Author has written 38 stories for Harry Potter, Yu-Gi-Oh, Doctor Who, Card Captor Sakura, Torchwood, Elfen Lied, Final Fantasy X-2, Underworld, Luxe series, Pokémon, Parodies and Spoofs, His Dark Materials, Sarah Jane Adventures, Earth's Children, Beyond Good & Evil, Minecraft, Tales of the Otori, Hunger Games, and Sherlock.
Sorry everyone. Still waiting on the boyfriend for a certain duel conclusion. Chapter 23 will be out soon.
After ten years on this website, I feel I must share some of my lessons, learned by being both a reader and a writer.
The Great Truths I have learned from Fanfiction
1) Writing is a constantly evolving process. You might think you are at the top of your game now, but in five years, you will surprise yourself.
2) Good fanfictions are like precious gems in a sea of bad grammar, poor plot and mangled characters. When you find them, hold them close and never let go.
3) No one likes the stuff they wrote five years ago.
4) Never give a fanfic writer concrit unless they ask for it. Some people are just not emotionally ready to be told yet that they suck, even if you do have a perfectly helpful suggestion of improvement.
5) Bashing a character is pointless. There are plenty of people in real life who deserve your hatred more.
6) In matters of shipping you will never be able to please everybody, so instead, simply try to please yourself.
7) Don’t argue with fangirls – you will never win.
8) If at first you don’t succeed, blow it up harder.
Interested? In me? . . .umm. . .why?
All right, a tiny bit of detail. My name is Tash. I'm twenty six, and I've been on fanfiction for ten years. Its been a long journey, and I've loved every second. I'm from the land of tea and crumpets, and when I'm not writing, I'm probably belly dancing or stitching a new cosplay. I proudly wear the label of 'nerd'.
I'm Leader and Co-Founder of the Anti-Cliche and Mary-Sue Elimination Society, which is just as insane as it sounds. My biggest project on here is Witches Wizards Shadows and Souls which I finished back in 2008. The sequel was stranded in the lobby of development hell for a very long time before I came back to it, but now its being posted slowly and surely.
So far as reading goes, I'm a lot more selective with fanfiction than I was when I first started. This is mostly due to my long fought for, well earned, Masters degree, in which I was essentially taught how to be a professional editor. I can't shut my inner critic off now, and I'm much more difficult to please than I was back in ye olden times. This is also why I rarely review - I'm a very honest critic and a lot of people here don't appreciate it. So I keep my opinions largely to myself. I have a few types of fanfiction that I have a weakness for, and its these you will often find me pawing through for a good read.
For stuff I do visit my blog at
Unsafe External Link
|Community:||The Anti-Cliche and Mary-Sue Elimination Society|
|Focus:||General: All Categories|