Author has written 28 stories for Danny Phantom, Fairly OddParents, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Yu-Gi-Oh, SpongeBob SquarePants, Yu-Gi-Oh GX, and Rocket Power.
Hello, there. It is I, Danny'sGhostGirl. Welcome to my lovely profile. It's rather blah, but that's okay. I have many interests and a short attention span, so it takes me awhile to write/edit stories. I get distracted easily. Check here to see what all I'm up to, or what I'm attempting to be up to. Trust that I WILL finish whatever I post on here. I always hate it when an author posts a story but just suddenly quits in the middle of it without any warning.
Also keep in mind the dates I've posted some stories. Earlier stories are earlier stories...enough said. I'm sure there are a few things about some of my earlier stories that could always use fixing, but I also figure they were the stepping stones to getting to where I am at the moment. Hopefully I've gotten at least a little better, right? Right? A little positive reinforcement might help!!
Another thing is I love getting reviews! You can review old stories or new stories. Seeing that I got some reviews always makes me happy...and slightly nervous. But w/e. Shoot me a review if you want. I won't force you *shifty eyes* I also accept anonymous reviews; HOWEVER, anonymous reviews do not allow me to clarify things if you ask a question or seem confused (especially if I have already finished the story). I do try to make it a point to reply to my reviewers. If you don't have an account, I obviously can't get a hold of you, but I still enjoy that you took the time to read and review the story, so review away!
Anyway, enjoy. Thanks for stopping by. :)
If you'd like to randomly follow me or stalk me...Oh my O.o, then here ya go:
Though I must warn you, I'm not an interesting tweeter. I'm mainly on there to stalk Butch Hartman and see what's goin' on w/ him. I get FOP updates from his twitter and whatnot :) But I occasionally post a rant, and usually just post random crap from my phone when I'm bored.
I'll also use profanity sometimes...so...just a warning there.
I also have a deviant art account (hence the link, I suppose O.o). I don't really dabble in the drawing as much, but I have a few drawings up and some collages I've made. I also have some photography posted, so you are welcome to look at my stuff if you want :) (But it sucks...)
I love to listen to music, sing, make up stories, watch horror movies, and watch TV. Mainly cartoons. I'm a cartoon freak!
!FUN FACT! The list above is actually the only information left from my original profile from when I first started here in 2004. And it still holds true today.
Updated on (01/27)
Updated on (1/29)
I'll try to update weekly if I can!!!
So. Just so you guys know, I totally have a bunch of story ideas that could be possible for next year. COULD! Would you like me to list them? Yeah. You totally want me to list them.
Yeah. July 4, 2014 marks my ten years on FF.net, and that's just crazy! Or, as I used to type, crizayzy. So...all these ideas are partly why I take so long to write anything because I can't flipping concentrate! Perhaps I shall post a few for next year. We shall see, Lovely Readers. We shall see.
All-in-all time and short attention spans are what's going to prolong any of my stories, not just the ones I post below. Sorry for any inconveniences.
I also have tons of story ideas swarming my mind constantly...it gets rather overwhelming. They distract me, so I start writing stuff for them too, and stop focusing on upcoming stories I'm trying to finish up! So be patient w/ me. It'll all come together though. Woo!
Upcoming: (in no particular order, BTW)
I feel like I should do something weird since this year is my tenth anniversary on the site. So...I'll post some facts. I'll probably add to it when I think of more random things. Haha
1) My original outline of 'Come Back to Me' was completely different. The concept originally was that Juandissimo would steal Cupid's love arrows (just his regular ones), and he would travel back in time to when they were all in high school. He shot Wanda with the arrow, forcing her to suddenly proclaim her love for Juandissimo, and she flitted off to him, leaving teenage Cosmo heartbroken. Juandissimo then returned to the present where everything had changed and he was married to Wanda, and had been for over 10,000 years. Juandissimo and Wanda were not godparents, but actually worked with her father at his business. Wanda believed she was happy until she and Cosmo randomly met again, and she began falling for him. Then Juandissimo flips out and tries his hardest to not lose Wanda, but would ultimately fail.
I had actually forgotten about that draft until after I had written the story that's posted on this site. I'm personally happy that I went with the version that I did.
2) I chose the pen name Danny'sGhostGirl, obviously because of Danny Phantom. I also picked it because I had an idea for a Danny Phantom story that I wanted to write. That story ('The Ghost Boy Prophecy') was actually the 10th story I had posted on the site, having written three Yu-Gi-Oh! stories before it as well as six poems (one of them being a Danny Phantom poem). I published 'The Ghost Boy Prophecy' on 6/6/06, nearly two years after joining the site and picking the pen name that was inspired by said story. Haha.
3) I started co-writing a story with one of my friends once. It's posted under her pen name of yugischic08. It's a story for Yu-Gi-Oh!, it's supposed to be a comedy, and it's supposed to be like "The True Story" of Yu-Gi-Oh!. It's called 'Stupid Rewrites of Episodes'. We took turns writing the chapters. We never finished it, nor did we get very far (as there's only 2 chapters). But the reviews for it were fairly positive, and a few mentioned that it reminded them of Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged (which neither of us even knew existed at the time).
