Poll: Should I post a newly finished Christmas story now? Vote Now!
Author has written 23 stories for X-Men: Evolution, Pokémon, G-Gundam, Power Rangers, Zoids, and One Piece.
This is MagCat (or, if my mind fails and I answer a review with DarkMagCat, my LiveJournal/Youtube Channel name) with what I believe to be a much better profile page. I am 29 years old with a MA in American History living in the United States. I write pretty much anything that interests me, with a range of interests that continually expands and changes what seems everyday.. which can be a pain to keep track of when I want to actually sit down and figure out what to write.
I love to write, and I am a hopeless romantic, so many of my stories feature at least some romance, plus I am a stickler for detail, which some people say is not a good thing... I'll have to think on that...
Enjoy my stories, and if you have a request tell me and I'll see what I can do.
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkMagCat
(1) So, I've recently become aware through some of my reviews for the Pokemon fandom that I am not doing things correctly, and although I hate to do this, I believe it necessary to respond to their claims in this form.
I was told that some authors find it irritating when I give some Pokemon trainers other Pokemon that they do not have in the anime. My response is this: my trainers are older and more mature than their anime counterparts, hence they will have new Pokemon to add to their rosters. We've seen this occur with Ash, Brock, May, Dawn, etcetera, and it is not unconceivable to think that other trainers are also doing this. The Pokemon I give to other trainers are my choice.
In response to the idea that I don't follow Pokemon canon in regards to trainers' Pokemon being "shiny" I would like to say that it is my right as a writer to differentiate from canon. I am not giving the "shiny" Pokemon god-like capabilities; they are merely Pokemon with different colorings, much like how one child can be born with blue eyes when their parents have brown; their great-grandfather, on the other hand, had blue eyes. It is genetics at work, and I defend my choice. Plus, it is kind of fun to give the Pokemon different colorings, and not all Pokemon are "shiny"; just a few.
Brendan does exist in the anime; granted, there were only threes short cameos of him in the films Jirachi: Wish Maker, Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea and Giratina and the Sky Warrior (source: Bulbapedia; . And yes, I do know that he is based off Ruby from the Pokemon Adventures Manga.
In response to the claim that I don't have a Pokemon guide, I have several. I use them for reference in everything I tend to do; do you?
(2) So, apparently I jumped the gun big time and took some reviewers' words wrong. For that, I apologize. I don't usually do that, and again, I apologize for upsetting anyone. I guess I just took the intended advice the wrong way, and I felt that in order to reconcile any differences that may have popped up because of this, I would write another response.
On the question of "differently colored or shining Pokemon", I tend to change their color because I think it's fun and interesting; I do it intentionally despite the fact that there are few "shiny" Pokemon in the anime. As for the idea of writing a Pokeshipping fic., I won't lie. The idea has bounced around in my head for a long time now, but as of yet no plot's hit me. You might see one from me in the future.
Once again, I apologize if I've grievously upset anyone, and thank you for being understanding.
Updates for 2016:
November 14, 2016: ...I have a few, kind-of insubstantial excuses for never updating... and many ofthem center around my family and losses that I've suffered recently. I won't bore you with all of the details... unless you want them, then I suppose I can tell you. Anyway, Puzzling Romance is finished! My long-running look at Xander Bly and Vida Rocca from "PR Mystic Force" is now completely done, with each chapter a look at their relationship using the "Ars Amatoria" themes. To any who are still following said story please enjoy the last few chapters!
Finished Stories Archive:
1. A Night at the Bar: What happens when you mix a night of comforting a friend at a local bar, a night out on the town for some teenagers, and alcohol? Why, you can only obtain madness... and fun. ("X-Men: Evolution" fic.)
2. Blackmail City: Sequel to A Night at the Bar. What did Roberto and Rahne do with the pictures on Rahne's digital camera? Well, it all started the next day... ("X-Men: Evolution" fic.)
3. Holiday Respite: AU: When Gary Oak comes from his research trips for a brief holiday he sees that there's more to the holidays than just gifts and a respite from reality... ("Pokémon" fic.)
4. Holiday Storm: AU: When Ash Ketchum stumbles upon his former fiancee and her group of friends and her group of friends in a cave on Christmas Eve, he tries to woo his way back into her life but encounters a problem: his former rival turned best friend is now engaged to the woman of his dreams. What will happen? ("Pokémon" fic.)
5. Holiday Retreat: AU: Christmas Day in the Orange Islands was supposed to be peaceful and worry-free. However, a fight between lovers and a missing child make this holiday one full of panic, arguing, and resolutions to restore a peaceful and well-meaning Christmas Day. ("Pokémon" fic.)
6. Holiday Surprises: AU: Christmas time is here once again, and Mr. Gary Oak is looking forward to going home for the holidays. What happens when he finds himself stranded in a cave with his friend's girlfriend? ("Pokémon" fic.)
