Author has written 14 stories for Harry Potter, and Batman Begins/Dark Knight.
Harmonious Cannons passed on to the next great adventure, late on the 21/9/16 in a road accident. I would like to convey his thanks to all those who read, or as he would have said, tolerated, his stories. He will be missed.
General rules all of us on this account follow:
1)Pairings will always be Harmony. Always. No exception. There are some users who regularly comment on H/Hr stories about how it is disgusting given that "he sees her as his sister". Those two books killed the series for us, even the end of OotP, because Sirius dies. Anyway, so, A) Harry doesn't see her as his sister. Sisters are irritating people who will mercilessly tease you, destroy mental peace, cause untold agony by just being generally irksome, and yet if the time comes, stand against the world with you. The difference between a sister and a not-sister is in the first three actions. In other words, Hermione falls squarely in the not-sister bracket. That's sister v/s not-sister simplified. B) Most of the aforementioned users who find the Harmony ship "disgusting" are often Lannister fans in the GoT Universe. Enough said.
2)We sincerely think the Death Eaters are filthy creatures, and they are killed or debased or degraded or...you get the point. That's because they are less than human. Admittedly, it has more to do with vicarious vigilantism. They are terrorists, and since we aren't soldiers, or couldn't get in (the oldest of us failed a primary physical), it gives the same sort of vicarious pleasure that killing terrorists in video games, which is as close as we can hope to get. That was the only reason to choose HP.
3) The Marauders are heroic figures, ergo, they don't die in our stories.
4) We don't write slash. The reason is simple: There is always a danger of slipping up and making an unintentional derogatory comment or reference. There are mentions of it, but not a primary pairing. Nothing against slash, but objectivity about the ability to write it in a not-cringeworthy manner dictates that we don't.
5) Football references are to be found in plenty (not a rule, but we do love the game).
Disclaimer: At least one Malfoy is routinely harmed during the making of these stories, and therefore Mary/Gary Sue-iness regarding those characters 'if reformed' doesn't ensue, nor does it enthuse the writers. The world and all known characters are owned by JKR, we are just playing games of chance. All views and beliefs that can be ascribed to the writers are their own and we do not take responsibility of the s...oh, sorry, we do. So you will never find a DM/any living thing, SS/ any living thing (unless as a joke), or any Death Eater/any living thing pairing. Lestranges and Malfoys are married couples. A Death Eater breeding is disgusting.
We will soon be expanding to Sherlock, once the current batch of stories is complete.
Story -- Writer Writing (W)/Continuing (C) Story Status IP/C
1) Put into Lifetime Detention by Death -- MumbaiGirl1 (No Separate Account) HCS C IP (Story has mostly out-of-Hogwarts incidents, engineered by Harry and moderated by Sirius. Cliche/Crack/Parody warnings.)
2) The Wish of The Master of Death -- The AU No-Bashing Writer Alive (Separate Account) HCS C IP (Set in Marauders' era. MoD! Moderately invincible Hermione! Time Travelling Moody and Remus! Evanses and Potters versus Super-Voldemort. Horror toned down to keep within rating limits.)
3) Prophetic Intervention -- The Kop-Who-Scoused (No Separate Account) HCS CONT Complete (AU Where competent adults of questionable maturity do the job before the kids come along. Heavy Snape bashing.)
4) One Shot Compilation -- Various
5) The Godfather -- ADOPTED BY k3sava https : / / www . fanfiction . net / u / 1839808 / k3sava
6)The True Story -- Tropical Penguin (No separate account, YET) HCS CONT IP (The alternative real story inspired by other YATS like The Potter-Granger Manifesto)
7) The Great Manipulator -- The Kop-Who-Scoused OS W IP (Politically active Harry without 'Lords', and bashing.)
8) The Marauders' Tuition -- The AU No-Bashing Writer Alive HCS CONT IP (Where Sirius finds his godson being too serious.)
9) Dominoes -- The Kop-Who-Scoused OS W C (The obligatory Draco is a Male Veela with Hermione as his mate story.)
