Author has written 5 stories for Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, and Pokémon.
My name is Alicia (okay, not really, but I like the sound of it), but you can call me whatever you prefer - let it be Alice, Aly or Al.
You can PM me if you would like to ask about my stories or if you are simply in need of some company.
I have been writing fanfiction for many years now - under different names and sites, even in different languages. Yes, English is not my first language - so, beware. Probably my stories will have some mistakes, smaller and bigger ones as well, but I do tend to look out for them and my English is far from bad (at least I was told that by many, so I hope it's true).
Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw (though it was a hatstall between Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff)
Ilvermorny House: Thunderbird
Pet: tawny owl (named: Buttercup)
Patronus: puli dog
Wand: hornbeam wood with a dragon heartstring core, 13" and surprisingly swishy flexibility
On going Harry Potter project: BLOOD OF HOGWARTS (series)
With a more than twenty-year-old secret revealed many people's life is about to change. Harry gets the chance to grow up with people who love him and to learn magic from the beginning from the very best of Hogwarts.
AU factor: Minerva McGonagall is Harry's biological grandmother (as Lily Potter née Evans was adopted as a baby.)
What main changes the AU factor brings to the story: Harry grows up with McGonagall as his guardian and he is surrounded by the other Head of Houses and Dumbledore who also starts mentoring him from a young age, not to mention the remaining Marauders. So, Harry will already have mastered the basics of magic by the time of Hogwarts, he grew up in the magical world, he is close to all Heads and the Headmaster and he had a happy childhood. He also meets several of his future classmates before Hogwarts.
Books in the series:
PREQUEL: BLOOD OF SECRETS
It's pretty much a series of one-shots which show Harry's upbringing. This is a family story more than an adventure one. The rest of the series is understandable without it, though the AU factor already changes here many things, so it is recommended. However, all changes and their causes will be mentioned in the other parts as the stories unfold.
Progress: WIP - posting is in progress.
Time: pre-Hogwarts years (from 1981 until 1991)
Pairings: no pairings
Main characters: Harry Potter, Minerva McGonagall, Albus Dumbledore, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, Severus Snape
Genres: family, friendship, also slight adventure and mystery
MAIN STORY: BLOOD OF HOGWARTS
You don't need to read BLOOD OF SECRETS to understand it. The prequel in the series is more focused on family and friendship and less on adventure - even Harry is more likely to save the world once he has a wand.
Progress: WIP - posting is in progress.
Time: Hogwarts years (1991-1998)
Main characters: Harry Potter, Neville Longbottom, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Draco Malfoy, Susan Bones, Hannah Abbott, Padma Patil, Minerva McGonagall, Albus Dumbledore, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, Severus Snape
Genres: adventure, mystery, family, friendship
Notes for the Blood of Hogwarts series: (Might contain some slight spoilers. Read it on your own risk, mostly if you have some serious ideas of what you want/don't want to read.)
- No Dumbledore bashing. While Dumbledore will be manipulative, he won't be a Dark Lord.
- No particular Weasley bashing. The Weasleys will be portrayed as they are in the original series and they won't have hidden big plans to destroy Harry or whatever. Also, no Hermione bashing. In all in all, no particular bashing (if we don't count 'canon bashing' like the Dursleys, Umbridge, Voldemort, etc).
- Voldemort is going to be bad. The same goes for the Death Eaters. No, they aren't the misunderstood good guys.
- The Horcruxes exist. Harry is one as he was in the original works.
- As in-character as possible. So, Snape won't be giving sweets to little children in the near future, Remus won't be going around telling everyone that he is a werewolf and Sirius won't be Bellatrix's best friend. However, some characters might be showed from a different angle, for example Fleur might be portrayed as a talented and driven young witch who fights a war she could just sit out instead of a spoilt French snob. Please review/PM if you think that someone is OOC, I try my best to be in-character, but I'm human, I make mistakes.
- Some characters will be different, but I plan to develop the character based on the AU factor rather than just make them OOC. So, some might be in different Houses than in the original books, or simply react differently (that goes for Harry and the professors as well. They will surely play bigger part in the story than in the original novels).
- It's going to follow canon in many ways, so the Philosopher's Stone is going to be in the school, the Chamber of Secrets will be opened and so on, but thanks to the AU factor the ovarall story will be different. Also, with every year the AU factor is going to make bigger and bigger changes.
