Author has written 9 stories for Harry Potter.
Hi Everyone! I am Arcturus Peverell and I am this guy from India who started off with a fierce obsession with reading HP fanfics and finally ended up writing some of my own. I decided to let you know a couple of things beforehand.
1. I do not have an update schedule. I write when I can. That can range from 10 chapters/ week to 1 chapter/2 weeks. This is fanfiction and the reason I write is to develop my writing skills. So, despite a hard day's work, I patiently sit down and crank out chapters for my dear readers and the entire thing is for free. After all, it is not like I get paid for writing it. Hence, I particularly do not like it when I get spammed about my update schedules. Do that to Rowling, after all, she made the money. I did not. Not good enough? See ya!
2. I have a couple of problems with canon, hence I love AU as a concept. Then again, as a friend once mentioned, anything on fanfiction.net is technically AU unless JKR decided to rewrite the entire thing again. Hence I will not stand when I hear petulant complaints about how Mr. XXX is behaving so unlike his normal canon-ish version. This is AU, not canon. Want canon versions? Read the original texts. They are available online (PDF) free anyway.
3. I completely HATE ridiculous things like SOUL BONDS and stuff. It creeps me out when eleven-year olds find their true life-partner and are extremely comfortable. From personal experience, most lovers-since-childhood I know had ended up in quite nasty divorces. Hence, quite ridiculous. Once again, It is my opinion and I am not shoving it down anyone's throat.
4. For a writer, nothing is more satisfying than a proper review. Now by that, I do not refer to grand salutations and praises being heaped on my profile. While everyone does like that (including me), I am more than happy with a kind word and a proper review. Reviews are for readers to provide the author some suggestions about how to better the story. You find something wrong, some mismatch, tell me. I am always eager for it. You figure some way to better my character and storyline development, tell me. Hell, you find something so small as a typo, I am still pleased with it. After all, unless my reviewers tell me, how will I better myself?
If you use the review option to--
1) Shove your personal opinion on me, about how this should that, and that should not be that and blahblahblah... bully for you. Not interested. TATA!
2) Don't have a constructive suggestion, not an issue. Don't use the review column to send me sarcastic messages, or resort to profanity. Remember, you do not pay me. This is free, so what-you-see-is-what-you-get. Not good enough? Find other fics that catch your fancy. If you resort to profanity or vulgar language or even irritate me by sending in useless reviews that is meant to annoy, I will ban you faster than you can say "ALWAYS!" If you think you can hide behind a guest review, I will delete your review. So save your time and efforts, go do something constructive.
5. My likes and dislikes. First dislikes alright? After all, the meal should be finished with something sweet.
Harry/Ginny pairing. It scares the hell out of me. Ginny, as a character, is too creepy for my liking. An obsessive fan girl who has hardly any role in the books (almost absent in the movies), Ginny is a bit too mean and shallow for my tastes. She tries to gain Harry's attention till fourth year but to no effect, and then moves in to date other guys to try making him jealous. It always bugged me that Harry, who never thought of Ginny as nothing else but Ron's little sister, suddenly gets jealous of Ginny dating other guys. Especially the line 'the monster in his chest roared...' gave me creeps. More like Amortentia or something was involved, I tell you. after all, Ginny did show an interest in love potions and everything. And don't even get me started on ' she looks like his mother' tripe. It's ridiculous.
Harry/Daphne Pairing :This is my most favorite pairing. A Gryffindor who was destined for Greatness in Slytherin. A Slytherin girl who remains aloof to the bigotry in the House. Fantastic chemistry. Since Daphne is technically canon wallpaper, it makes it all the more easy for authors to describe her in their own ways. Importantly, the two-rival-houses thing has a lot of dynamism around it, and can in turn, pave the path for inclusion of characters from other houses. Too much of Bravery is stupidity, while too much of cunning is cruelty. A right mix of both works wonders, as so many fantastic authors have shown again and again.
That's all folks. Enjoy the stories. Read, review, follow and favorite. Thank you.
|Focus:||Books Harry Potter|