Author has written 6 stories for Harry Potter, and Cyberchase.
Hello. Okay so I am a new writer on this site and I am mainly in the Harry Potter fandom right now, so I’m going to talk favorite characters and favorite relationships (both platonic and romantic) that you can expect to see in my works. So let’s begin with characters, I’m going to list my top 10 female characters and top 10 male characters (including creatures).
Top 10 MALE characters:
1. Harry Potter: Wow I feel a bit clichéd but I love Harry. He is totally the underdog superhero who ends up saving the whole entire world but more than that, he is relatable and you can totally empathise with him in a lot of situations such as fifth year when nobody believes in him.
2. Sirius Black: I do not care if he was a bully in his school years. He broke out of Azkaban and lived off rats because he was worried about his godson, that is true dedication and love. I was mad that JKR killed him off.
3. Remus Lupin: He was awesome – who cares if he was a werewolf? Harry found it easy to talk to him even before he knew he was his father’s best friend. JKR ruined a chance to develop this bond between the two which annoys me.
4. Hagrid: He was the person to not only rescue Harry from the Dursleys but look out for him and become Harry’s first true friend. *ducks tomatoes* Guys! Take it easy! This is not to take away from Ron but I believe Harry’s first real friend will always be Hagrid.
5. Ron Weasley: But like I said, not to take away from Ron who became Harry’s best friend and stood by him through nearly everything. Yes, he had some jealousy issues but he always came back and it made him relatable anyway.
6. Neville Longbottom: I love his development and think JKR did the best with developing this character from the shy, forgetful boy to a true Gryffindor war hero, his development was amazing and I honestly feel his parents would be proud.
7. Severus Snape: I’ve gone from hating this character to liking him to realizing I like the character but not the person. He made a lot of mistakes and hurt the woman he loved but he made the right choice in the end.
8. Dobby: I adore Dobby. He is what you call a true friend. He promised to never save Harry’s life again and he broke the promise, risking his own to save Harry and his friends.
9. Draco Malfoy: He’s a bully but I felt he was just taught wrong and could have learnt to become a better person but was never really given the chance to so I like writing what-if scenarios with him.
10. Dudley Dursley: Hear me out. Yes, like Draco, he was a bully but he was a better person than both his idiot parents combined by coming out and almost apologizing to Harry. It was big of him given who his parents are.
Top 10 FEMALE characters:
1. Luna Lovegood: You saw this coming a mile away didn’t you? But I love her. She is clearly the nicest character. She doesn’t judge anybody, she has her own odd quirks and most of all, she’s downright defiant when she wants to be. I firmly believe that she was tortured at Malfoy Manor and she is always there for her friends and kept fighting till the end.
2. Hermione Granger: I honestly think she’s brilliant. She always stood by Harry even though she was in a lot of danger herself for being Muggleborn. She was loyal, smart, capable, yes a tad bossy at times and nagging but she did mean well. I honestly feel SPEW was wonderful for her to do for the house elves.
3. Lily Evans nee Potter: I think the best mother is one who will give her life for her son so he can live. She is truly amazing and everyone speaks about her kindness and the way Snape risked everything for her says a lot.
4. Nymphadora Tonks: I love Tonks. I think JKR slaughtered her character HBP and DH, but I ignore that because she managed to get through to Remus’s thick head that it was okay for him to have his furry little problem.
5. Narcissa Malfoy: She may not be the perfect figurine of motherhood but she also risked everything to try and protect her son after she made the wrong choices.
6. Alice Longbottom: The reason she is so low on my list is we don’t know much about her but the reason she’s on it because she risked her sanity to protect her son. So did Frank but there are more male characters that are good so he couldn’t fit in there.
7. Minerva Mcgonagall: I honestly think she’s awesome. She never stops fighting until the end and the way she stood her ground in the Battle of Hogwarts was amazing.
8. Fleur Delacour: I also liked how she didn’t take crap from anyone and was the only girl in the Triwizard Tournament. You go girl.
9. Astoria Greengrass: I know we don’t know anything about her but I always got the feeling that she pulled Draco away from the Dark Arts or at least helped.
10. Bellatrix Lestrange: She’s the most evil woman you could meet. But without her, Voldemort would not be so scary so for his most loyal follower, I give kudos.
