Author has written 23 stories for Harry Potter.
My name is Kat...
... And it's annoying me how everyone is saying Harry Potter is over... in my eyes, Harry Potter will never be over.
Though now I am a sixteen-year-old student living in Texas, I joined as an eleven-year-old in love with the anime Inuyasha with too much time on my hands. Now, after six years and plenty of bouncing around between fandoms, I exclusively write Harry Potter fanfictions. Because I've loved the books since I was nine years old, it only seems to make sense to write about them when the muse hits.
As a (proud) fanfiction writer, the most rewarding thing I can get in my email inbox is a review from a happy reader. However, I no longer complain about getting favorite alerts without a review, because I'm really just thankful that I'm receiving feedback at all. Of course, I would ideally get both a review and a favorite, but one without the other, along with any combination of other alerts, is enough to make my day. :D
I'm also known to be quite artsy at times, and am often asked why I don't pursue art instead of writing... the only answer I can offer is that I've never had a passion for anything as strong as my passion for writing.
I am a huge fan of South Korean culture, particularly their entertainment industry and idol groups. SHINee, MBLAQ, Super Junior, and Big Bang are my main favorites, but I like everything from Brother Su and One Way to B1A4 and Dalmatian.
To go along with my love for Harry Potter, I absolutely love StarKid Potter. In my eyes, everything they touch turns to gold. (And I'm proud to say that I loved Darren Criss way before Glee... seeing him in a gay relationship, however, just makes things even better. :D)
Also, anime has always been a part of my life (as is evident on my Deviant Art, with all of my fan-art and whatnot), and certain shows have not only changed my outlook on fiction, but have changed my life as well. Some of my most favorites :)
My future plans include finishing school, moving to South Korea for a few years to teach English, and then moving to San Francisco for the remainder of my time.
My favorite part of Harry Potter is the Next Generation (though, if you want to know an irrelevant and fun fact about me, I first looked up HP fanfics because of a scene in OotP that made me want to check out the Sirius/Harry pairing... ), because you can do with them whatever you want, and it will more or less stay canon. However, I also absolutely adore the Marauder era, because the Marauders are some of the best characters in fiction. My OTP is Scorpius/Albus Severus (in that order), and to be completely honest, though I've written plenty of Rose/Scorpius is the past, I'm not the biggest fan of het pairings as of late.
The Sorting Hat says I belong in Slytherin. It beat Gryffindor by a single point. :D
Ships I Sail
Scorpius/Albus Severus (in that order) OTP. Nothing about them that I don't love.
Teddy/James Sirius With the middle names Remus and Sirius, there is no possible way these two aren't perfect for each other. The whole Victorie thing is irrelevant. And I kind of have a thing for big age-gaps, which they more than fulfill :D Actually, these two fit into a lot of the strange quirks I have in pairings, which I won't go into, for fear of scaring potential readers away. :)
Remus/Sirius Despite my love for Next Gen, these two are still a pairing I really, really love. Puppy love and whatnot :D
Draco/Harry Because they're more or less what got me interested in slash in the first place. Squint really hard at page 409 of HBP, get very sub-texty, and take everything they say out of context, and it's somewhat canon :)
Rose/Scorpius Honestly the only het pairing that I still like. I started out writing only them, so I'll always have a certain love for this pairing. I often neglect them in favor of S/A, but I try to come back when I can. They were set up quite well in the Epilogue of DH, and sometimes there's nothing better than a classic Romeo-and-Juliet story :)
Pet Peeves of
- People saying that Scorpius is OOC. Technically, Scorpius has no character. JKR simply said that he looks like his father and is a better person than him, so he can be anyone, really. Though, I don't see him as a bottom in a slash pairing, but that may just be me personally...
- People saying that (this story) is similar to (that story). As much as I would love to say that I come up with completely original ideas, nearly everything has already been done before. I think I'm one of the only authors not ashamed to say that. I may not have read one that's the same as my idea, but even I know that there's a huge chance for my story to have the exact same plot as some other story. That's the risk of writing on a public writing site: unintentional plagiarism.
- People who write Rose to be a whore, or a whiny, annoying, needy person. These types of girls are disgraces to the female gender, and I refuse to try to identify with them. Even when written as an antagonist, I simply can't imagine Rose like this.
- Stories that start with an amazing plot-line, and end up as a PWP. If you're going to write a PWP, no disrespect towards you, but at least be honest and identify it as that.
- Fics in script format. Dialogue-fics, in my opinion, are a shortcut that shouldn't be taken, because it really just belittles the authors who work hard to have both dynamic dialogue and action within the same story.
- When people completely ignore Peter in Marauder Era. I completely understand not wanting him around, since he turned out to be the biggest asshole, but, at the time, he was one of their friends. There are creative ways to get him out of the picture, but at least acknowledge his existence, please.
- When people review what's in the Author's Notes and not what's actually in the chapters. This is a writing website, not a blog. I write the A/Ns to give commentary to the chapter, and of course I'd like you to read them, but I'd much rather like to know what you thought about the chapter than whether you agree or disagree with my thoughts at the end of the chapter...
- People saying that James's age isn't canon. James doesn't have an age. It never said in the Epilogue what Year he was going into, only that he was older than Al. So, he could be any year above Second, and there is no set age difference between him and his brother. Just to clear that up.
- Mediocre fics receiving 500-2,000 positive reviews when really great ones have less than 50. I find it quite unfair that the really amazing writers of this site are lumped in with the less-than-good ones, and I think amazing stories deserve recognition over the ones with shallow plot lines like "omg, he likes me and I like him what do I do??!?!" Beautiful writing and well-thought-out plots deserve reviews equal to the effort put into the story.
- People who identify slash as things like "creepy". Sigh. I'm not saying everyone has to be as gung-ho about it (or even tolerant, really) as I am, but please. Grow up.
- I suppose this is less of a pet peeve than something that honestly confuses me... Maybe it's just a matter of personal preference, and I guess there are some stories out there that are convincing enough, but why does everyone think Al Potter is on top?!?!It just... I don't understand. From what I got out of Al's character, he's your quiet, shy little uke type. So... why is he suddenly becoming so outgoing and seme in every story I read about them?? Maybe it's just me (It really does seem to be that way... :S), but I always imagined James as the Potter son who was boisterous and outgoing, and Al shy and quiet and reserved like he was in the Epilogue. Maybe I'm fighting a losing battle with that one... :P
If you're someone who has read this far in my profile, then I applaud you.
Oh, and I love you :)