So I kind of wish I could write. I don't really like writing very much in general, so I read a LOT, but haven't written anything yet. Part of it is that I'm extremely critical and have found reasons to not post everything I've written. I add good Grey's stories to my C2, but review any story that I really REALLY like. I don't watch too many TV shows consistently, it's really just Grey's Anatomy and Glee. I absolutely LOVE musicals and music in general. I've been told I'm a total hippie (minus the drugs) so that sums me up pretty well. I'm completely involved in everything I do and I love my crazy life. I'm passionate about quite a few things, but of all of them I'm most passionate about Invisible Children. www.invisiblechildren.com
Shows: Grey's Anatomy, Glee, Lost, Private Practice, So You Think You Can Dance, One Tree Hill
Books: Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, Watchmen by Neil Gaiman, The Sandman series by Neil Gaiman, Socrates' Cafe Christopher Philips
Music: Glee Cast, Rent, Spring Awakening, Wicked, Death Cab for Cutie, The Beatles, Cage the Elephant, Kaiser Chiefs, Tokyo Police Club, Iglu & Hartly, MGMT, Jem, Keane, Arcade Fire, The Black Keys, Phoenix, City and Colour, Matt & Kim, Sherwood, Queen, Spinnerette (there's LOTS more, I'll just stop here)
Movies: The Dark Knight, Fight Club, 10 Things I Hate About You, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Dirty Dancing, Stick It, Step Up...
1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, liposuction and air conditioning.
2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans...
If you support gay marriage and want to show it, paste this into your profile.