Author has written 73 stories for Star Wars.
It started with Revenge of the Sith and a single thought - which made complete sense to me. At the time, I wasn't even aware that a fan following for the pair of Obi-Wan and Padme existed. And I've always secretly wanted to be a writer...so I did some research, discovered a following, and the rest as they say, is history!
That thought became an obsession and 10 years later (and counting), I'm still here! True, I've taken some breaks, but something always draws me back. Whether it's my love for the characters themselves or for this extraordinary community, I'm happy to be here! And I'm looking forward to challenging my muse, as well as getting to know new shippers!
*All the Obidala manipulations (avatars) and story covers you may see on my profile and beside my stories have all been created by myself. Please don't borrow them or use them without asking first. You can now view them all (old and new) by searching for Tickles Ivory on Pinterest.
11.27.15 Another long "Soturi" update! (I've got chapter outlines to the end, so they're going to keep coming...so stay tuned!)
11.24.15 I've surprised myself and posted three - count 'em - THREE chapters for "Soturi" today! I'm proud, but also worried. I need some feedback people. Just a word or two will help. Please? Thanks! (Oh, I also created 2 new photo manips the past couple of days. You'll find them in my Tickles Ivory Pinterest board).
03.07.13 At 8:11 AM this morning, (with the update of "Soturi" chapter four) I officially archived my ONE MILLIONTH word here! Woo Hoo!
* !! ONE MILLION WORDS !! *
Poll: Why Review?
"The way I see it is that your stories are little gifts to people and the reviews should give something back." Starhunter79
"...to join in the fun of fandom with likeminded people, (and) express consideration and appreciation for the FREE entertainment that ffiction brings." Pronker
"I just do (it) to make the writer feel good that their work is good." SashaMonroe
"...because as an author myself, I know full well how much work, time and emotional investment a writer puts into their story and how much a simple acknowledgment of that, never mind an expressed appreciation, by the readers means to that writer. That writer led me into a wonderful world where things happened as I wanted them and not as how TPTB screwed them up, helping me forget RL and canon for a while, for which that author was paid nothing, demanded nothing, did it completely free of charge. I appreciate that, that's why I give them what they're in my mind owed: that acknowledgment of appreciation of their work." VisualIdentificationZeta"I review to help the writer to gain confidence and be motivated to write. It is not easy for people to write fics and many give their all, so if they do not receive reviews it might demotivate them and they stop (either writing fics or writing all together). Whether they are good of bad, reviews help a person to understand whether they are doing good or what needs improvement." Mony19
SOME STORY STATS
Highest Number of Alerts: "Destiny's Promise"
Highest Number of Views: "An Unbreakable Bond"
Most Favorited: "Force Passage"
Highest Number of Community Invites: "Force Passage"
Highest Number of Reader Reviews: "An Unbreakable Bond" ("Replenishment" close 2nd)
Longest Story: "Soturi" and it ain't even finished yet!
AUTHOR'S STORY RECS
My personal favorites, in order from 1-10:
1) In Pursuit of Being -- I like this one because of the originality and AUness of it. I also really liked how I ended it.
2) Force Passage -- it's so Obi-centric, how could I not like it?
3) Visions of Truth -- I really dislike Anakin, and in this story, I get to express how much.
4) Seeing through the Dark -- I got to play with the idea of Obi-Wan being a Sith
5) Echoes of Darkness -- the only sequel I've written, which I think may be better than the original
6) Risk and Relaxation -- Book I and Book II. I really poured my heart into this one!
7) An Unbreakable Bond -- not really sure why this one is so popular. It was my first BIG story though, and has a LOT of Obidala in it, so, there you go, I guess.
8) Soturi -- this story is BIG BIG! My longest yet. I put a lot of effort into and it took me 2 years to finish! That should count for something!
9) Replenishment - Re-read it recently and discovered I like it!
10) Anonymous Attraction - it's the sequel to Wayward Desire and Anakin is actually likable in it (if that's possible)
There you go! Enjoy!