Author has written 11 stories for Harry Potter, X-Men: The Movie, Strike Back, and Teen Wolf.
Okay, I'm gonna keep this short and simple.
Me: 23-year-old general layabout. British. Atheist. Ex-Psychology student, although don't read too much into that; I was pretty rubbish at it. Likes books, movies, music, and the colour purple. I've only ever wanted to be a writer, except for that (thankfully) brief period where I wanted to be a dentist, and a lack of talent at basically anything else has only enforced this dream. I'm funny only if you give me a head-start, otherwise I'm generally just socially awkward (but who isn't these days?). Partial to brightly-coloured alcoholic drinks and the 80s, which says a distressing amount about my social life. I'm far too cynical for my own good, and I use polysyllabic words where a much simpler one would have done, because I have a pretty good vocabulary and I like to use it, damn it!
Fandoms: In vaguely chronological order - Harry Potter, Stargate Atlantis, Good Omens, Supernatural, Merlin, Doctor Who, Sherlock (BBC), Psych, Bandom plus several short-lived dalliances with other RPF fandoms, Discworld, Glee, and then there's a brief period where I flitted about from mostly forgettable fandoms ... Right now I'm kind of rolling around in the Marvel movie 'verse, because it's awesome :)
My ficcage: My writing is kind of like an iceberg, in that you'll only ever seen 10% of it. The other 90% is, to put it bluntly, a load of crap. I'm not being modest; the majority of my work is self-indulgent (just like this bio ...), angsty wish fulfillment written when I was in my early teens and thought I knew all about life. Now that I'm much more mature and self-aware, my writing is full of neuroses, cynicism and painful attempts at humour, which is much more socially acceptable, so all's well there.
(Despite this, I have this overwhelming fondness for every word I've ever written, like those parents whose children are fucking adorable but not too bright and keep walking into things because they're busy contemplating the mysteries of the colour orange. So I've saved most of what I've written, for better or for worse, even if none of it ever sees the light of day again).
Harry Potter was the biggest influence on my adolescence - I've been a fan for like, eleven years now - and as such, that's mostly what I write, fanfic-wise. The brief foray into XMFC was a complete anomaly, because I a) never expected to want to write for it, and b) never actually expected to finish what I'd written. I can procrastinate like nobody's business, y'all. To be honest, I blame aliens. Or quantum. That's always a theory, with the added advantage that people don't look at you like you're crazy when you say it; they generally just look politely puzzled.
Aaaand I've gone off on a tangent. Again. I think this is a good time to stop talking ... typing. Whatever.
Unsafe External Link