Author has written 5 stories for Harry Potter, and Twilight.
Hello to anyone reading this, that is, assuming that someone might actually read this,
I love books, conspiracies, Swedish rock music (specifically Sugarplum Fairy, Johnossi, Mando Diao, Laakso, The Ark and Molotov Jive), motorcycles, my cat, skiing, arguing, and riding trains.
I hate homophobes, racists, sexists, Twilight (I'm on 'team' "Kill Bella" in case anyone's interested), people who walk slowly while blocking a hallway/sidewalk/etc, the color orange, and badly written books (particularly the ones that are popular. See: Twilight).
My favorite authors are Tamora Pierce, Chris Crutcher, Terry Pratchett, Orson Scott Card (who is an absolute bastard, by the way, causing me to only buy his books secondhand or get them from the library in order to have as little as possible to do with funding his income), and Eoin Colfer.
If I were a book, I would be Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman; if I were a band, I would be some odd cross between Laakso and Sugarplum Fairy; as a human, I'm an INFJ according to the Meyers-Briggs personality test.
I read almost exclusively Harry Potter fanfiction. My favorite characters are Draco, Sirius, Remus, Fred, George, Hermione, Luna, James, Lily, and, of course, Harry. I dislike Snape, Pansy, and Lavender, although I'll read fics with them as semi-main characters as long as it's written well (it helps if one of my favorites is one of the main characters in said fic). I'm a huge fan of DMHP and RLSB slash. I have a bit of an obsession with the Weasley twins, particularly canon George after DH, which is rather obvious considering the subject matter of most of my stories.
2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
7) Obviously, gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans... --
The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become. - Charles Dubois
The world is my country, to do good is my religion. - Thomas Paine
Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. - Dwight D. Eisenhower
It is always the best policy to tell the truth, unless of course you are an exceptionally good liar. -Mark Twain
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination. -Shakespeare
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian. - Dennis Wholey
People should be a little loony, Helena. That's the best thing about them. - Karel Capek
From the equality of rights springs identity of our highest interests; you cannot subvert your neighbor's rights without striking a dangerous blow at your own. – Carl Schurz
Unsafe External Link