Author has written 28 stories for ER, Little House on the Prairie, Guardian, Little House series, 7th Heaven, As the World Turns, StarTrek: Voyager, Reba, Jericho, and Harry Potter.
My name is Jessica ... I am 39 years old and I live in Illinois.
I love reading Star Trek & Harry Potter fanfiction, though sometimes I will venture into other areas at times. However, I've noticed quite a few things when it comes to reading a good story:
1. Spell & Grammar Check: Always reread your story and check for spelling and grammar errors. Punctuation is also important for a good story. A good story idea is often ruined by these things alone.
2. Please write a good summary to the story. Please, do not write something to the effect of: I can't write good summaries or this story is stupid or something similar. If you cannot write a good summary, why should I believe that you can write a good story? Also, if you think that your story is stupid, then why are you posting the thing where everyone else can read your crap?
3. I dislike reading extremely long stories that end up being 'abandoned'. Any story that has the word 'abandoned' in the summary, I usually just skip over that story.
4. Adopted stories: When I see the word 'adopted' in the summary of a story, I tend to steer away from the story as well. There is no guarantee that the one who adopted the story actually has the permission from the original author. That's just me, however.
5. Constant sex scenes in a story. I know that some folks like reading and writing such things, but I don't. At least, not constantly throughout a story. We get the hint the first time around. The story is more about other things than just the sex within the story.
6. People constantly asking for reviews within a multi-chapter story. If people are interested in a story, they will read and review it.
7. On a related note, holding a new chapter hostage just to get more reviews ... not a good idea in my opinion. But again, that's just me.
There are other pet peeves, I'm sure... but I'll write the rest of them at a later date.
A new story is out: One hundred things to know about Harry Potter. Feel free to read and review, thanks.
Yeah, I am still working on stories, they just won't be posted for quite some time.
However, I have a Harry Potter story challenge for anyone who wants to take it up (just PM me to let me know where your story is): Harry/Hermione/Harem with concubines mixed into the story (NO SLASH, please). Minimize the sex scenes, make those scenes mostly implied, please. Inheritances? Yes, just don't overdue it. Harry undergoes training to defeat Voldemort once and for all: physical, mental, emotionally. He also is an animagus. He is also tutored by Severus Snape as well as having an apprenticeship under Madam Pomfry. Harry is independent, powerful in his own right (he surpasses Voldemort & Dumbledore in power), and has his own 'followers'.
Updated story challenges: I would love to see these story challenges written -whoever wants to do the challenges, please let me know so that I can follow your story.
1. ST: VOY: Naomi Wildman & Chakotay: both must answer: What are you afraid of?
2. ST: VOY: Chakotay/Wildman marriage & starting a family of their own (while on Voyager). Their relationship starts by the time they are stranded on New Earth. When they get together is totally up to you, though I'd recommend that it starts before the end of the 3rd season, or early in the 4th season. They have two-three children before Voyager returns home. The Trails and Tribulations of raising a family while living in deep space.
3. ST: VOY Tuvok/Wildman: same challenge as above.
4. St: Voy: In the episode 'Night', Voyager manages to escape 'the void' only after two months. What if they were stranded in 'the void' for the entire two years? How would the crew cope? Families are started and maintained. Every single person is thoroughly trained in each and every department; because of this, at least three crew members are trained to be nurses full time & two crewmen are well into their training to becoming medical drs. Another is in training to become a counselor. Other crewmen finally find the niche within the crew, and at least two cooks are added to the roster. Make the story interesting, but it must be well written.
5. St: Voy: Besides Seven of Nine, two other drones join the crew in 'Scorpion'. You choose the species, and you choose the recovery methods. However, the two additional drones are granted asylum and join Voyager's crew on their journey home.They slowly adjust to their new environment quite well, they are integrated into two different departments, and find friends and lovers. However, the journey is not easy. Length: Moderate to Long, as the story should incorporate season five and the episode 'Night' from season six.
6: Harry Potter: HP/Multi pairing story (no slash pairings, please) with the following additional story lines: abuse by the Dursleys prior to the start of book 1, a different way of Harry getting his Hogwarts letter, a different house sorting, Ron (and only Ron from the Weasley family) & Dumbledore bashing, independent Harry, Very smart Harry, HP best friends with Hermione Granger, Neville Longbottom, and Blaise Zabini; SS mentoring HP and gang, bound & unleashed magic, inheritances (but not overly done), HP becomes a highly trained wizard (physically, magically, etc... the best of the best auror/hit wizard), grey HP, and whatever else you want to add to the story.
7. Harry Potter X St: Voyager crossover: time travel. Pairings (if any): you choose (no slash though, please).
8. Harry Potter: Dumbledore trains Harry right from the start to 'Vanquish' Voldemort; basically Dumbledore outright training Harry & gang to fight the worst dark wizard ever. There is no manipulation from Dumbledore. He gets right to the point, and challenges Harry in every respect. He receives extra tutoring in potions, Transfiguration, Ancient Runes, and DADA training from day one. Dumbledore cannot lie to HP (you choose why), so Harry is able to get any and all questions answered the moment he asks them. Horcruxes: yes. And while Snape is still a git in the story, both he and Harry learn to trust each other. Pairings: you choose (no slash pairings, please).
9. Harry & Draco are able to put their differences aside early on and slowly become good friends. Neither is light or dark: they just are. Grey. Draco becomes one of the golden trio. Pairings: you choose, though please no slash.
10. HP/HG pairing. HP & HG are dark wizards, but are not in line with Voldemort or the Death Eaters. Do they survive the war? Are they able to vanquish the Dark Lord. You choose.
|Focus:||TV Shows StarTrek: Voyager|