Author has written 24 stories for Evangelion, Bleach, Final Fantasy XII, Kill Bill, Friends, and Mai HiME.
I'm a college student who loves animation (eastern and western alike), music, and films. I also like to waste time on forums (FLCLWorld) and make playlists for my favorite anime. Currently working on a manga (need willpower badly!) and enjoying my Computer Animation class at school.
Favorite Movies: Pulp Fiction, Aliens, Saw, Napoleon Dynamite, Good Night and Good Luck, Spiderman 2, Team America (F yeah!), Army of Darkness, Airplane, Office Space, FMA: COS
Favorite Music: My musical tastes range far and wide, from The Pillows to Frank Sinatra.
Favorite Graphic Novels/Manga: V For Vendetta, Sin City, Watchmen, Excel Saga, Evangelion, Kodocha, Chobits, Rising Stars of Manga, Death Note
Top 10 Anime In my Opinion (no particular order):
10) Neon Genesis Evangelion-- A work of remarkable ambition and artistic vision. Excellent story, mecha/monster designs, but gets a little too wrapped up in its own psychologyfor its own good. The manga for this one is better (i.e., more developed characters).
9) R.O.D. TV-- A fun show with amusing characters, good animation, but way too confusing a story. Made me wish I could control paper- Hells, yeah:)
8) Bleach-- Didn't like it at first, but this show's great characters and addictive storytelling won me over. Pretty much the only "superpower" anime I like. Plus, it's got some of the best opening/closing songs in anime. Sweet.
7) Azumanga Daioh-- Without question, the most accessible-- and funniest-- anime ever. Why? One word: Osaka. Oh, and the great cast and writing helps too. Once you get used to the almost too saccharine cuteness, even guys should get a kick out of this show (speaking as a guy myself).
6) FLCL-- A glorious, rapturous explosion of animated anarchy. Every aspect of the production--from the music to the unbelieveable animation to the characters to the surprisingly deep story make this one a winner. Manages to accomplish in only 6 episodes what many series fail to do in 4 times that length.
5) Last Exile-- I recently acquired this well reviewed, but surprisingly unknown, anime via the Internet. From the first episode to the last, I was completely hooked. Great story, great characters (Alex Row kicks ass), excellent design and stylistic sensibility, no animal mascot, a minimum of SD-- what more could you ask for?
4) Escaflowne-- Another recent acquisition-- I haven't even finished watching it. So why is it here? Because of the great story, rich fantasy universe, characters, unique mecha sensibility, and universal appeal. Truly anime's answer to "The Lord of the Rings." Oh, and the music-- I've never heard anything so rich and orchestral in a TV anime. Incredible.
3) RahXephon-- Its been called "Eva for the 21st century." And, in both surpassing and falling into many of the failings and successes of its predecessor, it truly is. A high concept anime with a unique stylistic crossover ( Egyptian-style mecha?) and a much better ending than Eva's (both of them).
2) Samurai Champloo-- Wantanabe's successor to Cowboy Bebop is not as deep as its precursor, but every bit as entertaining. A good dub, great music, fun characters and solid writing make this a wholly entertaining animated journey.
1) Cowboy Bebop-- Need I say more? Beautiful animation, toe-tapping jazz/blues/country/rock music, excellent characters, smart writing and episodic nature make this both one of the best anime ever and the best one to get non-anime lovers to watch. An unsurpassable work of style and beauty.
Rei Ayanami, Ryoji Kaji (Eva), Commander Kunigi, Makoto Issihiki(RahXephon), Mugen, Jin, Sara(Samurai Champloo), Haruko, Canti (FLCL), Osaka, Tomo, Yukari (Azumanga Daioh), Spike, Vincent, Ed, Faye, Jet (Cowboy Bebop), Goemon, Gigen, Lupin (Lupin III), Alex Row, Tatiana, Klaus, Lavie, Dio (Last Exile), Excel, Iwata, Puchuus, Nabeshin (Excel Saga) Ichigo, Rukia, Renji, Kenpachi, Byakuya, Chad, Aizen, Komamura, Kyoraku, Yoruichi, Urahara, Soi Fong, Uryuu (Bleach), Merle, Dailandau, Folken, Hitomi, Allen, Van (Escaflowne), Edward, Scar, Roy Mustang, Lust, Envy, Izumi (FullMetal Alchemist), Alucard, Seras, Father Anderson (Hellsing); Eureka, Holland (Eureka Seven).
Shinji/Rei- as far as I'm concerned, the most beautiful tragic romance in anime. Sorry Asuka fans, but I never really bought the Shinji/Asuka thing.
Asuka/Rei- mainly because I think that their contrasting personalities make their relationships (friends, lovers, enemies, whatever) interesting and dynamic.
Mugen/Fuu- A mismatched pair who complements each other well.
Mugen/Sara- Don't know if there's much of a market for this one, but I liked their interaction in the show and thought they would have gotten on well if she, ya know, wasn't hired to kill them.
Rukia/Renji- you know she'll just end up with Ichigo in the end, but these two should have been together.
Rukia/Ichigo- What, I can't like both? Their interaction is friendly with a good mix of hostile, but not the I-hate-you-but-secretly-love-you crap that I've grown tired of.
Faye/Spike- Not so much for a mutual attraction, but because Faye's one-sided affection at the show's end got to me.
Spike/Julia- True love, in all its bittersweet glory.
Naota/Haruko- She's awesome, free and without a care in the world, he's apathetic, young, and mature--they complete each other.
Yoruichi/Soi Fong- Two excellent characters that simply belong together. Plus, I admire Soi Fong's degree of devotion to her mistress.
L/Misa- Just because seeing her getting used by Light (sorry, Raito for the hardcore fanscan lovers) is so disturbingly painful to watch.
Joey/Phoebe- Still wondering how the hell this didn't happen, even as a failed relationship. So cute together.
Brock/Molotov- Brutal, savage true love.
Monte Cristo/Haidee- a great devotionship, plus a wonderful interpersonal dynamic between the two.
Soi Fong/Kisuke- Yes, that isn't a typo.
Balthier/Fran- Could these two BE any more married?
Rem/Misa- Oh God, NOT that way. But Rem's selfless devotion to Misa is really nice to see in a series where the protagonist is a manipulative and deceitful bastard.
Katara/Aang- Adorable, epic love.
Sokka/Suki- Suki's made of awesome as is Sokka, so naturally these two go well together.
Sokka/Toph- Mainly because seeing badass Toph crushing on him is insanely cute, and because she's had more screen time than Suki in the entire series.
Zuko/Mai- Make no attempt to resist their emo love XD
Azula/Ty Lee- Okay, Ty Lee's the only person in the whole freakin' series that Azula has actually APOLOGIZED to SINCERELY. And for all her cockteasery, Ty Lee just screams 'submissive lesbian.'
Azula/Zuko- The only incest pairing I've ever ended up supporting like crazy. Mainly because Azula makes anything she's in over 9000 times more awesome XD
Jun/Iroh- Because she's the only one sexy enough for Iroh XD
Stories I'm working on:
On a writing hiatus. I apologize to everyone who's waiting on more chapters, but between school, recreation and writer's block I haven't been able to write in a while. Will eventually get back to it.
Other websites you can find me at:
|Community:||Godesses of Flash|