Poll: Which story should Icicle update next? Vote Now!
Author has written 33 stories for Harry Potter, Queer as Folk, and Glee.
Disclaimer: I don't own any part of the HP fandom, QAF fandom, Glee fandom or any other fandom that I have mentioned on this site. I only write for enjoyment purposes. No money is being made at all. Please don't sue me. Trust me, I don't have any money for you to take.
Hello potential new friends!
I've been part of the Harry Potter fandom for a long time. Unfortunately, I spent a lot of time away from fandom, but over the last year or so I find myself engrossed in the HP fandom again. My favourite character is Draco Malfoy, and I'll always have a soft spot for him as well as all the other Slytherins, no matter how much Ms. Rowling chooses to ignore them. Recently, I've also started writing fic in other fandoms.
age: I'm in my early 20s, but some days I still feel like a moody, angsty teenager
current fandoms: Harry Potter, QAF, Sherlock, Merlin, Glee, The Hunger Games, The Big Bang Theory, House MD
hates: mornings, Mondays, reaching the bottom of a coffee cup, when people take the time to fav a story but can't take the 30 seconds longer it would take to also leave a simple review, Sparkly Vampires (I like my Vampires to kill people as savagely as possible and without any remorse), Cuddly Werewolves and Magical Creatures (same reason as above but Remus Lupin is an exception), a blatant disregard for grammar or using textspeak in fics (I make grammatical errors just like everyone else but at least make an effort), stories and fics written in present tense unless the author does it well (there are a few authors, especially in the HP fandom that use present tense brilliantly and have forced me to reconsider), all things Twilight, reality tv, reaching the end of a fabulous book or television series
likes: reading, writing, getting reviews and comments, crack!fics, slash, femmeslash, bad horror films, seeing potential slash in every book I read or tv series I watch, caffeine, cacti, adventures, summer rain, snow days, Saturdays, mini marshmellows, people watching and mentally sorting each person I meet into a Hogwarts house
ships: Harry Potter -- Harry/Draco (OTP), Draco/Neville, Ron/Draco, Draco/Blaise, Harry/Luna, Draco/Hermione, Draco/Luna, Severus/Lily, Pansy/Hermione, Ginny/Pansy, Draco/Pansy, Harry/Charlie, Pansy/Daphne, Draco/Charlie, Draco/Snape, Ginny/Luna, Albus Severus/Scorpius, Harry/Hermione, Lucius/James
My Draco is a filthy, little whore. ; )
Sherlock -- John/Sherlock, Mycroft/Greg
Merlin-- Merlin/Arthur, Gwen/Morgana
Glee -- Kurt/Blaine, Santana/Brittany
The Hunger Games -- Katniss/Gale, Gale/Finnick
QAF -- Brian/Justin, Lindsay/Mel
BTVS/Angel-- Buffy/Faith, Buffy/Spike, Willow/Tara
House MD-- House/Cuddy, House/Cameron, House/Wilson
FANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
1. My main fandom is Harry Potter. I grew up reading the books, and I don't think another book series will ever replace it. In my eyes, J.K. Rowling is a Goddess.
2. My OTP of all fandoms is Harry/Draco, but Draco/Hermione was the first fanfic pairing I ever read, so it holds a special place in my heart. I love writing both pairings and enjoy many pairings as you can see from the list above. Eventually, I'd like to write at least one fic for each pairing I enjoy.
3. A newly discovered fandom of mine is QAF. I can't believe that I missed out on so many years of delicious, hot boy love until this year! *bangs head on desk*
4. My fav QAF pairing is Brian/Justin. There's just something about a brunet/blond pairing that drives me insane, and those two together just defy all boundaries of hotness. Trust me, I love these two boys so much that they are almost bordering on Harry/Draco territory, which is insane because I never thought I would love another pairing even half as much. I blame Gale Harold.
