Author has written 5 stories for Pokémon, Dragon Ball Z, and Kim Possible.
Hey geeks and peeps! Yes...I called you all geeks, afterall we do frequent fanfiction.net. And you know what? We should be proud to be geeks! It's fun being a geek, a fan-dork! We're lovers of life, lovers of imagination, lovers of characters and literature! We ARE aweomse! So about me? I am an avid cartoon, tv show freak. In fact, I work in the film and entertainment industry! I love characters...I love creating them and I love expanding characters already created. I'm also a die-hard romantic (I just don't admit it).
I've been addicted to fanfics and fanart since I was in junior high. I've finished university and am a working woman now (I'm in my early-twenties, but I'll eternally be a child at heart). Fanfiction is my secret. I'm pretty embarrassed about it, seeing as I'm an adult and all...so my stories aren't read by anyone I know. I mean, how seriously would people take me if I told them I write stories on Pokemon? Not very. I also love fanart...but I can't draw very well. I've always wanted to illustrate scenes from my stories, but like I said...I can't draw. So if anyone ever wants to, I would love it! And I would love you :). I'm a member of deviantart.com (my username is redlips007) and I collect art of my favorite characters and shippings.
Speaking of shippings...since I'm a big, secret, romantic...here are my favs in no particular order:
1) Pokeshipping (Ash and Misty) from Pokemon. This goes without saying. The two belong together. I hate the new girls. I mean, they are probably nice and all, but they aren't Misty. In fact, I stopped watching when Misty left. Firstly, the artwork has gone downhill. Secondly, the storylines are ridiculous and repetitive. The newer seasons of Pokemon are a joke. There is no character development and the voice-acting (of the newer series) is laughable. In fact, as a Pokemon fan I refuse to accept the series involving May and Max, but especially with the new chick, what's her name? Dawn? as canon. As far as I'm concerned Pokemon ended years ago...it is only kept alive by the fans here and around the net. Anyway, Misty and Ash rock!
2) Rocketshipping (Jessie and James) from Pokemon. Although the newer episodes of Pokemon, which I hate, really don't make me like Jessie and James together. In fact, the newer episodes of Pokemon make James seem really homosexual. More so than in the past. And not that I have anything against that...it just really disappoints me as an avid rocketshipper. Again the new episodes have stunted the characters' growth and I hate the way teamrocket is portrayed. What happened to the old motto? Meowth's adorable voice? Jessie's va-va-voom curves? James somewhat tolerable voice? Argh...I miss the old days of Pokemon; including episodes like Holy Matrimony. Anyway, Jessie and James are the bomb!
3) Handymanshipping (Daisy and Tracey) from Pokemon. I think they're an incredibly cute and sexy coupling. This shipping isn't really official. However, I love the Pokemon Chronicles and I found Daisy and Tracey incredibly cute together! They'd make an interesting couple; with her beauty and outgoing nature and his shy, introverted persona. There is not enough fanfiction or fanart of the two of them. I can't believe it isn't as popular as it should be.
...and other Pokemon couples I like, that are far from official include Lily Waterflower and Gary Oak (I don't know why) and Brock and Violet Waterflower (again, I have no idea why).Maybe its because I think the Waterflower sisters are incredibly pretty and underrated characters, while Gary and Brock are just hot. I mean, I can understand how Gary can be surrounded by babes...but poor Brock. He's handsome, handy and incredibly caring. What is wrong with women in the Pokemon world? Brock is the perfect man! He's romantic, he can cook, has a great sense of adventure, mature for his age (I mean he keeps kids like Ash and Misty in place), caring...and not gay! Oh well...women are women; don't know what's good for them, even if its smack face in front of them (I would know, I'm a female myself).
As you can tell, I obviously love POKEMON. The older series that is...as the newer series don't exist in my mind.
Another cartoon I love is DRAGONBALL Z. Now originally I liked Bulma. But as I got into junior high, I did not like her at all. She struck me as a slut. I don't like sluts. I did, however, grow to love a character named ChiChi. Why? Well, I feel like she's under-used, hated way too much and stronger than people give her credit for. Firstly, people claim she yells and screams way to much. Well yeah! Her husband mistreats her, her son goes missing all the time and she's left alone to rot! Wouldn't you be pissed? If I were her I'd divorce Goku's ass and well...I don't know...but I'd divorce his ass. He might be a good fighter, but the series made me think he's a rotten husband and maybe...a strong maybe...semi-decent dad. Not only that, but she was a fighter! I wish the writers and animators would have used her more. They gave her quite the personality and just think of the storylines they could have given her? I mean why'd they have to bother with Bulma? What'd she do? ChiChi could have fought beside her husband...or they could have made her evil (since Goku befriends all the villains) and give the show a real twist. Her appearances were too short and too little. They abused her. They never explored the depths of her personality...the trauma Goku's deaths must have caused her, her fear and hatred for the man who, by all legal terms, kidnapped her son, Piccolo, the hurt she must've endured from Gohan's absence. I love ChiChi. She is one of my all-time favorite characters. Now...I do have a pet peeve. I first fell in love with her character when I heard the talented voice-over work from the Ocean Dub voice-actress, Laara Sadiq. She provided the perfect voice for ChiChi. When I heard the FUNimation version by Cynthia Cranz, it was like a slap to the face. ChiChi went from being the quiet-yet-humorously-horomonal housewife, to a valley girl. Now people may disagree with me...but Larra made the perfect ChiChi.
1) Oddly enough, my favorite DBZ pairing is Piccolo and ChiChi. They are not official, but I can't get enough of it. Oh the power of fan-craziness! Here's my theory, Piccolo is a lonely man. He hides under a tough exterior, but Gohan broke through that exterior and Piccolo proves to be a better father than Goku can ever dream to be. ChiChi may hate Piccolo, but if she truly gave him a chance she might see his maturity and responsibility and his ability to love. While Goku fears ChiChi, ignoring her demands and sneaking off; Piccolo would not. Piccolo would not fear ChiChi, he wouldn't be afraid to fight back and obviously, given the chance to love (as Gohan gave him) he would step up to the plate and take responsibility. All this is exactly what I think ChiChi needs. Sigh if only.
2) While I tend to give Goku a bad rep, him and ChiChi are my second fav pairing in DBZ. Reason being, a human, hopeful part of me feels that behind closed doors the two of them are very different. And as much as I hate to admit it, he's hot. ChiChi sees it, right? Their love life, when they have one, must be very satisfying. On top of that, the scene where Goku and ChiChi kiss goodbye during the cell saga really melted my cold heart. They are, begrudgingly, cute.
Unsafe External Link