4) While I had started a "True Yu-Gi-Oh!" story with my friend, I actually have a few chapters of a Yu-Gi-Oh! story, which I titled 'The True Story of Yu-Gi-Oh!', which I probably started around the same time I was co-writing with my friend. It's not now nor has it ever been published on here. It's supposed to be pure comedy, and I'm not good with just nonstop comedy. Seriously. (If you want proof, just read 'The Night my Brother went Crazy'. The first chapter is pretty good, but it goes slightly downhill from there.) It took years to write the four chapters I have for 'The True Story of Yu-Gi-Oh!', and the fourth chapter isn't even finished. I'd like to post it one day, but I don't know if it'll ever happen at this point.
5) I tend to incorporate Harry Potter elements into my stories.
The wand battle between Wanda and Anti-Cosmo in 'The Mark' was, in fact, inspired by the scene between Harry and Voldemort in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
The prophecies and the prophecy orbs in 'The Ghost Boy Prophecy II' were inspired by the prophecies in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Danny's gloomy prophecy in that story was also inspired by Harry's own prophecy. While Harry's prophecy stated that "Neither can live while the other survives", Danny's prophecy states that, "Neither can live IF the other survives". I know. Hardly recognizable from the original.
I began thinking up the concept of 'The Mark' while watching Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince in theatres. (Side note: I don't know why I like spelling "theatres" that way...).
6) 'Come Back to Me' was originally titled 'Forbidden Love'. Since there was another story already titled that, I changed it. I actually think it works a little better because 'Come Back to Me' can mean a lot of things. Juandissimo wanted Wanda to come back to him, while Cosmo also wanted Wanda back. Mama Cosma wanted Cosmo back to herself, and Timmy just wanted his fairy family back. And, of course, Cupid wanted things back to normal as well. So I think the name change actually worked out for the better.
7) I came up with the name of 'Come Back to Me' while listening to the radio. "Come Back to Me" by David Cook was the song that was playing, and I felt that title could fit my story.
8) I changed the endings to one of my stories fairly recently. I tend to like those bittersweet endings sometimes. Actually there was no "sweet" to it at all. I was just super mean. I changed 'The Book of Shadows' to having a happy ending instead of a downright depressing one. SPOILER: It originally ended with Mokuba waking up and reading a note from his brother stating that he felt Mokuba would be happier without him and thus decided to stay dead. (He died in the previous story, and magic had "temporarily brought him back in the second. He had the choice of whether he wanted to stay permanently or return to the dead. He, as I just stated, originally picked the latter.)
9) One of my friends (yugischic08) showed me one time that someone had written a story in response to my "Yu-Gi-Oh! II: Anubis Returns". I never read it, but the summary started out with, "Did you hate the ending to Danny'sGhostGirl's story?" Or something to that effect. I don't believe it's on here anymore, and I regret actually not reading it. The fact that someone decided to write a story because they hated my ending actually amused me, so I'm sad I never actually read it to see what he/she did. Haha.
10) I tend to write more stories than I read. I used to read all the friggin' time! I was a reading machine when I was in elementary and middle school. I read both books and stories posted on here. Once I hit high school, I fell out of reading for fun. I prefer writing, but I'm trying to get back into reading.
11) In 7th grade, we had an assignment to write short stories. I made a story about how I had the Chucky doll at my house, and he was trying to kill me. In the end I killed him, and my original ending to that story stated, "Oh no. If this Chucky was the real Chucky, then I hope that the Tiffany doll I sent to my friend Brittany isn't the real one!" (Or something like that). She then wrote a story about how Tiffany was at her house. I didn't have the best friendship with Brittany, and I and my other friends actually stopped being friends with her multiple times. One of the times I "un-friended" her was around the time we were making these short stories, so I re-wrote my ending, so that it mentioned nothing about Brittany. I have no idea whether or not she kept her story the same or not.
12) In 10th grade, we had an assignment to write short stories (big surprise!). That's when I found out that my entire graduating class was extremely morbid. A few people went around the room and read a few of their stories, and most of them had to do with death, drugs, or some combination of the two. My story was no different. It started off with the dad in a family getting killed in a car accident. After that the mother in the family became an alcoholic basket case, leaving the oldest son to take care of his three younger siblings. He came home one day to find that his mom was beating his siblings in an alcoholic rage. It killed the youngest two, and the mother got away, and they couldn't find her. My teacher actually praised me for the story, saying that it was really good. But damn if it wasn't dark. (But apparently that fits in just fine with the rest of the kids in my class.)
13) I'm afraid of robots. A future where robots serve us is not something I want. I have been afraid of robots since I saw the movie Bicentennial Manwhen I was little. THAT'S NOT EVEN A HORROR MOVIE! AND THAT'S WHAT MADE ME FEAR ROBOTS! I like the movie i, Robot, but that's the sort of thing I'm afraid would happen. So...yeah. Robots. No.
14) I started eating cottage cheese because of my Great Dane. Yeah. I won't even explain that one. I'll just let you sit there and scratch your head and go, "How the ever-loving f*...?". Yes.
Unsafe External Link