Author has written 8 stories for Harry Potter, and Fairy Tail.
After years of reading FanFiction, I finally decided to try writing my own. So I created an account. I'm a bigger Harry Potter nerd now than I was when I first read the books, which is a little ironic. Actually, my nerd personality only started coming out after I went to college. What is it about being on your own that makes you go crazy? I don't know. But I love Harry Potter, and I love reading and writing, and what better way to combine them than by playing with my favorite characters and inventing my own stories for them? I'm also an anime freak, so some anime FanFictions may tentatively start showing up as well.
A little more about me: I graduated college with a major in creative writing, and I'm an aspiring writer looking to entertain you readers out there as well as myself. (All my fellow writers will probably agree with me when I say that writing your own books is often a lot more fun than reading someone else's.) I've dabbled in poetry and short fiction, though novels are my favorite things to write. Not that I've written any successful ones yet, but I've got a few in the works.
If you want to read some of my original works and rambles about writing, check out my blog, A Writer's Cache. Here's a link (remove the brackets): awriterscache(.)blogspot(.)com
(7/9/2020) I recently self-published an original fiction novel on Amazon called "Home." Here's the link if you want to check it out: https:///dp/B086PRL1D2. If it doesn't work, try this one and just remove the brackets: www(.)amazon(.)com/dp/B086PRL1D2
As of right now, I've got four stories posted, all for Harry Potter. The first is Taking Control. Then comes A Mishap and an Opportunity. Rose-Colored Lenses and Christmas with the Potters are companions to the latter, and don't have to be read in order.
Rose-Colored Lenses is a collection of one-shots of scenes from A Mishap in no particular order, though I am avoiding spoilers, so what you find there will only correspond to chapters already posted. While it isn't absolutely necessary to read Taking Control before the others, there are some nuances that a reader will miss in A Mishap and an Opportunity and its companions if you haven't read Taking Control first, and those nuances make the story a little more believable and enjoyable, especially since I have a few inside jokes going between Harry and Tonks that refer back to Taking Control.
(added 10/11/18) Junior Level Champion is a random idea I got from someone else's fanfiction. It has nothing to do with my other stories. Basically, it started with the question, what if Harry really was a figure skater? I recently rewatched Yuri on Ice and I have Disney's Ice Princess memorized, so I figured I could at least pretend to know what I'm talking about when it comes to the technical terms of figure skating. It's a short fic that has the potential to be fleshed out if I get enough positive feedback from it.
(added 7/9/2020) As some of you have noticed, I've recently branched out into the anime/crossover section. I just finished rewatching Fairy Tail, so I started reading the fanfiction, and naturally because Harry Potter is my favorite, I branched into the crossovers, too. And I saw how few stories there were of Harry joining Fairy Tail, and the ones I saw were either Harry transported as a kid or Harry OP'd as Master of Death. And I thought, but what about all the potential of Harry joining mid-Hogwarts? And so Fortune's Wheel was born. It takes place right at the end of Order of the Phoenix, right after the battle at the Ministry. I've only posted a few chapters so far, but I've got it written up to the beginning of the Oracion Seis arc. So there shouldn't be too many delays in posting. Especially since I have nothing but free time right now, as a teacher on summer vacation.
I also posted a companion fic, Fortune's Wheel: One-Shots and Drabbles (working title), that will have some missing moments that either didn't fit into the main story or ended up being cut.
Edit (2/3/2022): I was not originally planning to have Fortune's Wheel cover any events before canon except for some necessary background. So the One-shots and Drabbles fic was meant to be for any one-shots between Harry's arrival in Fairy Tail and the start of canon. But after receiving some reviews asking for more pre-canon material, I decided to write out the whole pre-canon story. So I'm taking the One-Shots and Drabbles down. Sometime in the future, I may repost some short, related one-shots again, but right now my focus is on the main story.
This is copied from another author's profile, but I loved it so much I had to include it here.
Ways to know if you are a writer…
You talk to yourself a lot - Check.
When you talk to yourself you often talk to yourself like you're talking to someone else - Also check.
