Author has written 83 stories for Star Wars.
i want to thank all my readers for the fantastic ride! I'll always view my time with Obidala as one of the best. I met some fantastic people and had a blast writing these stories. If this sounds like an ending...I'm afraid it is. I just don't see myself writing again. I've thought about returning for the last month or so, but it's just not happening. Enjoy what is here and thanks again!
Question: Why Review?
"The way I see it is that your stories are little gifts to people and the reviews should give something back." Starhunter79
"...to join in the fun of fandom with like-minded people, (and) express consideration and appreciation for the FREE entert"ainment that ffiction brings." Pronker
"I just do (it) to make the writer feel good that their work is good." SashaMonroe
"...because as an author myself, I know full well how much work, time and emotional investment a writer puts into their story and how much a simple acknowledgment of that, never mind an expressed appreciation, by the readers means to that writer. That writer led me into a wonderful world where things happened as I wanted them and not as how TPTB screwed them up, helping me forget RL and canon for a while, for which that author was paid nothing, demanded nothing, did it completely free of charge. I appreciate that, that's why I give them what they're in my mind owed: that acknowledgment of appreciation of their work." VisualIdentificationZeta
"I review to help the writer to gain confidence and be motivated to write. It is not easy for people to write fics and many give their all, so if they do not receive reviews it might demotivate them and they stop (either writing fics or writing all together). Whether they are good of bad, reviews help a person to understand whether they are doing good or what needs improvement." Mony19
I'm often asked the same questions, and decided here would be a good place to give some answers...
1) Where do your story ideas come from? From a variety of sources, actually. Music (with or without lyrics), movies, stories I've read, or sometimes even just a simple word or a phrase. I've even written stories based on dreams I've had! When I'm in the groove, I never know what's going to inspire me!
2) Do you write anything other than Obidala stories? I actually have written some other fanfiction, although you will be hard-pressed to find it! Many years ago, I wrote for Beauty and the Beast - the tv show (the one with Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton), and have written some Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon fanfiction as well. (Not archived here)
3) What do I consider my style of writing to be? To sum it up - I tend to write how I like to read: Concise and to the point. Details and inner dialogue are important, however, when they only serve to add fluff to a fic (lengthen it unnecessarily), it's rather pointless. Can't tell you how many times I've skipped over chunks of details to get to the "good stuff!" I'm always striving to improve my writing, though I don't think I will change this particular preference.
4) How many stories do you think you can write for just Obidala? As many as I possibly can! I don't want to bore anyone (especially myself), but as long as my muse continues to give me interesting plot ideas, and readers keep reading and reviewing, I'll keep writing!
My Fanfiction Philosophy: Just watched "The Force Awakens" and I enjoyed it, but it made me realize why I do what I do and what exactly I do. Basically, I write stories involving Star Wars characters. I don't write Star Wars stories. And that's it in a nutshell!
SOME WRITER /STORY STATS
Highest Number of Alerts: "Destiny's Promise"
Highest Number of Views: "An Unbreakable Bond"
Most Favorited: "Force Passage"
Most Followers: "Destiny's Promise"
Highest Number of Community Invites: "Force Passage"
Highest Number of Reader Reviews: "An Unbreakable Bond" ("Replenishment" close 2nd)
Longest Story: "Soturi"
Words Archived: 1,214,441 (as of 3.11.16)
AUTHOR'S STORY RECS
My personal favorites, in order from 1-10:
1) In Pursuit of Being -- I like this one because of the originality and AUness of it. I also really liked how I ended it.
2) Force Passage -- it's so Obi-centric, how could I not like it?
3) Visions of Truth -- I really dislike Anakin, and in this story, I get to express how much.
4) Seeing through the Dark -- I got to play with the idea of Obi-Wan being a Sith
5) Echoes of Darkness -- the only sequel I've written, which I think may be better than the original
6) Risk and Relaxation -- Book I and Book II. I really poured my heart into this one!
7) An Unbreakable Bond -- not really sure why this one is so popular. It was my first BIG story though, and has a LOT of Obidala in it, so, there you go, I guess.
8) Soturi -- this story is Huuuuuuge! My longest yet. I put a lot of effort into and it took me 2 years to finish! That should count for something!
9) Replenishment - Re-read it recently and discovered I like it!
10) Anonymous Attraction - it's the sequel to Wayward Desire and Anakin is actually likable in it (if that's possible)
Ticklesivory's Story Guide
In the mood for….
Supernatural Life Bonds? Read “An Unbreakable Bond”
Time Traveling Redemption? Read “Force Passage.”
Obi-Wan as a young gigolo? Read “Replenishment”
Romance with a good dose of Comedy? Read “The Jedi Trap” or “Nightingale”
Anakin being a good guy? Read “Anonymous Attraction”
Qui-Gon being alive and ornery? Read “U-Turn” or “Haunted” (ok, in "Haunted" he's a ghost, but he's funny...)
Obi-Wan as a Sith? Read “Seeing Through the Dark” and it’s sequel “Echoes of Darkness”
Anakin as a true monster? Read “Visions of Truth”
Obi-Wan and Padme as a family with children? Read “How My Parents Got Together”
Romance, excitement and adventure? Read “Soturi,” “Risk and Relaxation”, or “The Princess and the Pirate"
Something sexy and maybe a little bit nasty? Read “The Awakening,” or “Destiny’s Promise” or "Ceramon"
Something fun and different? Read “A Forced Issue” or “A Celebratory Setup”
Some of that Force Afterlife mumbo jumbo? Read “Walking on Water” or “Angel”
Ticklesivory's Obidala/Dormakin Collection
The Trilogy: The Jedi Trap To Woo a Handmaiden Surprise!
How My Parents Got Together
Discretions of the Jedi
Nightingale and its sequel - Duty and Desire
There you go! Enjoy!