Author has written 78 stories for Star Wars.
Welcome! I'm a rather prolific Obidala author (which is the fantasy pairing of the fictional Star Wars characters, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Padmé Amidala.) They are all I write about. Why, you may ask? It started with watching Revenge of the Sith back in 2005 and the idea came to me that those two deserved to be together - which made perfect sense! At the time, I wasn't even aware that an online fan following for them existed. And I've always secretly wanted to be a writer...so I did some research, discovered a following, and the rest as they say, is history!
That thought became an obsession and 10 years later (and counting), I'm still here! True, I've taken some breaks, but something always draws me back. Whether it's my love for the characters themselves or for this extraordinary community, I'm happy to be here! And I'm looking forward to challenging my muse, as well as getting to know new shippers!
Special Note: *All the Obidala manipulations (avatars) and story covers you may see on my profile and beside my stories have all been created by myself. Please don't borrow them or use them without asking first. You can now view them all (old and new) by searching for Tickles Ivory on Pinterest.
02.07.16 Thanks for the well wishes readers! This is the first day in 15 I've begun to feel better, and with a clearer head, figured since I had already outlined a quite detailed sequel to Nightingale, it deserved to be written! I'll try to post Chapter One of "Duty and Desire" today.
03.07.13 At 8:11 AM this morning, (with the update of "Soturi" chapter four) I officially archived my ONE MILLIONTH word here! Woo Hoo!
* !! ONE MILLION WORDS !! *
Question: Why Review?
"The way I see it is that your stories are little gifts to people and the reviews should give something back." Starhunter79
"...to join in the fun of fandom with likeminded people, (and) express consideration and appreciation for the FREE entertainment that ffiction brings." Pronker
"I just do (it) to make the writer feel good that their work is good." SashaMonroe
"...because as an author myself, I know full well how much work, time and emotional investment a writer puts into their story and how much a simple acknowledgment of that, never mind an expressed appreciation, by the readers means to that writer. That writer led me into a wonderful world where things happened as I wanted them and not as how TPTB screwed them up, helping me forget RL and canon for a while, for which that author was paid nothing, demanded nothing, did it completely free of charge. I appreciate that, that's why I give them what they're in my mind owed: that acknowledgment of appreciation of their work." VisualIdentificationZeta
"I review to help the writer to gain confidence and be motivated to write. It is not easy for people to write fics and many give their all, so if they do not receive reviews it might demotivate them and they stop (either writing fics or writing all together). Whether they are good of bad, reviews help a person to understand whether they are doing good or what needs improvement." Mony19
I'm often asked the same questions, and decided here would be a good place to give some answers...
1) Where do your story ideas come from? From a variety of sources, actually. Music (with or without lyrics), movies, stories I've read, or sometimes even just a simple word or a phrase. I've even written stories based on dreams I've had! When I'm in the groove, I never know what's going to inspire me!
2) Do you write anything other than Obidala stories? I actually have written some other fanfiction, although you will be hard-pressed to find it! Many years ago, I wrote for Beauty and the Beast - the tv show (the one with Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton), and have written some Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon fanfiction as well. (Not archived here)
3) What do I consider my style of writing to be? To sum it up - I tend to write how I like to read: Concise and to the point. Details and inner dialogue are important, however, when they only serve to add fluff to a fic (lengthen it unnecessarily), it's rather pointless. Can't tell you how many times I've skipped over chunks of details to get to the "good stuff!" I'm always striving to improve my writing, though I don't think I will change this particular preference.
4) How many stories do you think you can write for just Obidala? As many as I possibly can! I don't want to bore anyone (especially myself), but as long as my muse continues to give me interesting plot ideas, and readers keep reading and reviewing, I'll keep writing!
My Fanfiction Philosophy: I do the best I can to use Star Wars Universe lingo when it comes to the following: time, species/races/planets, weapons/ships/technology, historical events, foods/drink, etc. I make a lot of references to the Jedi Apprentice series, and other canon ideas, but I will not hesitate to bend that universe to fit my story. I don't apologize for that. This is fanfiction, after all, and the canon world is SO ENORMOUS, there is no way to keep everything straight! I do my research on the Star Wars Wiki mainly, as well draw from the original SW movies. My goal is to entertain readers, not to confuse them - so if I do, please tell me so, and I will try to fix it. Thanks!
SOME WRITER /STORY STATS
Highest Number of Alerts: "Destiny's Promise"
Highest Number of Views: "An Unbreakable Bond"
Most Favorited: "Force Passage"
Most Followers: "Destiny's Promise"
Highest Number of Community Invites: "Force Passage"
Highest Number of Reader Reviews: "An Unbreakable Bond" ("Replenishment" close 2nd)
Longest Story: "Soturi"
Words Archived: 1,131,483 (as of 12.26.15)
AUTHOR'S STORY RECS
My personal favorites, in order from 1-10:
1) In Pursuit of Being -- I like this one because of the originality and AUness of it. I also really liked how I ended it.
2) Force Passage -- it's so Obi-centric, how could I not like it?
3) Visions of Truth -- I really dislike Anakin, and in this story, I get to express how much.
4) Seeing through the Dark -- I got to play with the idea of Obi-Wan being a Sith
5) Echoes of Darkness -- the only sequel I've written, which I think may be better than the original
6) Risk and Relaxation -- Book I and Book II. I really poured my heart into this one!
7) An Unbreakable Bond -- not really sure why this one is so popular. It was my first BIG story though, and has a LOT of Obidala in it, so, there you go, I guess.
8) Soturi -- this story is Huuuuuuge! My longest yet. I put a lot of effort into and it took me 2 years to finish! That should count for something!
9) Replenishment - Re-read it recently and discovered I like it!
10) Anonymous Attraction - it's the sequel to Wayward Desire and Anakin is actually likable in it (if that's possible)
There you go! Enjoy!