You live off of sugar and caffeine. - I try to be healthy... Of course, the bag of gummies on my desk doesn't help matters...
Your texts tend to be extremely long and completely random. - More like, I insist on using proper spelling and grammar. Especially when I ramble.
When replying to a text, you never actually get to the point of it. - Actually, it's my stories that I can't get to the point of...
No matter where you are in your room you'll never have to get up to get a pen/pencil and paper. - And I carry a notebook with me everywhere.
The letters on your keyboard are wearing off. - Well, my old computer did. Give it a year or so, and my new one will, too.
You constantly start talking in third person, past, present, or future, or Shakespearean where you start adding it to the end of every word. - Not quite yet. But I do make literature references that only I understand, and then they stare at me when I laugh. I also talk to myself with a British accent a lot...
You make lists of things you are going to write about, then start laughing for no apparent reason - You mean that's not normal??
Your friends stopped looking at you funny when you laugh for no apparent reason a long time ago. - Well...maybe. Or they exchange looks when I'm not looking.
Your mood depends on what’s going on in your story. - Check. And vice-versa, of course.
The most social interaction you get in a day is the conversations you write between your characters. - Check. Their life is just so much more interesting than mine!
You forget that not everyone spends their free time writing. - Wait, really? Since when?
You’re in a tough situation and you think, “What would my character do?” - And a new story is born.
The 27 Commandments of Fanfiction (I had to)
1. Thou shalt not post a fic until it has been checked for grammar and spelling errors. The fanfiction gods hath given thee a spellchecker on the computer for good reason. Use it.
2.Thou shalt not post a chapter of less than 100 words, unless it is a drabble. This displeases the masses.
3.Thou shalt not put author's notes in the middle of the story.
4.Thou shalt NEVER use text-speech in a fic, unless the characters are actually texting.
5.Thou shalt keep to one tense, and only one, throughout the story. Do not switch randomly.
6.Apply the above number 5 to POVs as well.
7. Thou shalt not get offended when someone makes fun of the crack pairing featured in your fanfiction. It probably is rather hilarious.
8.Thou shalt not use , ;, or :( in a fanfiction to show the emotion exhibited by a character.
9.Thou shall attempt to keep characters in character!
10.Thou shall not treat every criticism as a flame.
11.The author's note is not a spot for thy personal drama, and thou shalt not make it so.
12.Thou shalt not put any form of the phrase "first fic" in thy summary.
13. Thy created characters must not have names that exceed five syllables in length. Nor shall thy name have more than five words in length.
14. Thou shall not insert thyself into the story line as thyself or as a character- yes we know that you are in love with yourself and are very narcissistic; we just don’t want to read about how you end up with the main character.
15. If thou art writing a story that does not follow the original story line, point it out in the beginning.
16. Thou shall not make a person randomly smart or powerful unless stating a reason for the change (a good reason).
17. Thou shalt show and not tell.
18. Thou shalt not EVER use the phrase "I suck at summaries" in thy summary. This annoys thy readers.
19. Thou shalt not write the same way thou speakest- writing is an art.
20. Thou shalt ALWAYS spell the word "okay" correctly. Using the letter "K" is an unacceptable compromise.
21. Thou shalt only use clichés when thou a) art writing a parody or b) find a new and interesting twist to make such clichés bearable to thine reader.
22. Thou shalt always separate dialogue from two separate speakers in two separate paragraphs. Otherwise thine readers shall be confused.
23. Thou shalt not EVER make a chapter all one paragraph. This infuriates thy reader and the fanfiction gods. They have given thee an ENTER key with good reason.
24. Thou shalt not write with thy caps lock on; it displeases the masses, causes thy readers to lose their vision, and make angels weep.
25. Thou shalt know how to spell the character's names correctly before thou writest the fic. Misspelling the name of the main characters makes readers angry and distracts from the story.
26. Thou shalt not say in thine summary, "summary inside". This shows lack of creativeness and infuriates the masses. The only exception is when a summary is cut short and a continuation of it lies inside.
27. Thou shalt use paragraphs and space the story so it is not terrifyingly daunting to thine readers.