Author has written 3 stories for Harry Potter.
Thought of the day: It must be nice to be middle-aged, single & unemployed with enough time on my hands to rip apart everyone's version of HP characters! Unlike some, I do not live vicariously through my HP characters. Fanfiction is just for fun... Nothing to get too excited about! So let's all try to get along, eh?
:Special thanks to my REAL readers... You guys are fantastic! You are open-minded, posess forward thinking & have great taste! winks - Everyone else can bugger off!:
Hey guys, I now have officially posted 2 stories, Lying Eyes, and Slept So Long, they're both Snape/OC stories. Word on the street is that Chapter 2 of SSL is a little shaky with scene transitions, and you all will be happy to know that it is in the process of being corrected.
Snape is the only HP character I'll write about. I think he's one of the few in the story that lives a mildly deep / interesting / intriguing live... along with Sirius & maybe Lupin. The rest, I can't get too much into writing about. I'm the President of our own little small-town version of what we fondly refer to as the "SSS"; as in Support Snape Society. We maintain his innocence and have formed an air-tight defense for him. And this was all POST HBP. So yes, we still believe in him! I have things planned to write clear up til the end of the 6th book, and even a little beyond there. So stay tuned! For more info: send me a message & I'll be happy to give you a detailed briefing!
A Little About Me...
You can call me Kenz, if you wish. I'm 23 & live in a little town in Western PA. I've been in college for... hm... let's see...6 years now! I've recently graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminology and am currently attending Duquesne University, putting myself through law school. I also work part-time in a law office as a law clerk. In my spare time (which is almost non-existent), I also enjoy watching NHL hockey, watching my boyfriend play dek hockey, dirt-track sprint car racing, coaching our area H.S. softball team, reading and writing.
- Those who actually know me personally, know that my little sister is also an author on this site... but in interest of her protection from flaming, I shant list her penname on here. She's a phenomenal author though - nearly as good as her big sister! Hah! Anyone interested in Sirius Black / OC stories (humor / romance genre) - should contact me and I'd be happy to provide you with her penname!
Me & HP
- I'm very picky about what I like & what I don't like, when it comes to fanfiction pairings.
- Snape / OC
- Sirius / OC
- HERMIONE / SNAPE... UGGGGGGH...
- Random students / teachers (that we know) / Snape
I'm NOT a fan of the Snape/Hermione pairings - though, in all fairness, I've read some good ones! In fact, I really don't like the idea of him paired w/ students at all. Which, if you read my story, you will see that! I just can't see him feeling like he needs to sink that low - to hook up w/ a teenager. A wise author once said, "Children that age give him headaches, not erections!" LOL... He's so intelligent and mature... It just not happening - FOR ME. But yes, there are some GREAT stories out there that make me believe that it could happen! I also don't like him w/ the Mary-Sue's... OK, so you can see where this is going and, consequently, WHY I had to write my OWN story. B/C none of the rest were QUITE doing it for me.
- WOW! Hey, how about that?! It's finally finished! Kudos to all the readers / reviewers who stuck with this story for as long as it took to finish. But as I made VERY clear, I'd never finished a story before, so, needless to say, this was QUITE the acocmplishment for me! Thanks again - you've all been fantastic!
Here's a quiz that I stole from a profile of one of my readers!
1st question was missing… wonder what it was?
2. Which is your favorite Harry Potter book? Ooh… how can you choose?! HBP I think... Until July that is!
3. Which is your favorite Harry Potter movie? the 4th – but I think the 5th one will seriously rock. Someone’s gonna have to take me outside & hose me down after “Snape’s Worst Memory” – Snape in his underwear… grrrrrrr… LOL!
4. Who is your favorite HP character(s)? SNAPE!
5. What house do you prefer to be in? SLYTHERIN!
6. But what house would you think you'll be in? Gryffindor… ugh… Professor would not be happy!
7. Which ghost within Hogwarts is your favorite? Bloody Baron
8. What subject in Hogwarts do you like the best? I’d like to stare at the teacher in Potions the best… but I’m leaning toward Defense Against the Dark Arts - kinda like Criminology!
9. Who is your favorite teacher in Hogwarts? That’s a silly question… SNAPE! ... yummy...
10. Which position would you want to be in for Quidditch? Chaser!
11. Which position in Quidditch do you think fits you the most? Same, I had a good arm in softball… I was an outfielder… I could see me scoring some goals!
12. Who do you want to make friends with? My potions teacher! winks
13. If you were in Hogwarts, who would be your best buddy? Current day… probably the Weasley twins!
14. Why would he/she be your best buddy? . Because they’d just be into trouble & making me laugh ALL THE TIME!
15. Which character in the book can you relate to? Probably Ron – kinda in my friend’s shadow all the time.
16. What pet would you get? A cat, owl, toad, or rat? A cat named HARRY POTTER… I actually HAVE a cat named Harry Potter – and he GOES by “Harry Potter” – not just “Harry”, he only answers to“Harry Potter!” LOL… You should hear me calling him to come inside @ night – I often wonder what the neighbors think! LOL… "Harry Potter!!! Kitty-kitty-kitty!" LOL...
