Author has written 4 stories for Labyrinth, Batman Begins/Dark Knight, and Inuyasha.
Oh hai! Thanks for stopping by to get to know me!
Interesting things about me:
1. I'm a journalist. Well, 'editorial assistant.' I do some writing, I do some answering the phone and talking to the crazy people. It's fun.
2. I like to knit, design my own knitting patterns, cross-stitch, grow herbs on my balcony, sew with my vintage Husquvarna Viking that I inherited from my grandmother, and cook.
3. As you can tell from my name, I like Sherlock Holmes a lot. So much so that in college, I found a way to involve him in every paper I could. And now I'm a bit of an expert in Spiritualism because when you're writing about something historical, you have to use real people like Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Who knew.
4. I once stood in line for over an hour to personally apologize to Brandon Sanderson for telling him (to his face) that I wouldn't read his fantasy novels. I repented and I must say that Elantris is amazing. BTW, Brandon Sanderson is the nicest guy on the planet. Just FYI.
5. I get anxious when I don't have a pen and pad of paper. I should say that it's because I'm worried about having to do an impromptu interview, but really, if I get a story idea, I want to be able to write it down. And I write like Sir Isaac Newton in that my handwriting is itty bitty — I write two lines per ruled line. Originally this was so no one could read over my shoulder, but now I do it because I like to have more of the story in front of me on one page.
6. I own a condo! That's right, I am a single-income, mortgage-paying single lady! It's the best. And if I had a better work schedule, I would get myself a dog.
7. I do keto. If you have recipes, please send them my way.
Merripit House: The Dark Daiyokai, an InuYasha novel, is complete. For those who have stuck around, thank you for your patience. The sequel, Merripit House: The Hunted Ones, will be released sometime in 2019. Maybe.
Is this story a sequel of To Play the Fool? Yes and no. In this universe, the events of TPtF did happen, but it's not necessary to read that before reading this one. I understand that you might not want to read a 200K word story that has no novel structure in it at all.
To Play the Fool, a Batman Begins/Dark Knight fanfic, is COMPLETE. The further removed I become from this, the more I realize that it wasn't as awesome as I thought it was. And now I don't have the time or motivation to edit it into something more coherent or enjoyable. So I leave it online for historical purposes.
The Alarm Clock, also a Batman Begins/Dark Knight story, is COMPLETE. Doesn't have anything to do with my other one. I participated in this Last Author Standing contest over at Livejournal, and I was particularly happy with this one. Harvey Dent contemplates how chance played a role in how he met Rachel Dawes just before he dies.
Christmas in the Labyrinth is COMPLETE. I'm not exactly proud of this. I still remember the day, sitting in a Sunday School class when I was, like, 15, and I came up with this parody. And then I went home and wrote the whole thing up in one mad dash and posted it. Behold the writings of a teenage Sherlock Holmes Skittle. Again, I'm leaving this one online for historical purposes. It's a good thing I have so much crap to look back on and improve upon, right?