Author has written 12 stories for Harry Potter, and Batman Begins/Dark Knight.
My name is TemperedRose. After taking a "scientific" Hogwarts Sorting Test, I was sorted to Hufflepuff. Not surprised, I can be incredibly loyal... I think.
I'm a major fan of Harry Potter, I actually found out it was a book after watching the second movie. I was nine and a month or so after watching the movie my brother came home with the Prisoner of Azkaban (which is now my favorite book out of the series). I do remember reading Chamber of Secrets before watching the movie but i forgot about it and only read until the part where they were flying over the Hogwarts express, and during that time the I haven't seen the first movie.
I think I was twelve when I discovered fanfiction and I immediately fell in love with it. It's an amazing site and I really love reading the different stories of people (though some of them makes me cringe).
- If you would notice, I like using Ginny Weasley. I think her character was too underdeveloped by JK, but she gave us enough to work with. Her character had a traumatic experience and the book didn't really tackle it all that much. I think there was more with the possession than meets the eye. Concerning for 'fangirl' like behavior towards Harry, I can compare her to how Harry felt about Cho. Harry didn't really know Cho, but he had a crush on her. I love that canon pairing, even though i think JK rushed it a bit. I think it's unfair for others to bash on her for having a crush on Harry because everyone has crushes, but the point it Ginny moved on; even though there were lingering feelings she moved on and when he did get his head out of his arse they got together.
- While I love the canon pairing I do like pairing Ginny with others (preferably older men) because I just like it. I have no explanations, or excuses. It's fanfiction so I'm the fan and it's my fiction. There's probably some psychological thing there but I just like that I can manipulate her character and pair her with basically anyone.
1) Harry/Hermione because it reminds me of a brother/sister relationship. It's just odd. I know there are many people out there who have great urges to flame me but i just don't like them together. I'm glad JK paired Hermione with Ron because I think they're a match made in heaven. Hermione's incredibly smart but I just love the way she can act so stupid concerning Ron.
2) Weasley bashing. They've been nothing but nice to Harry! They remind me of one of those families who don't have many but they're just so nice to be around with. It's like, they don't care that they're poor because they don't feel poor. For me, they are the ideal family.
3) Evil/manipulative Dumbledore. I'm not saying he was ultimately good, and I know he had a manipulative bone but I don't like stories that bash on him. He had good intentions and in the end all he wanted was for his students to be safe.
4) Snape being Harry's father. I do not see Lily cheating on James, ever. She loved James. I think Lily knew Snape had a thing for her, she would have to be blind not to know it, and if she was extremely smart, she would have known. I don't think she ever saw her self being attracted to Snape. She loved Snape like a friend and only ever as a friend.
5)Twin Boy-who-lived with evil Lily and James. I wouldn't mind if they neglected Harry, and favored Twin but down right evil? I can't see them just becoming narcissistic maniacs. I actually do love Twin BWL plots, don't get me wrong. But seriously? I think they would have neglected Harry, since protecting one child can sometimes lead to overlooking the other. If any of you have read 'My sister's keeper' then it'll bring a better understanding to what I'm saying.
6)Mpreg. I have nothing against gay people. I support them and all, and I think they're very fun to be around with but men giving birth is impossible. Unless you count that guy who was a girl originally but turned to a guy by surgery but then turned to half a girl again to get pregnant, then yeah sure, but technically that dude was a girl so it doesn't count. Sperm + sperm would never create a baby. It's impossible! Where does the baby even live during the pregnancy? Their stomach? And where would it come out? Their ass? Seriously?!
7) Horrible grammar and spelling. I know that mine isn't perfect, but if you're going to write can you please use a spell checker.
Some conclusions (he)I've drawn from reading fanfiction: -(Taken from DukeBrymin with permission)-
1) Any time a summary says "Better than it sounds!" it isn't.
2) Any time a summary says "First fic, please be gentle!" it's because the writer, deep inside, knows it's not very good.
3) Any summary starting with "What if. . ." describes a story that is mediocre at best.
4) Any author that posts a new chapter that consists of an apology that a new chapter isn't ready yet, deserves to be flogged with a wet noodle.
5) Any author that promises to never abandon a(ny) story, and then does, should be covered in honey and feathers.
6) Any author that feels the need to label a flashback as FLASHBACK, desperately needs to work on their writing skills. If it's not obvious, then there's a problem.
7) Any author that feels the need to insert author's notes in the middle of their chapter to explain or excuse things, should have to wear a sign saying "Look at me! I want to be an author when I grow up!" because they obviously crave attention.
8) If the author can't be bothered to spell-check the summary, then the story will be so filled with bad spelling, grammar, and punctuation that you'll want to stab yourself in the eyes with a sharpened pencil.
9) Authors who feel the need to "update" Harry Potter by using netspeak (e.g. LOL, N-E-Way) and its ilk have completely missed the feel and characterization of Harry and his friends.
10) Authors who can't even capitalize the name of their story correctly have a better-than-average chance of writing just as poorly.
11) All general statements have exceptions.
Normal people freak me out...No seriously, they really freak me out.
If you cried in many parts of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, copy and paste this into your profile.
If there are times when you wanna annoy people just for the heck of it, copy this into your profile.
Nerds are cool. Nerds are smart. Nerds will one day rule the universe. If you're a nerd and proud of it, copy this into your profile.
If you think that Writer's Block blows (sucks), copy and paste this into your profile.
A large percent of writers don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". If you're one of the ones who does know and wants to slug them, copy and paste this into your profile.
If you have ever run into a door, copy this into your profile.
If you have ever forgotten your name while introducing yourself, copy this to your profile.
If you have ever tripped over air, copy this into your profile.
If you've ever tried to put your hair behind your ears and ended up poking yourself in the eye, copy this into your profile.
If, for no warning, you have laughed during a movie part that wasn't funny, put this in your profile.
.eliforp ruoy otni siht etsap dna ypoc ,sdrawkcab siht daer ot hguone trams era uoy fI
If you've ever tripped over your own feet, copy and paste this into your profile.
Even when you can't see Him, GOD is there! If you believe in GOD put this is your profile.
If you have ever just wanted to SLAP someone, copy this into your profile.
If you think that being unique is better than being cool then put this on your profile.
If several inanimate objects hate you copy and paste this into your profile
If you have inside jokes...with yourself...copy and paste this into your profile.
If you're in denial over Tonks and Lupins death's copy and paste this into your profile.
If your random copy and paste this into your profile
If you are sad because there will be no more Harry Potter books , copy and paste this into your profile
IF YOUR LIFE WERE A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?
First Day at School:
Making Your New Best Friend:
Falling in Love:
Death of a Close Friend:
Getting Back Together:
Birth of a Child:
You say Twilight