Author has written 15 stories for Kingdom Hearts, Avatar: Last Airbender, and Kuroshitsuji.
"A well rounded critique is often the most rewarding gift a reader can give. Please use this golden opportunity to offer a well deserved praise and/or tips for improvement."
Let's be honest, we all tend to overlook that notice when we write reviews. But it's one of the few things from the site's management I agree with. It's no secret that I love reviews, but even more than any review, I love long, detailed reviews that tell what the reader liked about my writing. I do put thought into my writing (usually), and I like to believe that the seven people out there who read my fics put thought into their reading. It's one of the best compliments you can give to an author. And the best expression of that is a thoughtful review. More than anything, I love reviews full of constructive criticism. Usually, people are discouraged or hate seeing it, but I'm always quite flattered to find that someone who didn't like something about my writing actually took the time to tell me and explain why for my improvement. Besides, anyone can kiss ass in a review, but not everybody manages to be an active reader.
Zexion (narcissism/clonecest/selfcest/whatever else you call it)
You Know What I Noticed?
Lexaeus has sideburns! ^^
Zexion's laugh... is similar to mine when I've been saying too many "that's what she said" jokes... O.o
Zexion can mimic weapons and fighting styles, and therefore should have pwned everyone else a long time ago.
Axel wears a lot of fucking make up. Like, have you ever really just looked at it?
The Pentagram of Solomon (Sebastian's contract seal) can also be seen in an episode of Kekkaishi in which Matsudo makes a contract with a demon. (The sigil of Gremory also appears on the pentacle in Kekkaishi, however.)
Sebastian wears a necktie with a wing collar, customarily worn with a bowtie.
Tanaka knows bartitsu, which is actually pretty similar to Sebastian's usual choice of fighting with tableware.
Typical anime silliness aside, Kid Death has a pretty accurate portrayal of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Excalibur has the same English voice actor as Madarao from Kekkaishi! ^^
Black Star gets hit in the head a lot. And overall, he takes it pretty well.
The magic circle in Medusa's house is similar to the sigil of Astaroth.
Question, not an observation: What the hell is up with the sun and moon? And how am I supposed to believe Crona's a boy?
Here's some fangirl flag-waving: Why I Love Kuroshitsuji:
1. The gay undertones in the series are, in the immortal words of Doug Walker, as subtle as a train wreck on a boat.
2. It involves an unbreakable bond, an unbreachable contract, and I like seeing the ways that kind of relationship can be used in a story.
3. Who doesn't like a totally smug yet always composed badass?
4. It treats child trauma seriously. Ciel is very, very adult for a thirteen-year-old, and they point it out as a direct result of Ciel being kidnapped and sold. It's not afraid to show how that forces a child to grow up way before his or her time. However, it doesn't make the mistake of trying so hard to drill it in the audience becomes unresponsive to the message.
5. It treats trauma in general seriously. Many fandoms (and fanfics -.-) tend to blow over the psychological effecs of being abused or raped. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't know too many people who would automatically forgive their abuser after getting a hug from a hot guy. After Ciel and Sebastian made the pact, Ciel's first order was for Sebastian to kill all the people around. Dark, yes. More realistic? Quite probably. And in the long term, Ciel is quite callous to other people's death and suffering.
6. On a lighter note, there's so much buildup for Sebastian's power. While it's obvious he's a complete gangsta, he's always so calm and reserved. Yet the Grim Reapers refer to him as a beast and he pretty much just gives a knowing smile, making us wonder "What the hell does he look like under that smug mask?"
7. All of the non-sequitur moments in the previews for the next episode. We get such jewels as: "Watching his innocent childish joy makes my heart feel positively tepid. No, wait, warm. Yes, yes, I mean warm," and "We must soak you in a tub and scrub you one hundred times. One. Two. Three."
8. Despite all the complaints about the English Black Butler, J Michael Tatum's Sebastian proves that dry humor is both possible and effective in anime.
Random Facts about Yours Truly
I'm very self-centered and a borderline narcissist, though I had very low self-esteem through childhood and early teenage years.
I'm a chronic procrastinator.
I'm a grammar Nazi, though I often engage in lazy typing in informal settings.
I'm often told I'm too smart to be doing something.
I have short calf tendons, so I walk on my toes.
I can never find clothes that fit me. Everything's either huge or tiny.
I'm actually pretty politically conservative in a lot of cases. However, I find the Republican party to be infested with idiots.
I can be very fake at times, and I'm not afraid to acknowledge it.
My first crush on a fictional character: Zexion. Totally.
My sense of humor is entertained only by really low-brow humor or really subtle jokes.
The new voice actor for Ansem, Seeker of Darkness raped all respect I had for him. I want Billy Zane back!
I do not follow a religion, but I give full support of following religion (within reason - when it perpetuates prejudices, it annoys me).
I make badass chocolate truffles.