Poll: Which story should Icicle update next? Vote Now!
Author has written 38 stories for Harry Potter, Queer as Folk, and Glee.
Disclaimer: I don't own any part of the HP fandom, QAF fandom, Glee fandom or any other fandom that I have mentioned on this site. I only write for enjoyment purposes. No money is being made at all. Please don't sue me. Trust me, I don't have any money for you to take.
Hello potential new friends!
I've been in love with the Harry Potter fandom since I first read book one as a child. My favourite character is Draco Malfoy, and I'll always have a soft spot for him as well as all the other Slytherins.
I write almost exclusively in the HP fandom, but I read fic and follow many other fandoms too.
I'm a friendly person, so if you have any questions about any of my stories or even have prompt requests, feel free to pm me. I will do my best to respond in a timely manner. You can also find me on tumblr and livejournal where my username is icicle33.
Recently, I've also started writing fic in other fandoms. I will be sharing them soon. I hope.
age: I'm in my 20s
current fandoms: Harry Potter, QAF, Sherlock, Merlin, Doctor Who, Smallville, DCU, House MD, Arrow, Flash, TWD, Lost Girl, Orphan Black
likes: reading, writing, getting reviews and comments, crack!fics, slash, femmeslash, seeing potential slash in every book I read or tv series I watch, caffeine, cacti, adventures, snow days, Saturdays, people watching and mentally sorting each person I meet into a Hogwarts house
ships: Harry Potter -- Harry/Draco (OTP), Draco/Neville, Ron/Draco, Draco/Blaise, Harry/Luna, Draco/Hermione, Draco/Luna, Severus/Lily, Pansy/Hermione, Ginny/Pansy, Draco/Pansy, Harry/Charlie, Pansy/Daphne, Draco/Charlie, Draco/Snape, Ginny/Luna, Albus Severus/Scorpius, Harry/Hermione, Lucius/James
My Draco is a filthy, little whore. ; )
Sherlock -- John/Sherlock, Mycroft/Greg
Merlin-- Merlin/Arthur, Gwen/Morgana
QAF -- Brian/Justin, Lindsay/Mel
BTVS/Angel-- Buffy/Faith, Buffy/Spike, Willow/Tara
House MD-- House/Cuddy, House/Cameron, House/Wilson
Smallville- Lois/Clark, Chloe/Oliver, Clark/Lex never Clana
Arrow- Felicity/Oliver, Sara/Any female, Oliver/Barry
Flash- Felicity/Barry, Caitlin/Julian, Barry/Julian
FANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
1. My main fandom is Harry Potter. I grew up reading the books, and I don't think another book series will ever replace it. In my eyes, J.K. Rowling is a Goddess.
2. My OTP of all fandoms is Harry/Draco, but Draco/Hermione was the first fanfic pairing I ever read, so it holds a special place in my heart. I love writing both pairings and enjoy many pairings as you can see from the list above. Eventually, I'd like to write at least one fic for each pairing I enjoy.
3. A newly discovered fandom of mine is QAF. I can't believe that I missed out on so many years of delicious, hot boy love until this year! *bangs head on desk* If you're a Harry/Draco fan, I highly recommend you check out QAF. Here's a short clip of Brian/Justin kissing scenes. If you like what you see, the whole series of QAF is available on Netflix.
4. My fav QAF pairing is Brian/Justin. There's just something about a brunet/blond pairing that drives me insane, and those two together just all boundaries of hotness. Trust me, I love these two boys so much that they are almost bordering on Harry/Draco territory, which is insane because I never thought I would love another pairing even half as much. I blame Gale Harold.
5. I'm a sucker for long, angsty fics. I have no idea why, but I like to see my boys tortured. I think it's because in real life love is never easy, and anything that is worth it is really fucking hard. A happy ending is always preferred though. = )
6. I also love ridiculous, humorous and bordering on crackish fics--as long as they are written well. Sometimes, you just want to laugh, and I'm pretty easily amused. A snarky, witty, and slightly insane Draco is my headcanon. I also have a kink for boys with long hair.
7. I believe homophobia and prejudice or discrimination of any kind are serious hate crimes. Most of my fics will include at least one LGBT character. If that bothers you, don't read my work and please learn to be more tolerant in the future.
In the words of the brilliant Brian Kinney, "I'm queer! And to anyone who takes pity or offense. I say judge yourself! This is who I am."
8. I have several New Year's resolutions, but my resolutions for fandom are that no matter what, I will review every single story I read. I'm usually pretty good about this and review 90-95% of the time, but sometimes if a story is old or if I read it on my e-reader, then I don't review. From now on, however, I will make sure to review all stories no matter how old they are or where I read them. As a writer, I know how frustrating it is to have thousands of hits on a story and barely any reviews, so I will not do the same to fellow writers. Although it's lovely when people fav a story, it's just not the same thing as a couple of nice words. Just remember that as writers, reviews are the only form of compensation we get, so you should consider making a similar New Year's resolution because I know we are all guilty of not reviewing from time to time.
9. I'm kind of comma obsessed and tend to write in long, flowing sentences. I'm working on cutting back on commas. It's an ongoing process.
LINKS OF INTEREST
|Community:||Epistolary HP fics of all varieties and pairings (slash and het included)|
|Focus:||Books Harry Potter|