Author has written 3 stories for Yu-Gi-Oh.
For those who have wondered, I have NOT given up on my stories -- in fact I actually worked on "Paths of Righteousness" last week when I had a Home -from-Work Day due to the Sub-Zero temperatures currently making life miserable in the MidWest It would, in fact, be more accurate to say that I've pretty given up on fanfiction dot net, as the site has been harder and harder to work with lately. Not that Live Journal has been much better...
February 8, 2014
Many many apologies...
Previously, on the MotherCHOWGoddess's Profile:
I believe I mentioned in April 2008 that me, my husband, daughter and current Chow had moved and that we were in the process of settling in. I probably didn't mention the torn left shoulder muscle that required minor surgery and physical therapy for several months during the spring and summer, the freak windstorms and other weird weather, and varied other Real Life distractions and expenses-- one of which included re-discovering an old fan favorite in it's latest incarnation and spin-offs. Last November I also participated in National Novel Writing Month, and whilst I didn't reach the 50,000 word goal, I did break 10,000 with a long- pondered "Real Ghostbusters/The Shadow" crossover, which I have promised several Live Journal friends that I will continue working on. I also noodled around with bits of an YugiOh/Torchwood AU loosely spun off from my "Weight of a Feather" stories -- which I have NOT abandoned; I'm just stuck -- AGAIN.
Thank you for your patience!
March 29, 2009
In my Yu-Gi-Oh! WoaF Seto/Ryou stories I use a combination of manga and anime for my characterizations -- I also like the Japanese names and am trying to be consistent, if not accurate in spellings and honorifics, etc. DOMA hasn't happened -- I might work bits of it in to go with the StarGate AU. I figure BattleCity took place during the first week of the summer school break (according to a 2003 Travel Book, summer break generally runs from mid July through August); in 'Breaking Strain' Ryou mentions several times that it's been about two months since they got home, which makes it about mid-September. I'm still dithering about how quickly (timewise) I'm going to develop the Seto/Ryou relationship - Kaiba's got some major bad mojo to work off, and Ryou's going to be rather hesitant to trust him again... heh, that's where Mokuba comes in, you see, because ... ah, wait, that would be telling...
Anywhoo... 'Breaking Strain' occurs on a Thursday afternoon; 'Midnight' is Kaiba's POV Thursday night and Friday. 'Still Water' will cover Friday and Saturday in Ryou's POV, and then Honda takes over for awhile until the dojo incident which involves Mokuba- and there I go again, giving out hints...
Past fannish indiscretions have included: ST:TOS, Star Wars, Doctor Who, The Green Hornet, The Real Ghostbusters, Airwolf, Highlander (the 1st movie and the TV series) Forever Knight, StarGate SG1, Gatchaman,and others too numerous to metion right now... ETA: Torchwood
And although I seem to have a mild case of SKxRB Yaoi fever, I DO enjoy reading well-written straight fics and other couples.
I Love to Read: Lois McMasters Bujold (Miles Vorkosigan saga, Chalion series); Carole Nelson Douglas (Midnight Louis Irene Adler series); the late Ellis Peters 'Brother Cadfael' series; the late Roger Zelazny (almost everything, especially the first 'Amber' series); Jim Butcher's 'The Dresden Files'; Tony Hillerman's Joe Leaphorn/ Jim Chee Navajo detective series; and again, so many others too numerous to mention.
Musicians/Music I Like:
POSTED as of 04/26/08 The Weight of a Feather: (series title)
1. "Breaking Strain", (YGO, Post Battle-City, AU, Shonen Ai, told in First Person POV, includes violence, swearing, attempted rape). SUMMARY: In the aftermath of Battle City, life returns to normal - well, normal as possible. But two BC duelists are having a particularly bad day, and when their paths cross both lives will be changed forever - if they survive! COMPLETE!
2. "Midnight of the Soul": Companion piece to "Breaking Strain" - YGO, Angst, Shonen Ai. SUMMARY: Kaiba tries to understand what happened in Domino Park with Bakura, but ends up with more questions than answers... COMPLETE!
3) "Paths of Righteousness: Still Waters" - reactions to the events of 'Breaking Strain'. Ryou has PTSD? Honda suspects more than a simple mugging, and Kaiba starts having even weirder nightmares (about Egypt, go figure!) Chapter TWO is up!.
4. "Blind Game Again" - An encounter between Ryou's Aunt Chihiro and a certain CEO leads to confusion, a sealed deck Duel, a kiss, confessions, and the beginnings of a conspiracy.
5. "All Soul's Night - Mokuba tries to mend fences between his friend and his brother at a Charity Masquerade... but thing don't go as planned when a disgruntled ex-Kaiba Corp. employee implements a plan of his own.
6. "Chiyogami" - Post Ceremonial Dual. Mokuba asks the gang for help with a school project; Kaiba doesn't approve of some of the company he's keeping...
7. untitled - Ryou is dangerously ill and Kaiba is trying to find Bakura-san; will an unexpected visit from a long- absent relative bring healing -- or harm? (YGO/Torchwood)
8. "A Piece of the Night" - In the 1920's a brilliant but insane architect tried to bring about the end of the world -- who stopped him? Sixty years later, the Ghostbusters are hired to find out just what is haunting the old Cranston mansion and threatening the last of the Cranston heirs. (RGB/The Shadow)
"I wanna be Daniel Jackson when I grow up - damn, too late! I AM grown up!" - me
"Stop calling me HATHOR, brat! It was an honest typo!" - me, yelling at my daughter after someone responded to one of my reviews and left the "h" out of 'CHOW'.
Unsafe External Link