Author has written 21 stories for Harry Potter, D N Angel, Inuyasha, Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh, Gakuen Alice, Lord of the Rings, Ginban Kaleidoscope, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, One Piece, Death Note, xxxHOLiC, and Nurarihyon no Mago/ぬらりひょんの孫.
Name: Dementra (it's not my real one, but that's the only one I'll answer to here)
1. My fanfics may or may not include explicit or hints of slash (yaoi / yuri / shounen-ai / shoujo-ai) pairings, explicit or hints of incest, and/or explicit or hints of scenes (such as torture scenes) or thoughts (such as the thoughts of a serial killer) some people may find distrubing
2. There would be warnings should one or more of the above senarios are explicitly included in my fanfics; however, I cannot guarantee that there would be warnings in the overall summary should it only occur here and there within my fanfics
3. No stealing my ideas or my OC's; they're mines
4. You may borrow them if you ask nicely and if I allow it. However, should I allow it, you must give me the credit for it in all of the fanfics you choose to apply the borrowed material in.
5. My update schedule will be eratic. Do not push for an update, 'cuz it won't work. My plot bunnies come and goes without my say (a fact which really annoys me at times). There may be long delays between each update, but none of my fanfics are abandoned unless I specifically say so.
Some of my fanfiction pet peeves
To me, a Mary Sue is basically a character (OC or not) who has nothing but positive points. Basically, he/she is the strongest, the most intelligent, the one nearly every character admires and/or pins after, the one who always outsmarts his/her foes, and has no weaknesses, no fears, no vices, no personal demons, etc. In my opinion, a Mary Sue is an underdeveloped, 2D major character. (Minor characters, in nature, do not need to be developed a lot). I personally prefer major characters who are developed and 3D, and hence realistic. Readers are typically able to sympathsize with 3D characters. I enjoy reading stories with characters like that.
I find that many people tend to be ignorant of what PMS really is. Yes, PMS is technically a time of the month for females, but it does not occur during menstruation. It is called pre-menstruation syndrome for a reason. PMS occurs at a period of time when there is a high level of hormones in a female. There are those who experience major mood swings and there are those who do not. Hence, not every female go "crazy" during this period of time. Of course, there are other symptoms as well. Anyhow, the time when females have the lowest amount of hormones is actually when the period comes. So, females do not typically have mood swings during this time. Naturally, there are exemptions to everything, but I am not going to go into all the details of that. If you want to find out more, do your own research.
Flamers / Story bashers
If you don't like something about a fanfic, that's perfectly fine. Every writer has things he/she needs to improve on and every reader has his/her own preferences. However, the reader shouldn't forget that they have absolutely no right to bash a writer's stories just because the content didn't match their preference. If you don't like to read certain types of stories, then don't read it. It's just that simple.
When I find a type of story that I don't enjoy reading, I simply stop reading it or not read it at all. There's no need to flame the author just because the fanfic's content or writing style didn't suit my taste.
Moreover, just because you didn't enjoy that type of story, it doesn't mean that no one enjoys it. Stop flaming the authors and making them feel bad about their writing! Many good authors lose their confidence because of the flames they receive from inconsiderate readers. Some even drop out of facinfiction.net or writing all together.
And really, I find it really stupid and annoying that most, if not all, flamers tend to review a story as an anonymous reviewer. What? Scared to receive credit for the flames? Scared to receive comments from the authors? If you're brave enough to flame / bash someone else's fanfic, at least take credit for in a way that you can be contacted. Some even pose as multiple flamers just to get at the poor authors. This is called cyber bullying, people.
(On that note, all flames made by anonymous reviewers would be explicitly ignored by me. And those reviews would be immediately deleted upon my notice.)
Also, instead of flaming or bashing a fanfic, why don't you just give the author some advice as to where you think he/she should improve on or change (i.e. give constructive criticisms, not flames/bashings)? That way, there is a chance (after all, they don't have to do as you say) that they would take heed of your advice.
Thank you for all those who reads my FanFics and thank you for all those who reviews my FanFics. I really appreciate it.
Unsafe External Link