Author has written 6 stories for Ninja Turtles.
I am a first generation Ninja Turtle fan, and have been reading Fan Fiction for about umpteen dozen years now. I have a Master's Degree in English, as well as a Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education. I just moved away from Atlanta, where I was working with 2-year-olds (13, on a daily basis, so I a have a few screws loose ;). I am in the process of trying to get my teaching cerficate back up to day so that I can teach public school (see note about loose screws). I do a lot of reading in other fandoms, particuarly Supernatural, NCIS, Hawaii 5-0, Star Trek (Originsal Series and 2009 movie-verse), The A-Team, Sherlock, and pretty much anything that catches my attention. However, I have yet to start work on any works for any of those fandoms that are even close to being ready for publication, mostly because I have to feel completely familiar with a fandom before I will even think of producing any stories for it. Other than that, not a whole lot interesting about me.
Things you will not see with my stories: Slash- don't read it, don't write it. Have nothing against those who do, it just is not for me. Romance-if it's not in the "canon," or even accepcted "fanon," you won't see it here. Pleading for reviews-hey, I'm just as much a review addict as the next writer, but I won't beg my readers to review my stories. I write as much for my own enjoyment as for anyone else's.
About my stories: This is an interconnected series. You have to start at the beginning and read through to understand some of what takes places/is referenced in the later stories. The stories are listed below in order.
1. Blended Family- This idea actually came from two scenes from the 2007 movie. The first is right after Leo returns home, and the first thing he tells Splinter is that he's a failure. My thoughts were, this is a turtle with some major self-esteem issues. Next was the scene after the boys fight the first monster, and Splinter blames Leo for failing to keep his brothers from fighting. I always thought that was a little unfair. I put them together, and somehow this story was the result.--Side note: for those of you who think Leo acts a little OC in this story, then it is obvious you have never had someone you are supposed to be able to trust turn on you unexpectedly, harshly, and repeatedly. When that happens, it doesn't take long for you lose part of who you were, and then it can take a long time to regain what you lost. I've been there, and Leo's experience in this story is not as far-fetched as it seems.
2. Blended Family: Linchpin-Yay, the story is done now. Leo faces two psycho brothers, and there are some interesting developments for Leo and his own brothers. For those of you who are familiar with the story, you will know what I'm referring to. For those of you haven't, well, you'll have to read it to find out.
3. Blended Family: Darkness and Light-This is the third story in what I consider my "torture Leo" arc. A dark entity from the nether world has his sights on destroying Leo, but before he does, he's determined to provide as much pain for everyone's favorite Big Brother turtle. Once again, there is a major surprise waiting for the family at the end of this little tale.
4. BF: Same As It Never Will Be-After watching SAINW, I knew I had to do a re-write of it. That said, I decided that my Blended Family universe would be the perfect place to "fix" what I saw wrong with the episode. After all, if the seven turtles living in my crazy little universe can overcome everything they have, then certainly they can help their brothers in the SAINW universe do the same. Believe me, things are going to end a whole lot more happily this time through.
5. BF: Six Turtles and a Baby (or Two)-This is an idea I have had running around in my head pretty much since I wrote Darkness and Light,if not before that. Basically, I want to explore what happens to Raph when his anchor, namely Leo, gets taken away, but isn't killed. In not so many words, Leo gets turned into a baby, and Raph doesn't handle it well. Especially since that's not the only surprise waiting for the turtles. And, to top it all off, another old enemy has become aware of the turtles' new family and abilities, and he has his own ideas about how they should be used. (Never fear, it isn't Shredder--he is dead, after all). Oh, don't be surprised if the four oldest turtles from SAINWB (BF 4) show up. Apparently they still have something to share.
Shadow Hunter: Traitor- This is a totally new and separate AU. What would have happened if Leo disappeared at age 8, only to reappear ten years later? He's still a warrior, and the need to protect his brothers is still there, but he doesn't know they are his brothers. What's more, he doesn't understand the idea of family. He's learned to failure means pain, and success is simply met with a lack of pain. Add to that, he's mute. And what does Bishop have to do with all of this? Since I'm a hurt/comfort junkie, there will be plenty of that, but I wanted to take a different look at the brothers' interaction and development when they are basically having to restart from scratch.
As a last note, for those of you who are expecting Hemingway or Shakespeare from me because I have a Master's Degree in English, be warned. I write fanfiction as a way of unwinding and relaxing. If I wanted to write a serious, in-depth paper, I would be working on my PHD. As far as I am concerned, fanfiction is a relaxed way in which I can express my personal creativity, and I accept everyone else's right to the same thing. Therefore, if you don't like it, don't read; it's the motto I follow myself. Save us both the aggravation. Also, I'm writing an AU, so of course it isn't going to follow cannon. Neither are all of my characterizations going to exactly match the originals. If that bothers you, there are plenty of other stories to read. For everyone else, I hope you enjoy.