Author has written 28 stories for Lloyd Alexander, Star Wars, Chronicles of Narnia, A Little Princess, Chronicles of Prydain, and Black Cauldron.
I'm...none of your business years old, and I love children's books.
My first love is Lloyd Alexander's Chronicles of Prydain, a series loosely based on Welsh mythology, doomed to the lowest shelves of libraries and bookstores because people are dumb and illiterate. Most of my work centers around the series' heroine, exploring her growth and development and her relationships with the other characters, in particular the romance that is central to the series yet gets almost no direct attention from the author. I am unashamedly a Taran/Eilonwy shipper and I will captain this frigate until I die.
I have been interpreting the first book as a graphic novel for several years. It can be found at the website title thebookofthree.thecomicseries
For Prydain fans curious about the "correct" order to read my work, there really isn't one. I have written randomly throughout the Prydain-verse, and my oldest material is not always consistent in character development or extra-canon detail with my new. However, here is a list that comprises my suggested reading, in chronological order:
1) Daughter of the Sea (novel-length prequel based on The True Enchanter, detailing the elopement of Eilonwy's parents and the fall of the House of Llyr)
2) Sunrise (novel-length rewrite of The Book of Three, with Eilonwy as protagonist)
3) Golden Circle (four short stories set between the first two novels in the series}
4) Single Wild Ember (novel-length rewrite of The Black Cauldron, with Eilonwy as protagonist)
5) Spring Fever (short story set between The Black Cauldron and The Castle of Llyr)
6) Broken Bud (short story set just prior to The Castle of Llyr)
7) Silver Crescent, Rolling Tide (novel-length rewrite of The Castle of Llyr with Eilonwy as protagonist.)
8)Tempering (short story set during Taran Wanderer)
9) Reminiscence (short story set just prior to The High King)
10) While We're Waiting (short story set at the beginning of The High King)
11) Opening Doors (short story set just after the battle at Smoit's castle in The High King).
12) Resolution (short story set just before the battle at Caer Dathyl in The High King)
13) Completion (short story set just after the battle at Caer Dathyl in The High King)
14) One More Day (short story set on the last full day depicted in The High King)
15) Tangled Up Whole (short story set immediately post-series.)
16) Made of Earth and Rain (short story set a few days after series end.)
17) Scars (short story set a few months post-series.)
18) Hundreds of Words is a drabble collection that jumps around all over the place, and I highly recommend it as a thorough sampling of my style and theming via bite-size stories.
As for the rest, they are all still worth reading, but not consistent with my headcanon any longer. In particular, Princess Diaries, being my first and oldest story, has material that is no longer relevant, and this time period will eventually be covered in my rewrites of the series. It remains posted for nostalgia's sake, but I have no plans to resurrect and finish it.
Happy Wandering, friends!