- No pairings until around fourth year for the children. I might actually skip the whole romance thing, because this is not a romance story. (If it even happens then for Harry it's either going to be Ginny or Hermione I assume), but either way, it's a family, friendship and adventure story, so it won't focus on romance (and the romantic relationships will be carefully written, so it will be a logical conclusion to what's going on, not just a random thing). For the professors, probably not much romance. I always liked the idea of MM/AD but since the Pottermore information about McGonagall (which inspired this story) I've realized that Dumbledore could be her grandfather, so, no, they will be only friends. For other professors... Not much more than a few passing sentences maximum, I believe. For other grown-ups there will be pairing probably. Maybe SB and SS with a minor character/Order member and most certainly RL/NT. While I have nothing against slash, characters who proved to prefer the other sex won't have relationship with their own (for example Remus married Tonks, so he is probably not in love with Sirius - at least in my stories).
- There will be a few OCs or what we would say very minor characters in the original universe whose personality we don't know but I will give them one. For example Minerva's brothers and their family. But, main characters will only be major and minor characters from the books. (So, Susan Bones might have a bigger role in the story than in the books, but a character whose name is only known from one of the PC games won't.)
- There will be fanon elements and head!canons. Also, I will add many layers of magical theory and concentrate on parts of it - because Harry will be a lot more interested in things like that. These will be mainly own ideas and a few 'well-liked fanon' elements, but probably nothing drastic which would go against Rowling's built up world.
- No millionaire!Harry or super!Harry or creature!Harry or anything like that, and especially no evil!dark!Harry. Instead intelligent!light!good!Harry who is still a half-blood whose parents died by the hand of Voldemort and for that reason he doesn't really like the snake guy. Also, it will be a bit political!Harry and there will be a lot of inter-house-unity. Harry will see all the sides of all the Houses being mentored from a young age by all the Head of Houses.
Yeah, that's about it. I just wanted it out there and somewhere, where those who want to know what they are reading can find out. I don't want to spam the story itself with these information, but I know that they would come up sooner or later and it's easier this way than explain it in PMs and author's notes a dozen times. If you have any other questions though, just PM me. As long as it isn't spoiler-y (no more than what I can share without ruining the story) I will be happy to answer your questions.
On going Chronicles of Narnia project: ALL GROWS DARK (standalone)
The Pevensies have been back in England for years now and they still long to see Narnia again. They are in a surprise though - Narnia comes to them instead! The definition of time and reality is questioned when they are faced with Narnians who should be long dead. Is the Golden Age back in more than one way?
Summary: The Pevensies've been back in England for years, but they still long to see Narnia again. They are in a surprise though - Narnia comes to them instead! The definition of time and reality is questioned when they are faced with Narnians who should be long dead. Aslan is certainly keeping them on toes. Is the Golden Age back? The Kings and Queens of Narnia are ready to take back their rightful throne.
Idea: A portal opens between Narnia and England, this time though it goes public, so the two universes/worlds get to know (about) each other. Time and reality is rather complicated though, espeically when it comes to Narnia, so even the Pevensies are to be surprised. The route of Aslan is inscrutable after all.
Time: It takes place in September in 1945 after World War II has ended.
Universe: Mostly books, and all books except for The Last Battle has happened already. However, a bit of the movies' ideas or characters might find their way into the story (for example Oreius is going to be a rather important character, though he is not in the novels.) This also means that when there is canon appearance written down in the books then they will look like that in this story as well, for example Lucy is blonde and Susan is black-haired. However, I will admit, it was a long time ago that I've read some of the books, so my knowledge could be rusty in certain topics, I will try to stay canon though.
Note: Most probably the story will end up as an AU, because if one really wants to see it that way then it can take place before and stay still somehow canon to The Last Battle, but one truly has to have a creative imagination for that and most will simply find that the ending will go against what is considered canon because of the last book. So when I say that this story is canon and bookverse I only mean the first six books, TMN, LWW, HHB, PC, VoDT, TSC.
Main characters: Peter P. (18), Susan P. (17), Edmund P. (15), Lucy P. (13), Eustace S. (12), Jill P. (12), Narnians, Professor Kirke, the parents of the Pevensies, etc.
Rating: Most certainly not darker or harsher than the books. And those are labelled children books...
Progress: WIP - posting is in progress.
"Home isn't where you're from, it's where you find light when all grows dark."― Pierce Brown, Golden Son