Author has written 18 stories for Harry Potter.
I clearly recall the very first story I wrote back in fourth grade. I'd just learned descriptive words and I used every adjective and adverb I could find for my summer vacation story. I think it bored the teacher to death, but my friends loved it. I was much chagrined to discover the tendency to embellish is genetic. My son continues to write long descriptive sagas that remind me of Lucas' Star Wars. He also has a tendency to doodle on every available scrap of paper creating a variety of languages and little nordic soldiers.
About forty years later, I still love to write. I teach second grade - imagine me in a classroom of 20 8 and 9 year olds learning together. We draw often and read even more. Junie B. Jones is the current favorite and anything to do with humorous poetry.
I love angsty stories. I also enjoy humor cleverly incorporated into a story. Needless to say, you won't find much of the latter in my writing, but plenty of the former.
Below is a timeline of my stories on FanFiction.net. Order of Stories:
1. The First Path In (middle of Harry's 5th year)
2. Confrontations and Confessions (August before Harry's 5th year)
3.Alternate Routes (Spring of Harry's 5th year)
4.Interludes (May/June of Harry's 5th year)
5. Summer Lessons (Summer before Harry's 6th year)
Then the stand-alones which don't necesarily fit in the saga (alternate time line):
1. The Masquerade (Halloween, 5th year. Fluff. A challenge piece about a costume for Snape)
2. 7th Year Potions with Fred and George (5th year, early winter)
3. Killing the Messenger (5th year, Weekend prior to Christmas/winter holidays)
4. Pandora's Gate (5th year, spring)
5. Practicum (5th year, late spring)
6. Hunting for Hagrid (5th year, late spring, after Practicum)
7. Shadow Trolls
8. When Harry left Severus... (after the 7th year, after Voldemort's demise.)
9. Discoveries (a piece exploring Ollivander and the idea that Snape has been found out as a spy. How does Dumbledore react?)
Finally, the last piece. Another alternate timeline:
1. A Promise to be Better (5th year begining in the second week of school in September)
2. The Weasley Twins Brew Again (Winter term, 5th year)
Unsafe External Link