Author has written 42 stories for Chuck, Persuasion, Pride and Prejudice, and Emma.
My two Austen stories, Balter and Tides of Bath, are available on Amazon in ebook and paperback.
“I’m writing about what I’ve always written about. How do we stand up to whatever life is asking us? Anybody who’s writing anything, if it’s going to be worthwhile, is writing about our baseline humanity and how we hang on to it as long as we can..." Joe Henry
"Zettel is an artist at Chuck fanfiction." Review of I, Assassin.
"Your prose is fantastic. Your ability to paint a scene and capture emotion is superb. Perhaps the best-written fic I’ve read and that is saying something."
"Third time reading this and it still wows me. Thank you for this great story."
Reviews of Cables to Aces.
"The literary depth of your stories helps to bring about souls to these fictional characters that I love. Thank you for your writings." Review of Turned Tables.
"My favorite fiction book, bar none, is The (Mis)Education Of Sarah Walker."
"I finished it last night just after midnight, it was a deeply meaningful thing to read and IMO the best CHUCK...story on this site.
"This was one of the top stories ever on *Chuck*."
"(Mis)Education Of Sarah Walker is one of the most compelling works I have ever read."
"Wow wow wow, what an incredible ride."
Reviews of The (Mis)Education of Sarah Walker.
"As always, I sit in awe of your skill with words, which is at least as powerful and deadly as Sarah or Mary’s espionage skills."
"...this gorgeous gem of a story..."
Reviews of Chuck Amuck.
"Beautifully constructed. A masterpiece."
"...[A] resounding success..."
"I think this is the most immersive story I have read."
Reviews of Burying Dirt
"This story has been sublime, rich with everything that has defined your particular re-imaginings of the show and its characters."
Review of Hotel Detective
"Home run! This story has been terrific from the start."
Review of Spy vs. Spy vs. Spy vs. Spy
(She Was A) Hotel Detective Table of Contents:
Arc One: Sudden Thaw (Chaps 1-12)
Arc Two: This Fevered Spring (13-24)
Arc Three: Green Grass Glowing (25-31)
Burying Dirt Table of Contents:
Arc One: Original Sin (Chaps 1-7)
Arc Two: Lying Promises (8- 19)
Arc Three: In the Cool Tombs (20-30)
Chuck Amuck Table of Contents:
Prologues, 1 and 2
Book One: inheritance (Chaps 1-11)
Book Two: Fathers and Sons (Chaps 12-29: Chaps 12-13 Prelude)
Book Three: Family Curse? (30- 38: Chaps 30-31 Prelude)
Epilogues 1 and 2
The (Mis)Education of Sarah Walker Table of Contents:
Book One: Sarah vs. the Spy Life. Pre-Burbank Story Sequence
1. Okay to Good? [High school, San Diego Recruitment]
2-3. Girl in the War (Part One-Two) [The Farm]
4-6. Down the Rabbit Hole (One-Three) [First Mission]
7. Red Rabbits [Red Test]
8-12. Girls Will Be Girls (One-Five) [CATs]
13-17. Not Nothing, Not Something (One-Five) [Bryce Larkin, The Andersons]
18-19. Blood and Talcum Powder (One-Two) [Budapest and the Baby and Emma]
Book Two: Sarah vs. Sarah. Burbank Story Sequence
20-21. The Lonely Are Such Delicate Things (One-Two) [First contact with Chuck, first date, and first cover date.]
22. Good Here [Carina comes to Burbank]
23 -25. Lou/Incident/Bryce (One-Three) [Competition and kisses]
26. My Guy [Crown Vic's 'The Incident' conversation and a non-canon S1-ending scene.]
27-28. Fount of Curses (One-Two)[Longshore, Re-assignment, Death -- and Bryce Redux]
29. Reunion [Go Cougars!]
30. Double Agent [Jill Roberts, Fulcrum]
31. Pros, Cons, Commitment [Jack Burton, Mauser, Cole Barker]
32. Mission 564 [Full awareness]
33-34. Imperfect Execution (One-Two) [49B, Orion, Barstow, Bryce, Decisions]
35-37. Back on the Chain Gang (One-Three) [Prague, Hannah, Shaw, Red Test]
38-40 New Traditionalists (One-Three) [Paris, Train, a New Plan, back to Burbank]
41- 51 Darkened Engagements (One-Eleven ) [Phase Three, Volkoff infiltration]
52 - 54 For Whom the Bell Tolls (One-Three) [CATs reunion, wedding]
Epilogue: Sarah vs. the Emptiness. Post-finale Story
55 - 60 (One -Six) Hollow Woman? [Sarah leaves Burbank, visitations, new 'missions']
There is a Spotify playlist for this story--just check under (Mis)Education.
Sarah vs Omaha Table of Contents:
Prelude, Blue and Empty
First Arc, Grace Abandoned, Chapters 1-5
Second Arc, Look Homeward, Angel, Chapters 6-13
Third Arc, Heaven-Fallen, Chapters 14-22
Postlude, Brave New World
Turned Tables: The Long Story Table of Contents:
1. Chapter 1 "Boy Meets Girl", Chapter 2 "Russian Novels, Pulp Fiction": Prelude
2. Chapter 3 "Injurious Vision?", Chapter 4 "Axis and Allies", Chaps 5 “A Chink in the Wall”, Chap 6 "Blister Soul": The Anathema Mission
3. Chapter 7 "Another First Kiss": Interlude
4. Chapter 8 "Sameness and Difference", Chapter 9 "Don't Let's Start", Chapter 10 "Working in a Coal Mine", Chapter 11 "The First Time I Died", Chapter 12 "The Foreign Terrain of Now": The His, Hers and Ours Mission
5. Chapter 13 "Meet the Family": Interlude
6. Chapter 14 "Coulrophobia", Chapter 15 "Pratfall", Chapter 16 "Sideshow", Chapter 17 "Kicking Sawdust", Chapter 18 "Clown Alley", "Black and White Circus?", Chapter 20 "Jugglery", Chapter 21 "Stand and Deliver” Chapter 22 “The Flop”, Chapter 23 "A Shudder of Clowns": The Circus Days and Nights Mission
7. Chapter 24 "Twelve Thousand Years", Chapter 25 "Day to Day": Interlude
8. Chapter 26 "Hardly Getting Over It", Chapter 27 "It's Not Peculiar", Chapter 28 "Too Much Spice", Chapter 29 "A Dreary Utilitarian Day", Chapter 30 “Dead Set on Destruction”, Chapter 31 "Too Far Down?", Chapter 32 “Zen Arcade”: The Eiffel Tower High Mission
9. Chapter 33 "Color Me Badd", Chapter 34 "Quarry Hymns", Chapter 35 "The Hate I Won't Commit", Chapter 36 "Heartcore": The Land of Talk Mission
10. Chapter 37 "The Prose of the World": Postlude
A number of things related to this story, including a soundtrack of sorts, is on my Tumblr site. You may have to scroll back a bit to find it.
"The one faculty [Henry] James felt that the artist may require of his audience is that of close attention or deliberate appreciation; for it is by that faculty alone that the audience participates in the work of art...upon its continuous exertion depend[s] the very existence of what he [writes] ." R. P. Blackmur
Thanks for reading!
"Love, if worth anything, seems to demand pain and strain in order to prove itself, and is not satisfied with an easy attainment. How indeed should one know the great heights except by the rocks and escarpments? And pain often in some strange way seems to be the measure of love — the measure by which we are assured that love is true and real; and so (which is one of the mysteries) it becomes transformed into a great joy." Edward Carpenter