17. Do you think Snape is on Voldemort's side? That’s not just a NO, that’s a HELL NO!
18. Did you cry when Dumbledore died? No.. he was old, great, but old – it was his time to go
19. Did you cry when Sirius died? Yes – a whole box of tissues…
20. Did you cry when Cedric Diggory died? In the movie, not in the book
21. Do you like the outcome of the Half-Blood Prince? NO! I actually threw the book THROUGH my closet door after I read the scene were Snape supposedly “turned bad” & swore I wouldn’t read any more… I went & picked it up 5 minutes later hoping for him to redeem himself… alas…
22. Were the romance going on in book 6 bothering you a bit? No, however – I’d rather see Snape in a romance than all the crazy hormonal teenagers.
23. Do you often dream of yourself in Hogwarts? EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE! 23 years old & still waiting for my letter…
24. Would you freak out if you found out you had to come face-to-face to a dragon? I imagine yes.
25. Who was the first to ever beat Harry in catching the Snitch? Cedric Diggory
26. What did Hagrid give to Harry at the end of The Sorcerer's Stone? A photo album
27. Whose eyes does Harry's resemble? Lily
28. Who was crying in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom in year 6? Draco Malfoy
29. Where does Harry suspect Hagrid's wand is hidden in? His pink umbrella
30. Who created the flying keys obstacle in the Sorcerer's Stone? Flitwick
31. How many keys were there in Mad-Eye Moody's trunk? 7
32. What spell is used to give light at the end of the wand? Lumos!
33. What are the three Unforgiveable Curses? Avada Kedavra, the Cruciatus & the Imperius
34. What do the Three Unforgiveable Curses do? Crucio tortures; causing your muscles to feel as though they’re being ripped, torn and stabbed with white hot knives. One can be tortured into insanity as per Frank & Alice Longbottom, Avada Kedavra kills; instantaneously. And the Imperius allows you to control the one you are cursing.
35. Who said "To a well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."? Dumbledore!
36. Who was the werewolf that bit Remus Lupin when he was a kid? Fenrir Greyback – bastard.
37. What did Sirius and James use to use to communicate? 2 way mirrors?
38. How many brothers does Ron have? 5, Bill, Charlie, Percy, Fred & George
39. What is Ron very good at? Wizard chess?
40. What Quidditch Team does Ron like? Chudley Cannons
41. What's Harry's worst fear? Dementors
42. What is Hermione's favorite subject? Eeew… I dunno… Arithmancy?
43. What is the spell used to put out the light casted by the incanation "Lumos!"? Nox!
44. What exactly is Peeves? A poltergeist
45. What did Draco Malfoy once buy in Borgin and Burkes? The Hand of Glory, a cursed necklace & a matching vanishing cabinet identical to the one in the Room of Requirement at Hogwarts.
46. What creature petrifies the person who looks indirectly into its eyes? Basilisk
47. Where did James Potter rescue Snape when they were in Hogwarts? The Whomping Willow – those bastards. That was sneaky, low, sick & cruel.
48. Where can you buy delicious sweets in Hogsmeade? Honeyduke's
49. Where did the first DA meeting took place in? The Hog's Head. Well, the first official meeting, with the name and everything, was in the Room of Requirement
50. Where did the Order of Phoenix meetings take place? Number 12 Grimmauld Place
51. Who did Hermione Granger go to the Yule Ball with? Viktor Krum. – Goon, who looked like my least favorite roommate's ugly-ass (is ugly-ass a hyphenated word?! lol) snob of a closed-minded son of a bitch, LOL
52. What did Fred and George drink to get themselves old enough for the Triwizard Tournament? An Aging Potion
53. What other foriegn wizarding schools are joining the Triwizard Tournament? Beauxbatons and Drumstrang
54. What did Snape brew for Lupin to keep him safe from the full moon? The Wolfsbane Potion – HE’S SUCH A GOOD MAN!
55. What is Madam Pince's job in Hogwarts? Librarian
56. Who is the Quidditch referee? Madam Hooch
57. What color hair does Parvati have? Black
58. How many OWLs did Fred and George each recieved? 3?
59. What did Dobby give Harry for the second task? Gillyweed
60. Who was Barty Crouch's house-elf? Winky
61. What is Neville's best subject in Hogwarts? Herbology
62. Who did Ginny go to the Yule Ball with? Neville Longbottom
63. If you happened to discover the Mirror of Erised, what would you see in it? Probably me entangled with my potions teacher in a rather compromising position… yummy.
