Author has written 10 stories for Star Ocean, Bleach, Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, Lost Odyssey, Final Fantasy X, Mass Effect, and Transformers/Beast Wars.
Name: Lucifer Allheart.
I've been a fanfiction author for quite a while now and tend to keep several points in my stories.
- Quality of writing: something i always try to keep up as much as possible. if the story isn't a great read, i don't bother with it. for that same reason, i am unable to force myself to write if i lack inspirtation.
- Character development: This is, in my opinion, one of hte most important aspects of fanfiction. You need to make a character your own, or you're really not doing anything worth writing. at the same time, you have to remain true to the roots of your character, or it's just fiction, not fanfiction. as such, i dedicate quite a bit of time in my stories in developing my characters.
- action scenes: I am gifted with the ability to imagine great action scenes and, according to my beta and readers, write them down and make them highly enjoyable. While i describe the scenes in some detail, i keep them as realistic as the setting allows me, while not losing any pacing and making them slightly chaotic, but still very understandable. after all, fights are chaotic to the people that are fighting.
- story length and development: I do not post or start writing a story before i have the entire storyline thought out. So, if i drop a hint in chapter 3 that doesn't see immediate usage, do not expect it to be a mistake. it may simply take a LONG time to become relevant. I do make small alterations based on new ideas or, if possible, developments in canon, by i try to stick by my original idea as much as is reasonable.
- slow updates: because of the quality of writing i try to keep up, I have in the past forced myself to write chapters and at times this was painfully obvious. i have now accepted that i need to have inspiration to start writing, or else it'll come out as crap.
- story length: because of my ideas, dedication to character development and sometimes stubborn refusal to back away from ideas, i tend to make stories that are REALLY lengthy. Of the stories on this site i have 4 one-shots (each rather lengthy for a one-shot at that), 5 stories that are or are planned to be epic-length and 1 outtake of one of those epics. combined with my slow updating and not-forcing chapters, this means that i only have 1 epic completed (Two of a Kind).
- grammar: English is not my first language and at times this shows up. while I am rather fluent in speaking English, my grammar in writing has several areas where it could be substantially improved. My spelling is, for the most part, correct, but I tend to make mistakes like switching they're and their, safe and save etc. my beta fishes out a LOT of these mistakes for me, but more then we like still slip through at times.
- British vs American English: Again, it's not my native language and i have learned both versions, but at times my writing switches between the two. while i mostly use a USA spellchecker, i sometimes use British English, due to having a lot of contact with British people (my Beta is, in fact, British)
I hope you have fun reading my stories.