Author has written 33 stories for Anne of Green Gables series, Firefly, NCIS: Los Angeles, Stargate: Atlantis, Thoughtcrimes, Glee, Fast and the Furious, Twilight, and Power Rangers.
I am a 30 year old, chain smoking, writing obsessed, music enthusiast. Over the last decade and a half I have been (in no particular order) a student, concert promoter, stage manager, tour manager, t-shirt wench (ie: merchandise manager if you want to get fancy), editor, human dictaphone (ie: assistant if you want to get technical), bartender, Randall from 'Clerks' (legit, that's exactly what working in a video store is like) and funeral parlor greeter (hand-to-God - that's what they told me the job was called).
Some days I wish I had a time-machine so I could go back and say to my 15 year old self, "Pay attention in science and math classes...the economy is going to tank three years after you graduate college and you will never be able to support yourself by majoring in communications. There is a reason it's a Bachelor of Science; 'cause it's BS! Be a doctor or a lawyer or something useful!"
Then I remember that for all the insanity and instability - everything I've been through have given me stories, experiences and (most importantly) friends worth more then gold. There is something to be said for riding around in a ten person van (with twelve people) for a three month stretch praying you'll have enough money for a cheap hotel room in at least every other city. You quickly find that those are some of the only people who will ever understand your particular brand of insanity.
Writing: My 'fanfic life' has sort of died down in the last year or so mostly due to a lack of inspiration in the fandom I had chosen to focus my writing on (mid-Season 3-onwards fairly destroyed everything that was charming about Glee as far as I'm concerned). I've been working on some original stuff (another pipe-dream) in my spare time and I'm hoping to get back into the swing of fanfic as a stress reliever soon. I just need to pick a new fandom to write in.
Since she is my favorite character then if I'm not reading HHr, I will read Hermione/Not!Ron (though I hate stories that sacrifice the HHr friendship in order to put her with someone else). The key there being Not!Ron. Because I don't know what JK Rowling's personal life is but between her and Stephanie Meyer the next generation of teenagers are going to have some screwed up ideas of what a healthy relationship is. Hermione and Ron have the type of relationship that screams 'potentially abusive couple' (maybe I'm cracked but I can totally see Ron hauling off and smacking her around somewhere down the road when their tempers get the better of them). Bickering is not healthy, it does not imply UST. It implies lack of respect for each other and a refusal to accept each others weaknesses.
I can barely stomach Harry and Ginny unless it's mostly off-screen and even then the author has to have found a way to mature Ginny out of her fan-girl phase. Perhaps if we had seen this growth in the novels instead of Harry and Ginny barely ever speaking to each other and then *BAM* 'chest monster'. That combined with Molly's little love-potion story from the third book...well, yea, I'm definitely in on that conspiracy theory. But I'll get off my soap-box as this is a fanfic site and not a literary analysis.
- Glee - I stopped watching half-way through Season 3 (not that I'm surprised as it's basically history repeating itself for Ryan Murphy to destroy his critically acclaimed shows by that point) but I do still read. Puckleberry. That's it. That's all. No one else exists in my world.
- Stargate/Stargate: Atlantis - I hate Sci-Fi (which is different then fantasy/horror) as a rule normally (StarTrek might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in my life and I've only ever seen A New Hope of the StarWars series). These shows sucked me in somehow back in '97 when it was on Showtime and I've been an unapologetic fan ever since.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel - BtVS is probably my favorite tv show...ever. Angel, not so much - but Angel and Cordelia happen to be two of my favorite characters from the original series; therefore, I watched (cringing painfully in later seasons). OTP: Xander/Cordelia (with a teensy bit of Angel/Cordelia if it's written well). Buffy and Willow pretty much annoy the snot out of me and most days I'd like to kick them off their high-horses. Faith is awesome and has always been awesome. I like Dawn in fanfic but spent most of season 5 complaining that she was a lame retcon and/or plot contrivance depending on what was going on at the time. The comics don't exist in my world.
- Firely - the show we all lost far too soon. One of the only fandoms where I'll read OC fics and that's mostly from a deep, burning hatred of Inara's character.
- Walking Dead - I adore the comic and the show is possibly even more awesome; even if it did flip some plot lines upside down and play a bit of a shell game with them. But that's okay because they've acknowledged that fact and intended to create two different universes amongst the same general 'world'. That and the show gave us Daryl (though unfortunately didn't kill Carol like in the comics...yet?). This is also one of the fandoms I'll read OCs in because taking into mind the idea of the 'universe' it's completely feasible that the group would interact with new characters as time passes.