10) Padma Patil and the felling of Fenrir Greyback -- All together. Festival fic. Complete.
11) Sweet my Child -- MumbaiGirl1 OS New story will be continued post Put into...
HCS: Harmonious Cannon's story
IP/C: In Progress/Complete
I (MumbaiGirl1) recently read this somewhere. It actually puts into words why I loathe Snape, the overly and wrongly romanticised character that far too many people love because it was played by Alan Rickman.
It was a Tumblr post at furiosaswan(dot)tumbler(dot)com, and I will admit I have not reposted it with permission since I do not have an account there.
We all accept the following to be true, right?
We’re good so far, yeah? If you saw someone doing those things in real life, you’d stop them or call the cops, right? I just want to make sure we’re all on the same page here. Morally, those things are wrong (and illegal). So, moving out of hypothetical moral discourse and into the realm of things Snape actually did in the Harry Potter books and/or movies:
I want to address this last point before I move on. Now, you can argue that the cost of a few lives for Snape to get close to Voldemort and help carry out Dumbledore’s grand plan for the war was worth it - and if that was the only crime that Snape had committed, I might be persuaded to see him as morally grey; you might be able to convince me that he was only being a vile person because he had to be. But if you look at the rest of this list, you’ll realise that really, Snape deeply enjoyed being a vile person.
So now you see that Snape was terrible to Harry, Hermione, Neville, and even Lily just because he enjoyed doing it, and you see that he did much worse to complete strangers who had committed no crime.
And that’s just the short list.
Great, now let’s talk about why Snily is one of the worst ships that anyone could ever ship.
Snape did not love Lily. You don’t call someone you love a racial slur. You don’t insist that the person you love choose you over her other friends. If the person you love has a son she gave her life for, you don’t treat him badly just because you feel like it.
Yes, even if that love is unrequited.
What Snape felt for Lily was not love; it was possessiveness. He wanted her to be his. He wanted her to leave James for him. He wanted her to pick sides for him. He wanted to hold her close and smother her and never let her go. Snape didn’t love Lily; he loved himself. He was a narcissistic, bitter, emotionally abusive creep who couldn’t deal with the fact that his first crush ended up marrying someone else.
“But wait!” you say, white-knuckling your desk and probably wishing you had a wand to hex me with for saying such things about your baby. “He had an abusive childhood! He was lonely! He was sad! He was greasy and no one loved him! Doesn’t that excuse everything?”
Keep your shirt on. No, it doesn’t excuse anything.
People are responsible for their own actions. Tom Riddle’s dad didn’t love him either, and does that excuse him committing genocide? No? So why should Snape’s acne problem excuse him participating in genocide and attempting to make his supposed “true love“‘s child into someone just as bitter and miserable as he was? Look, Snape wasn’t just a little creepy. He was a murderer. He was as abusive as Dolores Umbridge. He was as self-centered as Voldemort. Harry was abused as a child, and he didn’t turn out to be a complete monster, so why does Snape get a free pass?
Romanticisting Snape is not only incredibly stupid and short-sighted, it’s dangerous. Putting men like this into fiction and presenting them as “good guys” or morally grey or brave or deserving of sympathy encourages the boys who read these books to behave like Snape, and it encourages the straight girls/gay boys who read these books to accept the existence of these men in real life and to want to date them. Which you don’t ever, ever want to do.
If you ever meet a Snape in real life, run the other way, and don’t give him your sympathy.
tl;dr Having a sad backstory does not automatically make you sympathetic. Doing one good thing does not automatically make you a beacon of bravery and justice. Fuck you, Snivellus.
I will add that this sort of Snape-love is at the cost of the Marauders. Not all pranksters are bullies. Not all victims are truly so. Snape was a person who cast dark cutting hexes with a view to murder at the age of fifteen or sixteen - just a few months before the supposed murder attempt by Sirius when he sent the Death Eater after Moony. We also never see any memory of the Marauders through any eyes but his. What does that tell you?