Author has written 7 stories for Pokémon, Game X-overs, and Harry Potter.
I am currently a member of the "Golden Snitch" forum, as a member of the Biloko house of the school of Uagadou.
I spend my time between mental breakdowns doing my absolute best to pretend to still be alright. Occasionally, I write fanfiction.
As a side effect, I don't think I'm physically capable of writing a story without horror/despair.
Age: 20 (I think. I've forgotten.)
Sanity: What's a Sanity?
Current Watched Fandoms:
Primary: X-Com, Harry Potter, How to Train Your Dragon, Danny Phantom, Percy Jackson and the Olympians
Secondary: Mass Effect, Disgaea, Starcraft
(My favorite fandoms either involve magic, technology so advanced it might as well be magic, and explosions.)
(Yes, that does mean that I've fallen out of favor with the Pokemon Series. I blame losing my games. If Pokemon Reborn continues to hold my interest, however, I might actually be able to get back into it.)
Update: Yeaaah, that ain't happening. I got bored of Reborn really quick, but I might at some point begin writing the sequel. Probably after I finish writing the next two stories, though.
-If the story lacks punctuation, there is a good chance I will not read the story. Unless the lack of punctuation is part of the stylistic choice.
-If the story lacks proper grammar, there is a very good chance I will not read the story. Unless the lack of grammar is part of the stylistic choice.
-If the story is formatted in such a way that causes me to spend minutes decoding it, I am likely to just leave.
-There is nothing inherently wrong with darkfics, gross-out fics, and crackfics, as long as they serve a purpose, and/or are enjoyable.
-Nothing is perfect, and issues that may seem nonexistent at first come to light as time passes.
-There is no such thing as an invincible hero. Everyone fails. Everyone makes mistakes.
-Perspective is everything. First person is not reliable. First person should never be reliable. We are not gods. We should never be gods.
Unsolicited Writing Tips:
- When writing a story, don't continually use the word "Said" as a suffix. It's entirely fine to use it, but eighteen lines of "X said, Y Said" is grating to read. In addition, abusing words that end in "ly" to add emotion to the 'saids' is great, but only in small doses. EXCEPTION: Characters without emotions, or Kuuderes are allowed to speak entirely in 'said'. Robots could also pull it off.
- Invincible heroes are boring. Have them have some emotional baggage at least. Failing that, have them gain emotional baggage.
- For the love of god, remember to close your quotation marks. If you have a dialogue that is missing its closing tag, there's a chance the readers will 'hear' the entire paragraph as spoken by the character. Usually they can puzzle out where the quote would end, but sometimes it's hard.
- If you plan on abandoning a story, POST AN UPDATE. If you don't, then you'll get everyone's hopes up. It takes 4 minutes to write up an eighty word apology, and another minute to post it. (It's pretty funny how this is the first rule I broke, huh?)
- Plot drafts are not gospel. If you end up writing yourself into a corner, sometimes you need to look back for the solution. If you find yourself taking your story in a different direction, consider what the original tone of the story was, and if it matches, go with it. You might end up somewhere interesting!
-People change, but never quickly. Have things happen slowly to the characters, if you want to change them into other people. These things take time, and are more believable at the middle of the road, rather than at the beginning.
Ships that I enjoy reading about:
Involved Characters (Fandoms involved)
-Danny Phantom/Sam (DP)
-Laharl/Flonne (Disgaea) As long as it doesn't go too fast. Neither of those two are bright/humble enough to actually admit it.
-Valvatorez/Artina (Disgaea) Same deal here.
-Hiccup/Astrid (HTTYD) I definitely have a preference, huh?
(Although TBH I like reading most of the ships involving Percy.)
-Jack Frost/Elsa (ROTG/Frozen)
-Danny Phantom/Raven (DP/Teen Titans)
-Danny Phantom/Luna Lovegood (DP/Harry Potter)
(To be honest, I like Luna Lovegood in general. Favourite Harry Potter character by far.)