Author has written 2 stories for Harry Potter.
I'm a 26, soon to be 27, years old male living in Canton, Michigan (USA). I discovered the world of fanfiction about 5 years ago. Since, I have read many, many stories, which amount to 40 million words according my estimates. And I have decided to start my own fiction.
As I was not too thrilled with how JK Rowling's Harry Potter progressed after Book 5, I set to write my own version, which I called "Harry Potter and The Puppet-Masters".
(Update 12 07 2008) The Puppet-Masters is officially on hiatus.
What I like to read :
- Harry centered fics, specially Slytherin Harry, Dark Harry or Powerful Harry
- Slash and odd straight pairings
- New Magiks, specially the dark ones (Necromancy, Blood Magic, Technomancy, Ritual Magic,...)
- fics where Severus Snape has an important role
- fics with major character bashing (Ron, Dumbledore, Hermione, Snape ...)
What I don't like to read :
- Harry/Hermione, Harry/Ginny, and any pairing not including Harry
- Ronald Weasley (I hate this character)
- fics with bad English, and fics with plot logic for 8 year-olds
- Time Travel fics, Creature fics, non-magic fics
- Author Notes
Stories I highly recommend :
- A Second Chance at Life, by Miranda Flairgold ( http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2488754/1/ )
- A Moment in Time, by The Shadow Bandit ( http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1462543/1/ )
- Faith, by Dragongirl16 ( http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1318020/1/ )
- The Where in the World is Harry Potter? trilogy, by nonjon ( http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2354771/1/ )
- Bungle in the Jungle: A Harry Potter Adventure, by jbern ( http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2889350/1/ )
A final quote, by André Gide, which I took the liberty to translate from French : "The writer often does not give enough credit to the reader's imagination."