Author has written 13 stories for Torchwood, Brokeback Mountain, Supernatural, Outsiders, and Doctor Who.
Hello all, I'm Artemis! I've officially graduated from High School [thank God!]. I'm currently in college, majoring in Paralegal, and I'm hoping it works out because I really have no back-up plan whatsoever! Silly, I know. Anyway, I've been writing since about the first grade and it's something that I enjoy immensely. I tend to get obsessed with at least one or two things at a time, and will probably only stick with writing about those until I get bored with them. My current obsessions are Supernatural, Torchwood, and Doctor Who, although Torchwood is my all time favorite right now.
Hmm...well, what else? The first story I ever worked on in first grade was with my best friend at the time, and it was a "series" called "Half-World". Basically, it was like planet Earth was split in half, and everyone on the planet was half-human, half-animal. Don't ask, we were little. Since then, I've had the tendency of naming characters really weird names because I don't care for common names. I've always had a slight obsession with the name Jack, and almost all the characters named "Jack" in movies were my favorite (Garrett Hedlund = Four Brothers; Gary Oldman = State of Grace). Sadly, all those characters seemed to have the urge to die on me. So thank God the immortal character of Jack Harkness came along, eh?!
Other random things you probably don't care about:
1. I am a huge freaking klutz. No joke. If there is something in front of me, I will trip over it. In fact, I have the "talent" of being able to trip when there is nothing there to trip me. Also, walking up stairs is kind of like death for me. Yes, I even trip up the stairs, where normal people would trip down.
2. I have the attention span of a two year old. Someone will be talking to me and I'll be staring out the window/door, and suddenly go "OOOH! LOOK! SQUIRREL!"
3. Much to my friends amusement, I seem to have a thing for older men. I haven't had a crush on any guy in my grade since Freshman year, considering they're all amazingly immature. Current celebrity crushes are: Mark Wahlberg; John Barrowman; Gareth David-Lloyd; Jeffrey Dean Morgan; Jensen Ackles. I even had a brief crush on Gary Oldman, but now I merely adore his acting. Seriously, if someone tells me they don't think the man's a freaking amazing actor, there's something wrong with them. Regarding the older men thing, my friends actually think that I'll end up with one of my professors in college. Which won't happen, unless one of them is thirty something ;. That's my limit on age.
4. Favorite bands right now are AFI; Brand New; Jack's Mannequin; Blue Oyster Cult; A Day To Remember.
5. My all time favorite movies are The Producers; Tropic Thunder; Sherlock Holmes; Ten Inch Hero.
5. In regards to fanfic, I absolutely adore Torchwood stuff right now, especially anything that has to do with a Jack/Ianto relationship. I actually really like the AU stuff going on about them - it's actually really awesome! The one thing that I don't really care to read on the site though is anything that has to do with pointless smut. I'll read that stuff if it somehow moves along the relationship or has something to do with the plot, but I don't like reading it when it's all just about sex.
6. I am very, very supportive of equal rights for gays, and really can't stand people who act as if there's something wrong with people who aren't like them. Honestly, I don't care if you don't like gays, but you don't have to be a complete jerk about it. Don't like them, fine, but don't be a prick. I also can't stand when the people who are so against gays bring the whole God equation in. Seriously, gays aren't hurting anyone, so just leave them alone and realize it's the 21st century!
7. I tend to talk about my characters as if they're alive, which is strange to my friends. Seriously, though, it kind of makes sense to me - I create this whole extensive background on every character that I've ever created, and I have to treat them like they're alive because it feels like it's way easier to get into their heads then and make them believable on paper. It still gets me weird looks - like this one time I was talking to a friend about how I didn't like one of my main characters anymore because he was too egotistical and selfish, and she was like "you know, you talk about him like he's real or something." And I kind of just laughed and shrugged it off. Everyone has different methods of writing, I suppose.
Anddd...that's pretty much it :D.
- Needless Words Torchwood: Takes place a few hours after Lisa was killed in Cyberwoman. Basically just a hurt/comfort fic between Jack and Ianto. Complete.
- Time Heals (Book 1 of 3, maybe 4) Torchwood: Follows Ianto through seasons 1, 2 & 3, starting after the Cyberwoman episode. Follows the relationship between Jack and Ianto, as well as some of the other characters. Complete.
- The Producers: Torchwood style: Basically just "The Producers" 2005 movie edition, but with a Torchwood twist. Work in progress. On hiatus.
- Don't Wake Me Torchwood: Jack Harkness rarely dreams, but when he does, it's always about those he's loved and lost. And, sometimes, Jack doesn't ever want to wake up. Inspired by the Skillet song "Don't Wake Me". Complete.
- Fate Torchwood: Life as Gwen Cooper's friend is never easy...especially when she keeps trying to set you up. Work in progress.
- What About Us? Torchwood: Rhys thinks over his relationship with Gwen after he watches her with Jack at their wedding. Inspired by the John Barrowman song "What About Us?" Complete.
- Memorizing Brokeback Mountain: Sometimes, Ennis can't fall asleep during his "fishing trips" with Jack. On those nights, he takes his time looking at the other man, memorizing every detail because he's never quite sure if Jack will come back. Complete.
- In Your Arms Brokeback Mountain: History repeats in the lives of Ennis's and Jack's grandsons, Abel Mitchell and Lucas Twist. Work in progress.
- It Falls Apart From the Very Start Supernatural: When four year old Dean Winchester fell asleep in his happy and secure life, he didn't realize that in less than an hour, his entire world was going to fall apart. In process of being rewritten. Hiatus.
- When the World Comes Crashing Down The Outsiders: Darry always thought he was going to have a normal life. Go to college, get a good job, find a wife, and maybe start a family of his own. And then the world came crashing down all around him. Work in progress.
- A Light in the Darkness Doctor Who: AU-ish. The day The Doctor and Rose Tyler said goodbye, she wasn't exactly truthful with him.