7. Stars: AU: The stars have always held a special place in both Gary and Misty's hearts. Will they bring these two together somehow? This was created for LiliNeko's Ego-Fic Contest. Hope you enjoy! ("Pokémon" fic.)
8. Confessions on Rollerblades: Oneshot. Kelsey tries to teach Ryan how to rollerblade, but nothing turns out according to plan... Ryan/Kelsey, with mentions of Chad/Marina, Carter/Dana and Joel/Angela. ("Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue" fic.)
9. Wedding Day Rhythm: On the day of Van and Fiona's wedding, everything seems like it'll go off withour a hitch. However, when things begin to go wrong, confessions will be made, battles fought, and one day will end very differently compared to how it began... ("Zoids: Chaotic Century/Guardian Force" Universe)
10. Christmas, Guardian Force Style: Christmas time has come again for our favorite Zoids pilots and those closest to them, but what does the holiday have in store for them? Only time will tell… ("Zoids: Chaotic Century/Guardian Force" universe.)
11. Reunion Madness: Oneshot. Family reunions can, at times, be absolute chaos. For Ryan Mitchell, the fact that he’d rather jump into Mariner Bay than stay a moment more says something. Will a cheerful Yellow Ranger be able to change his mind? Features Ryan/Kelsey and Carter/Dana. ("Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue" fic.)
12. Art of Giving: Oneshot. Gift-giving is an art, usually done in a way that inspires shock and awe. For two people, however, the art of how to give a gift is what worries them the most... and all of the chaos that surrounds them, of course. Features GaryxMisty and other pairs. For LiliNeko's Ego-Fic Contest. ("Pokémon" fic.)
13. Trees and Teeth: AU: When R’yn’s first infiltration assignment turns out to be more than he expected, will he succeed or, better yet, will he survive a day in the presence of an enthusiastic human girl who decides to make him her new best friend? Ryan/Kelsey. ("Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue" fic.)
14. 3 Days: AU: Paul Andreas took his life for granted; everything he had he deserved. Then, when one night sends his life into chaos, will he use the chance given to him to change it for the better? Ikarishipping, Egoshipping and others. ("Pokémon" fic.)
15. Home for the Holidays: While heading home from a conference on Pummelo Island in the Orange Islands for the home for the holidays, Misty runs into some trouble and ends up in a life-threatening situation. Will she make it home in time or will things go pear-shaped for the Water-type trainer? Egoshipping and Dualrivalshipping. Rating for language. ("Pokémon" fic.)
16. Puzzling Romance: My shot at the Ars Amatoria Challenge: A look at the intense, sizzling, and sometimes puzzling relationship between Xander and Vida from PRMF. Rating for language use. ("Power Rangers Mystic Force" fic.)
In-Progress Story Archive:
1. Unification: AU: Everyone thought Apocalypse was defeated once and for all. Wrong. When Apocalypse begins a new reign of assault, it's up to 4 Gods and Goddesses to save the world once and for all. ("X-Men: Evolution" fic., also my longest running story)
2. Falling in Love is Sometimes Unexpected...: AU: When Gary Oak finds a young woman, he becomes involved in a nefarious plot by an organization to rule the world. Along the way, truths will be revealed, emotions and feelings expressed, and betrayals seen, throwing all that Gary knows into chaos... ("Pokémon" fic.)
3. Lives after a Wedding: When Chibodee Crockett and his crewmember Shirley wake up together in bed after celebrating a Shuffle Alliance member's wedding, they discover they're ten years into the future and have two children, hijinks will ensue! Did I mention the Dark Gundam has returned and is looking for another host? ("G Gundam" universe)
4. The Father I Never Knew: AU, 6 years post-Guardian Force. General Ian Kruger considered himself immune to surprises… then came the revelation that he has a son by a woman he thought dead years before. In fact, he knows him… and the mercenary he became. Pairings: Irvine/Moonbay, Van/Fiona, Raven/Ryss, Thomas/Rosa, Rosso/Viola, Karl/Maria, Rudolph/Maryanne, and others. ("Zoids: Chaotic Century/Guardian Force" universe)
5. Sticks and Stones, Band-Aids and a Dash of Lemon for Flavor: AU, a collection of short stories and prompts: Whether they’re pillaging, plundering or just plain old sailing, the various pirate crews find themselves getting themselves involved in adventure after adventure. Where are they heading next? Only the Grandline knows… ("One Piece" fic.)
Ninety-five percent of the kids out there are concerned with being popular and fitting in. If you're part of the five percent who aren't, copy this, put it in your profile, and add your name to the list. AnimeKittyCafe, Hyperactivley Bored, Gem W, Bara-Minamino, Yavie Aelinel, Crazy Billie Joe Loving Freak, Shadow929,SweetNCrazieSugarmuffin,The Komodo Dragon Phoenix,Bust_A_Groover, Tecna, Novemberscorpion110388, TrueWinolo, MagCat