5. I'm a sucker for long, angsty fics. I have no idea why, but I like to see my boys tortured. I think it's because in real life love is never easy, and anything that is worth it is really fucking hard. A happy ending is always preferred though. = )
6. I also love ridiculous, humorous and bordering on crackish fics--as long as they are written well. Sometimes, you just want to laugh, and I'm pretty easily amused. A snarky, witty, and slightly insane Draco is my headcanon. I also have a kink for boys with long hair.
7. I believe homophobia and prejudice or discrimination of any kind are serious hate crimes. Most of my fics will include at least one LGBT character. If that bothers you, don't read my work and please learn to be more tolerant in the future.
In the words of the brilliant Brian Kinney, "I'm queer! And to anyone who takes pity or offense. I say judge yourself! This is who I am."
8. I have several New Year's resolutions, but my resolutions for fandom are that no matter what, Iwill review every single story I read. I'm usually pretty good about this and review 90-95% of the time, but sometimes if a story is old or if I read it on my e-reader, then I don't review. From now on, however, I will make sure to review all stories no matter how old they are or where I read them. As a writer, I know how frustrating it is to have thousands of hits on a story and barely any reviews, so I will not do the same to fellow writers. Although it's lovely when people fav a story, it's just not the same thing as a couple of nice words. Just remember that as writers, reviews are the only form of compensation we get, so you should consider making a similar New Year's resolution because I know we are all guilty of not reviewing from time to time.
9. I'm kind of comma obsessed and tend to write in long, flowing sentences. I'm working on cutting back on commas. It's an ongoing process.
Please don't judge my writing or the quality of my fics based on my earlier stories. If you notice, those fics were written in 2001 and early 2002. That's a long time ago! I was really young when I wrote those stories, so I believe that my writing has improved significantly since then. However, I refuse to take them down because they remind me of how far I have come as a writer. Obviously, I'm still learning and hope to continue improving as a writer, but I think it's important to keep your past work—no matter how terrible—in order to remind yourself that there's always room for improvement.
Fic Progess and News * * * * Last Updated OCT 2012
I promise that my WIP fics aren't abandoned. Some real life issues smacked me in the face all summer and I lost my motivation for writing. However, I'm back in the writing kick (a few new fests) and will be updating my WIPs soon and posting some revealed fest fics that I never shared.
LINKS OF INTEREST
I am no longer posting fics unless they are sitting on my computer completed or I have quite a few chapters written. That way, I won't run into the same problem as FD and From the Desk. I hate making people wait so long between updates. So far, I have stuck to this policy. Those two fics, however, are not going to be regularly updated. However, I do promise that they will be finished eventually.
Sometimes, ff.net is unreliable and I know myself as well as others have not been receiving their email alerts. Therefore, I have created a yahoo group where I will ALWAYS notify readers when I post new chapters and fics. I recommend joining it as you never know when ff.net will have issues. Also, you don't need a yahoo email to join. You can also log in with google or facebook.
Since links were disabled, here's the address of my live journal. You can contact me by PM or on lj because I spend a lot of time over there.
I don't really save a lot of favs or recs on this site as I barely read fics on my comp and do most of my fic reading on livejournal. Feel free to browse my delicious bookmarks if you want some recs. They consist of mostly Harry/Draco, femmeslash, Draco/Neville, Ron/Draco and Draco/Luna
4. Check out my Betas' Stories Ashii Black and Sonnyisforlovers
My betas Ashiiblack and Sonnyisforlovers are fantastic writers that are quite active in the H/D fandom. Ashii also writes some wonderful Snarry stories.
Ashiiblack-- http://www.fanfiction.net/u/299068/Ashii_Black (Harry/Draco and Harry/Snape)
Sonnyisforlovers-- http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1429872/sonnyisforlovers (Harry/Draco and Kirk/Spock)
6. The adorable H/D art in my profile pic is by Shimun123. Check out her other art.
|Community:||Epistolary HP fics of all varieties and pairings (slash and het included)|
|Focus:||Books Harry Potter|