Okay, so time for favorite platonic relationships, I like going in 10s so we’ll start there:
1. Harry Potter & Sirius Black: I love the relationship shown between the two of them and wish JKR had done more. I found it a bit annoying that Harry didn’t stand up for Sirius in Book 5 with Molly questioning his parenting skills or that JKR was trying to downplay the Harry-Sirius relationship.
2. Harry Potter & Remus Lupin: Another opportunity JKR threw out there and later forgot about. Their relationship was only written well in the third book and later abandoned/forgotten. It’s like JKR feared that if Harry developed closer bonds with Remus and Sirius, his bond with the Weasleys would get ignored.
3. Harry Potter & Rubeus Hagrid: The one relationship that was actually done well by JKR. She began it with Hagrid rescuing Harry to leading it to a friendship that was beautiful, not just with Harry but all the trio.
4. Harry Potter, Ron Weasley & Hermione Granger: I love the trio’s friendship, how they’ll stick by each other through thick and thin, no matter how tough things get.
5. James Potter, Sirius Black & Remus Lupin: Becoming friends with a werewolf and going so far as to become Animagi to help him was extremely kindhearted and showed how close knit these three remained with both Remus & Sirius attempting to be there for Harry.
6. Severus Snape & Lily Evans: I love the fact that they were childhood friends even if Snape screwed up badly, he died protecting her son and she changed his life.
7. Severus Snape & Harry Potter: The relationship that could have become something had Harry found out about Snape’s true loyalties earlier, I believe Harry would have tried to reach out for him.
8. Severus Snape & Draco Malfoy: It’s obvious these two were close but I would have liked to see something more with the two, something more emotional.
9. Harry Potter & Neville Longbottom: They were friends from the start and Harry was always kind to him and kept his friend’s secret, never letting his friends know.
10. Neville Longbottom & Luna Lovegood: He was always nice to her and she encouraged him. I see them like siblings though.
Now, let’s get to the romance: -
1. Harry Potter / Luna Lovegood: I love this pair. It’s my OTP. They’re got completely the same person but have a lot of similarities and enough differences to keep it going. Luna understands Harry and Harry really appreciates what she does for him.
2. Ron Weasley / Hermione Granger: I’ll admit I’m not thrilled with the way JKR wrote their romance but the build up was wonderful and if she wrote Ron a little better and had both he and Hermione help each other through their insecurities it would be a lot better.
3. James Potter / Lily Evans: How can anybody ship Snape/Lily above these two? I mean, Harry kinda wouldn’t exist. Plus, opposites attract right? These two are adorable together.
4. Remus Lupin / Sirius Black: I honestly thought these two would be together and the brother thing was more of the fact that Harry was in the same room and anything more was inappropriate. I honestly think they would be adorable together and while I don’t mind Remus / Tonks, I think the only way it could have happened was if Sirius was dead.
5. Remus Lupin / Nymphadora Tonks: In my headcanon, Sirius dies and Remus misses his old boyfriend/friend and Tonks wishes she got to spend more time with him. This brings them closer and the two fall in love trying to comfort one another.
6. Severus Snape / Lily Evans: I love this as one-sided love because Lily being Snape’s friend changed his life in the long run. She saved his soul in the end despite being dead.
7. Severus Snape / Narcissa Malfoy: Narcissa deserves better than Lucius. Severus needs to move on so in my headcanon these two have a one-night stand which leads to my own OC character, Lila Vivien Snape.
8. Neville Longbottom / Ginny Weasley: This couple may seem weird as I like Neville quite a bit but Ginny not so much but I feel Neville brings out the best in Ginny. He shows a nicer side in her like when she defends him after he calls himself a nobody rather than her normal bullying attitude we see in HBP.
9. Neville Longbottom / Hermione Granger: If Ron and Hermione don’t end up together, I would have liked these two. Neville did ask her to the Yule Ball and Hermione is always very kind to him. It would just be adorable.
10. Ron Weasley / Lila Vivien Snape: Yes, I know OC/Canon pairings don’t count but she’s become almost real to me and I’ve been RPing these two. They’re so adorable.
96 Normal 0 false false false EN-US ZH-CN AR-SA
Honorable mention to: Draco/Astoria. I look forward to seeing how it will work.