Author has written 15 stories for Baldur's Gate, Star Wars, Valdemar universe, Neverwinter Nights, Forgotten Realms, and Mass Effect.
When writing is going well, it’s like reaching up and pulling fire down from heaven. It’s better than any dope you can buy. When it’s not going well, it’s much like giving birth to a baby elephant.
- David Eddings, The Rivan Codex
Back after a 5 year hiatus and getting back in the groove.
David Eddings – Just about anything he writes, although the Belgariad and the Malloreon series are my favorites. Reading his books is, for me, like sitting by a fire chatting with old friends.
Tolkien – Tried to read LOTR when I was twelve, got bogged down, put it away and didn’t pick it back up again until last year. Now I am just in awe; the man was an unparalleled wordsmith, able to harness the English language in ways that mere mortals can only dream of imitating.
C.S. Lewis – Another wordsmith, and a friend of Tolkien. The Chronicles of Narnia is great, but if you really want to see the English language at its finest, read The Screwtape Letters. Then, after you have read it, go find the audiobook version (unabridged, please) read by John Cleese.
Gael Baudino – The Dragonsword trilogy and Gossamer Axe are not your standard fantasy fare, but they are well written and the themes of friendship and caring are woven beautifully throughout.
Dean Koontz – He’s generally classified as a horror writer, but his stories really defy genre descriptions. As with most of the authors I like, his stories tend to center on groups of people who care about each other. Koontz generally pits them against shadowy government agencies and scientific discoveries gone awry. Start with Strangers, then Watchers. Then just keep going.
Project Status Reports:Due to time limitations, I'll be limiting my focus, working to complete a few of the current WIP's & suspending the rest indefinitely.
Baldur's Gate/Forgotten Realms Stories
- The Jessime StoriesWhat Matters The Most
- In Progress - My novelization of BG2: SoA. Currently in the process of being edited & reposted, and will be the focus of my main effortsThings That Go Boom In The Night
- Complete - A Jess & Co. short story set in the BG1 timeline.
-The Drow TrilogyThe Moonless Night
- Complete - Initially written as a companion piece to WMTM, it inspired a sequel & prequel, but can still serve as background for the character of Solaufein in WMTM
- In Progress - Sequel to 'Moonless Night', and definitely in a different universe from WMTM as Solaufein & Phaere deal with the consequences of their loveThe Paladin and The Drow
In Progress - A prequel of sorts, focusing on Solaufein's mother, Amaleari, and how she got the book of surfacer poems that she passed to her son
- Other Baldur's Gate StoriesIt Just Won't Quit - CompleteSand and Water- CompleteTwo Souls- SuspendedLaw & Order: Forgotten Realms Unit - Suspended
Ananke Adrasteia (12)
Capt. Incredible (6)
Dominique Sotto (12)
Faithless Shadow (2)