Author has written 4 stories for Yu-Gi-Oh.
February 21, 2016
Like most fanfiction writers, I read -- a lot! And I've noticed that in some fandoms, it seems to be the fashion to post 'Unfinished' or 'Snippit' collections under an umbrella title. I am considering doing this myself with various fragments of writing as recovered from the crashed hard drive, or even new bits as the inspiration strikes. Please watch for "Flotsom and Feathers" -- primarily set in my WOAF Yu-Gi-Oh! universe, but possibly with some crossovers. Hopefully this will help motivate me, now that we've pretty much dealt with the collapsed ceiling and clean-up.
Thank you for your interest!
August 17, 2015
At the risk of sounding cliche, and like I'm making excuses, back in January our main computer's hard drive failed, as did attempts to salvage my files and photos. Most of my writing, as well as a number of impossible to replace fan fictions by other people that I had saved -- gone.
Some incomplete, older versions of Chapter 3 of "Paths of Righteousness" survive in part because I'd posted snippets on my Live Journal, or because I'd printed some bits out intending to share with the fan-fiction friendly Writer's Group I attended for a while in 2013-2014. I just haven't had the time or the energy to try patching the pieces together.
However, I do plan to start doing that...
Please be patient with me,
In my Yu-Gi-Oh! WoaF Seto/Ryou stories I use a combination of manga and anime for my characterizations -- I also like the Japanese names and am trying to be consistent, if not accurate in spellings and honorifics, etc. DOMA hasn't happened -- I might work bits of it in to go with the StarGate AU. I figure BattleCity took place during the first week of the summer school break (according to a 2003 Travel Book, summer break generally runs from mid July through August); in 'Breaking Strain' Ryou mentions several times that it's been about two months since they got home, which makes it about mid-September. I'm still dithering about how quickly (timewise) I'm going to develop the Seto/Ryou relationship - Kaiba's got some major bad mojo to work off, and Ryou's going to be rather hesitant to trust him again... heh, that's where Mokuba comes in, you see, because ... ah, wait, that would be telling...
Anywhoo... 'Breaking Strain' occurs on a Thursday afternoon; 'Midnight' is Kaiba's POV Thursday night and Friday. 'Still Water' will cover Friday and Saturday in Ryou's POV, and then Honda takes over for awhile until the dojo incident which involves Mokuba- and there I go again, giving out hints...
Past fannish indiscretions have included: ST:TOS, Star Wars, Doctor Who, The Green Hornet, The Real Ghostbusters, Airwolf, Highlander (the 1st movie and the TV series) Forever Knight, StarGate SG1, Gatchaman,and others too numerous to metion right now... ETA: Torchwood
And although I seem to have a mild case of SKxRB Yaoi fever, I DO enjoy reading well-written straight fics and other couples.
I Love to Read: Lois McMasters Bujold (Miles Vorkosigan saga, Chalion series); Carole Nelson Douglas (Midnight Louis & Irene Adler series); the late Ellis Peters 'Brother Cadfael' series; the late Roger Zelazny (almost everything, especially the first 'Amber' series); Tony Hillerman's Joe Leaphorn/ Jim Chee Navajo detective series; and again, so many others too numerous to mention.
Musicians/Music I Like:
Eric Stuart, Queen, REO Speedwagon, Kansas, Enya, Loreena McKennit, Gordon Lightfoot, Neil Diamond, Chicago (the group, not the Broadway musical), the late Canadian folk singer/composer Stan Rogers, the British folk-rock group Steeleye Span, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen, Carly Simon, Celene Dion; assorted musical theatre productions by Tim Rice, Andrew Lloyd Webber, both the concept recording AND the Broadway production soundtracks of 'The Scarlet Pimpernel' ; classical jazz, Wagnerian Opera, the blues, Gilbert Sullivan, and lot's of other stuff.
POSTED as of 04/26/08 The Weight of a Feather: (series title)
1. "Breaking Strain", (YGO, Post Battle-City, AU, Shonen Ai, told in First Person POV, includes violence, swearing, attempted rape). SUMMARY: In the aftermath of Battle City, life returns to normal - well, normal as possible. But two BC duelists are having a particularly bad day, and when their paths cross both lives will be changed forever - if they survive! COMPLETE!
2. "Midnight of the Soul": Companion piece to "Breaking Strain" - YGO, Angst, Shonen Ai. SUMMARY: Kaiba tries to understand what happened in Domino Park with Bakura, but ends up with more questions than answers... COMPLETE!
3) "Paths of Righteousness: Still Waters" - reactions to the events of 'Breaking Strain'. Ryou has PTSD? Honda suspects more than a simple mugging, and Kaiba starts having even weirder nightmares (about Egypt, go figure!) Chapter TWO is up!.
4. "Blind Game Again" - An encounter between Ryou's Aunt Chihiro and a certain CEO leads to confusion, a sealed deck Duel, a kiss, confessions, and the beginnings of a conspiracy.
5. "All Soul's Night - Mokuba tries to mend fences between his friend and his brother at a Charity Masquerade... but thing don't go as planned when a disgruntled ex-Kaiba Corp. employee implements a plan of his own.
6. "Chiyogami" - Post Ceremonial Dual. Mokuba asks the gang for help with a school project; Kaiba doesn't approve of some of the company he's keeping...
7. untitled - Ryou is dangerously ill and Kaiba is trying to find Bakura-san; will an unexpected visit from a long- absent relative bring healing -- or harm? (YGO/Torchwood)
8. "A Piece of the Night" - In the 1920's a brilliant but insane architect tried to bring about the end of the world -- who stopped him? Sixty years later, the Ghostbusters are hired to find out just what is haunting the old Cranston mansion and threatening the last of the Cranston heirs. (RGB/The Shadow)
"I wanna be Daniel Jackson when I grow up - damn, too late! I AM grown up!" - me