64. If you had a choice between a Firebolt and an Invisibility Cloak, what would you pick? As much as I’d LOVE to have a sweet-ass broomstick – I think the invisibility cloak would come in handy more often than the broom.
65. If your friend was pulled into the Whomping Willow by a black dog, would you jump in and rescue him/her? Absolutely!
66. If Sirius Black turned up in your doorstep, what would be your reaction? "HOLY SHIT! WAIT RIGHT THERE WHILE I CALL MY SISTER!” – then I’d probably slap him around a little bit for torturing my boyfriend in school… ha ha ha! Sorry Sis!
67. If you found out you could speak Parseltongue, who would you tell to (characters in the HP book)? Snape… lol
68. If you landed yourself in the same situation as Harry was in with Umbridge's detention, would you tell anyone about the marks on your hand? Yeah – Snape would put her in her place if he found out she was torturing his mistress! Ha ha ha ha!
69. Who do you want to go to the Yule Ball with? I’d go stag so I could stroll around the grounds with Snape getting rid of all of the snoggers so I could snog HIM!
70. Post a HP character that has the same hair color as you do. Er… Lexie, LOL! –No, ok – um… I can’t think of anyone who has straight up dark brown hair.
71. Post a character that has the same eye color as you. Lucius Malfoy! Ice blue!
72. What color comes into your mind when Sirius Black is mentioned? Black
73. What color comes into your mind when Tonks is mentioned? pink
74. What color comes into your mind when Ron is mentioned? Orange
75. What color comes into your mind when Hermione is mentioned? None – I don’t really care for the girl.
76. What color comes into your mind when Harry is mentioned? Red / gold
77. What color comes into your mind when Draco is mentioned? Green
78. Is this quiz getting boring and too long? nope
79. If you got hold of a bottle of Felix Felicis, what would you drink it for? (Note: it makes you lucky in everything and everything you do won't go wrong.) a well planned evening with Snape! LoL
80. Do you like the books more or the movies? Books
81. Who's your favorite out of the Marauders? Remus – I REALLY DO want to like Sirius – if he wouldn’t have been so dick to Snape – then he’d prob. Be my favorite
82. What would your Patronus take shape in? Prob. some kind of large cat… meoooooooow!
83. What would be your Animagus form? same – panther? lol
84. What subject do you want to be the best in? POTIONS! Score as many points with him as I can!
This or that:
85. Sirius Black or Remus Lupin? It WOULD HAVE been Lupin - but then I saw the actor they'd gotten to play him and was SO let down. So I'm going with Sirius.
86. Severus Snape or Sirius Black? HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO? HAVE WE NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION! SNAPE!
87. Hermione or Cho? Cho - Hermione drives me up the wall - people talk about how everyone hero-worships Harry... but i think Hermione gets way too much attention... whats the big deal? ya know?
88. James Potter or Snape? AGAIN… SNAPE! Try and stay with me here!
89. Hagrid or Snape? Whats up with everyone vs. Snape? Once more then…. SEXY SEVERUS SNAPE – HE IS MY FUTURE HUSBAND!
90. The Marauders or The Trio? The Trio I guess…
91. Ability to become Invisible or become an Animagus? Animagus - remember, I already asked for an invisibility cloak above!
92. Harry or Ron? Harry
93. Fleur or Tonks? Tonks
94. Hermione or Ginny? Ginny!
95. Cedric Diggory or Viktor Krum? Cedric
96. Luna Lovegood or Cho Chang? Luna
97. Dumbledore or Peeves the Poltergeist? Peeves – he’s a trip! Cracks me up!
98. Aragog (Hagrid's dead spider) or Grawp (Hagrid's giant brother)? uhh none, pass please
99. Zonko's Joke Shop or Honeydukes? WHY NOT BOTH?
100. Bertie Botts' Every Flavour Beans or Chocolate Frogs? Chocolate frogs! We got them @ the release of the 6th book – and they were GREAT! Even had famous witch / wizard cards in them! – mine was voldemort… go figure.
101. Death Eaters or Aurors? Aurors – with the exception of my husband (Snape for those who haven’t been paying attention during these 100 questions!) or Lucius Malfoy – cuz they’re just way too sexy.
102. Dumbledore or Voldemort? Dumbledore – alright I’ll bite… finally
103. Bellatrix Lestrange or Narcissa Malfoy? Bella - she's one tough bitch
104. Would you rather go through the first task or the third task in the Triwizard Tournament? First - I could sneak right past that dragon in my invisibility cloak that I've acquired during this survey!
105. Is this survey fun or boring? It was ok! Though, I get the impression that whoever wrote it wanted everyone to hate Snape – which is a pity. because he is FANTASTIC!
On an ending note...
"TRUST SNAPE" - There is a reason that Dumbledore (the most powerful / wise wizard of all time) trusted Snape... If we can't believe Dumbledore, who CAN we believe?!