Author has written 8 stories for Shaman King, Yu-Gi-Oh GX, Naruto, and D.Gray-Man.
Hi I'm MaiKujakufan. Welcome to my homepage.
Name: Just call me Mai
Hobbies: Reading and writing fanfics (although I have to get better about the latter), reading in general especially fantasy novels and manga, and watching as much anime as my hectic life permits me to watch.
All time Favorite Animes/mangas: Fullmetal Alchemist (love the manga and the first anime series but I hate Brotherhood because I don't think it was handled very well and I was disappointed), and Fruits Basket (I'm a total romance junky)
Current favorites/obsessions: Pandora Hearts
Animes/mangas that I love mostly because they were part of my childhood: Yu-gi-oh (the original. I liked GX but I had a hard time finding the earlier episodes in Japanese so I gave up. 5D is too ridiculous even for my childish love of the Yu-gi-oh franchise), Sailor Moon (I think the manga and live action are way better but the anime was a big part of my childhood so I love it despite it not being such a good adaptation. The manga was my first manga ever I wish it was still in print.), Shaman King (It was my real gateway series without it my anime experience would've been limited to the horribly murdered dubs I saw as a child)
Animes/mangas that I like reading fanfics for: Bleach, Naruto, D.Gray-man (although I have trouble finding really good ones), Fullmetal Alchemist (I'm especially picky about the quality of these), Avatar, and occasionally I look at Shaman King and Yu-gi-oh but I don't like those as much anymore
1. Nothing pisses me off more than people who use chat language and script format in their fics (or really anywhere it's killing our grammar as a culture). It's just stupid. Try to act just a little bit professional people. If you want people to enjoy your story and think highly of it don't make your characters say things like "lol u r cool" it just makes them sound stupid. I'm not saying that fanfics should be totally serious but please have some standards.
2. People who assume all anime is the same. As true anime fan knows things like Dragon Ball Z and things like FMA are completely different. I also think that no one should miss out on anime just because they have a thing against one or two shows that they've seen (especially something highly altered in the dub like Sailor Moon or Yu-Gi-Oh).
3. Animes that are dubbed so badly that they are almost nothing like the original show. Example: Cardcaptor Sakura. Not only was the name of the show changed but most of the interesting subplot was cut out. And personally I think the interesting subplot was the best part of the show. Not to mention that about half the episodes were cut out because they wanted to make it more guy friendly so they wanted Shaoran to be the main character as well. When clearly while he is pretty much a main character he is not the protagonist of the story and there are in fact many episodes he is not in. Cardcaptor Sakura and other such shows like Sailor Moon and Yu-Gi-Oh have been murdered by the American dubbers and these dubs not only reflect badly on the original animes but on anime in general and should be stopped.
4. Bad voices used in many dubbed animes. They sound so ridcoulous that they make the conversations sound annoying and cheesy and serve as a turnoff to potential viewers who might otherwise like the show. Example: Naruto. Most of the voices make the characters sound stupid. I know several people who were so annoyed by the voices that they gave up on the show completely. Good voices are not impossible just look at FMA and the Miyazaki movies the voices in those are great. And most of the Adult Swim shows have a casts of mostly good voices. So if the American producers would just try harder most american dubs could sound as well as look good.
5. Twilight. Please don't send me hate messages because of what I'm about to say 'cause I will fight you to the death with my opinions. It sucks. The plot is sooooo unoriginal the writing style and characters are quizilla worthy. Bella is weak ass Mary-Sue who has no personality whatsoever (the really sad part being Meyer did this on purpose) and Edward Cullen is just an abusive jerk there is nothing hot about him at all. I could go but I'm going to choose not to. My response to all Twilight crazed fangirls and their incessant rants is: watch the first 3 seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer than try telling me Twilight is good (I have done this to several crazed diehard Twilight fans and all of them have been forced to admit that Twilight is a cheap Buffy ripoff. Try it fangirls it's so much better). So everyone please just shut up about these stupid books. Once again those who send me hate mail will get more back. They will also be laughed at and have all their grammar mistakes posted. I would also like to take a moment to direct attention to how insane some fangirls are (I do not mean all I only mean who take it way too seriously and feel the need to defend Meyer's (non-existent) pride as an author (although I don't really consider her one)):
If you want to know most of the reasons I hate Twilight watch shemeilarockie's video series You are Bella it's amazing:
Again I repeat I am not saying all Twilight fans are crazy just that some of them take their obsession a little too far.
Alright I really hate to say this I was so sure I meant to finish a couple of my old Shaman King fics but let's face it I've been working on them at a pace that makes snails look fast for years. I'm just not passionate about them anymore. I also find myself looking over them and thinking that my ocs were a little too mary-sueish. I had endings in mind for Do You Remember Me? and Close Enemies I just don't think I'll ever make it there. I'm sorry.
Ok so my hardrive decided that it didn't want to live anymore. I lost everything without warning. Fortunately I didn't lose anything that could seriously fuck up my life. The downside is that I had planned out the next 3 or 4 chapters of Don't Need a Savior. So now I have to try to rewrite the plans completely from scratch before I start chapter 2. Basically it's gonna take a while especially when you factor in my laziness. So sorry guys you probably won't see anything for a while.
Unsafe External Link