Author has written 17 stories for Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Harry Potter, Fullmetal Alchemist, Fate/stay night, My Hero Academia/僕のヒーローアカデミア, Naruto, Kimetsu no Yaiba/鬼滅の刃, Spy x Family, Rising of the Shield Hero/盾の勇者の成り上がり, Manhwa/Korean Comics/만화, and Natsume Yūjin-Chō.
Hi guys. Welcome to my profile! :)
I'm an Indonesian who's currently studying architecture in Singapore. These days I don't usually have much time to write, so updates would be even more sporadic. I'm also easily distracted by new story ideas, so writing and continuing any fic are really dependent on my mood.
I personally love slice-of-life genre, partly because it's sometimes more relatable than any other genre. Comedy is another of my favourites, though my counsellor thinks it's because I was trying to cope with a stressful life (or maybe I'm just fit to be a comedian). I love romance too, since I haven't experienced one in real life. Strangely, I tend to avoid reading sad stories (because I hate crying) but my dream in writing fanfics is to be able to make people cry while reading my story.
I also have a thing for snarky characters.
I quite dislike harem stories, mainly because many of those tend to depict women unrealistically. Maybe because I'm a woman myself. It's just strange to see perfectly capable and independent women throwing themselves to a single male, often just because he's the MC.
I very much prefer South Korean original story-writing than Japanese, Chinese or Western. It is quite evident from my favourite reading list below.
In my personal opinion, a lot of South Korean writers have this knack of writing relatable plot and good characterisation, more so than their Japanese and Western counterparts.
I come from a relatively conservative society (I'm Indonesian), so sometimes I can't really relate to Western stories. Especially their most-of-the-time rather hasty romances.
Is it just me or is it getting harder and harder to find good, innocent non-harem Japanese stories these days?
Tried reading Chinese works, but so far I couldn't take it for reasons unknown. Sorry.
I have a pretty high artistic standard because I used to draw a lot before University. I prefer reading comics (mangas/manhwas) than watching anime because ever since I started watching Kdrama, it just feels...cringey...to watch 2D characters move awkwardly in anime. I love watching anime if they have good animations though, such as Ufotable's Demon Slayer and Fate/Stay Night series.
Current list of favourite original works by others (20210201):
1. Life, Once Again! (SKorean webnovel, read on Wuxiaworld app) - An absolute gem. Pure realistic slice-of-life (with a dash of unnecessary fantasy, but still okay) which also discusses the harshness of commoners' lives in South Korea. I love how snarky the MC is.
2. Trash of the Count's Family (SKorean webnovel, read on Wuxiaworld, though it has been taken down recently) - Essentially plot within a plot within a plot within a plot...The 'no romance' is actually okay in my book, but sometimes it is a bit painful to read due to the writer's style of writing. But the plot is certainly top-quality.
3. Solo Leveling (manhwa) - Fantastic art, especially the action scenes. MC is very handsome, so I approve. Not much about the plot and the character development, though.
4. Unholy Blood (manhwa) - Another fantastic art with great action scenes and cool characters. Has one of the most badass female leads I've ever seen.
5. A Stepmother's Märchen (manhwa) - Breathtaking art in a way that is beautifully dramatic. Plot is interesting too.
6. Spy x Family (manga) - Everything I need: family, comedy, action - with many undercover identities. I love stories about parental characters interacting with young children.
7. Inso's Law (manhwa) - Another slice-of-life. I love the characterisation of the MCs.
8. Daybreaking Romance (manhwa) - Fucking cute.
9. Honnou Switch (manga) - Fucking cute too.
10. Dazzlingly Bright (manhwa) - The male lead is dazzlingly bright. Approved!
11. Mom, I'm Sorry (manhwa) - One of the most unique slice-of-life stories out there. This reminds me of how wonderful good parents are for their children, and how ungrateful we are sometimes towards the people who've helped us.
12. The Girl Downstairs (manhwa) - Another breathtaking art and dramatic yet simple romance. The female lead may seem yandere-like at times, but she just needs some healing.
List of posted works (20210201):
1. The World's Greatest Servant (one-shot)
2. The Last Command (discontinued, sorry)
3. lost (and found) (on hiatus. I swear I have chapter two somewhere but I can't find it)
4. Finally, a Vacation! (one-shot. up for adoption)
5. Flames of Steel (on hiatus)
6. Unequivalent Exchange (on hiatus)
7. What a Coincidence (on-going)
8. I'll Give You a Second Chance (on hiatus)
9. Breath of the Sun (on-going)
10. Finding Home (one-shot. completed)
11. I Think I'm on Vacation (on-going)
List of unfinished, un-posted works rotting in my drive (most of them are still chap 1) (20210201):
1. Bleach x F/SN - Emiya Shirou/EMIYA/Nameless as Ichigo's Zanpakuto. Something about having the same protagonist soul or some shit.
2. Avatar: The Last Airbender x F/SN (titled Of Ash and Fire) - Emiya Shirou/CG EMIYA reincarnated as Prince Lu Ten, son of Iroh. Interesting premise, but I don't know how to continue yet.
3. KHR x BnHA - Adult!Reborn somehow got transported to BnHA world. Many angst, killed Midoriya Inko because of work (haven't figured out why yet). Gave Izuku a choice between to live or to die; Izuku chose to live. Reborn tutored Quirkless Izuku to survive in the cruel Quirk-Mafia world, but Izuku just wanted to kill his mentor. Some elements inspired from Black Cat (you can easily figure it out if you know Black Cat). Might not be a crossover because there's actually no need for Reborn to be there.
4. Rising of the Shield Hero x F/SN (titled The First of Heroes) - Emiya Shirou is the first person summoned to Shield Hero world, thus the first and only Hero. He's Fitoria's master. People thought he's dead and only a myth, but when the most recent Shield Hero Naofumi and his party struggled against the monster T-Rex, Fitoria appeared and reveal the truth: the First and Strongest Hero is still alive.
5. KHR (a collab fic with my dearest friend and beta SwitchbladeSunsets) - Tsuna could dream future deaths, but he could do nothing about it. Well, most of the time. Inspired by KDrama titled While You Were Sleeping. Super excited to finish this!!
6. F/SN time-travel fic (titled All or Nothing) - Archer suddenly woke up in the familiar Great Fuyuki Fire, in the aftermath of the Fourth Holy Grail War. He found his younger self and was about to kill him when he realised the boy calling out his dead mother. Apparently, his younger self hadn't lost all of his memories and thought Archer was his dad. Fujimura Raiga thought so too. Pretty fucked up, huh? (mostly angst and self-discovery). Likely to be posted, though I have to consult some F/SN experts first.
A Dyslexic Writer (42)
Anello di Tempesta (10)
Autore Raita (23)
Coeur Al'Aran (35)
College Fool (36)
Ellaina Fiore (29)
euphoric image (15)
Farra Gate (6)
Gone Wanderlust (2)
Heir to the Sky (6)
Kitsune Freak (13)
Lady Hallen (3)
Lys ap Adin (307)
Millie M. Banshee (23)
Pen Sil (0)
PT-chan ssu (39)
Sanauria Maldhun (15)
Tsume Yuki (90)
Virtually Forgotten (31)
Yolea Irk's (22)