Author has written 2 stories for Naruto, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and RWBY.
To be honest, I have not done much reading lately. So a lot of what was written here on this profile has been removed as they are no longer relevant.
I am writing a NarutoXPercy Jackson crossover, but it is mostly just writing practice. It's currently a slow burn, but I'm working on it.
Since most of you who will visit here will likely have done so because of Enduring Legacy: Shadow of the Sun, I think it might be a good idea to explore the story more here. Things that might boarder on spoiler territory(I'll avoid out right spoilers still) and some things that I just can't fit in my writing.
The Title: Enduring Legacy: Shadow of the SunI've always like titles with multiple applications to the story and so this one has many as well. I won't list them all but here are a few.
- The whole title can be a reference to Shinobu's relation to Naruto. She is, in a way, his legacy onto this world. Naruto is often likened to the sun in cannon and in this fanfic Shinobu can be likened to being his shadow.
- Shinobu could also be considered a legacy of Konoha, the Elemental Nations, and/or the entire Naruto world.
- Chiron's assumption, and therefore an assumption taken by the campers themselves, is that Shinobu is a legacy, not a demigod.
- The prophecy Apollo has (as seen in Ch 4) could be taken as something that will shadow over the series.
- As we can see, saving Thalia might be considered a good, perhaps even a great good, for this world, but it also has consequences. Without becoming a Thalia's Pine Tree, the camp has weaker boarders. With Thalia alive, Hades still has incentive to hunt for her, which affects those around her(as further illustrated in Chapter 7). It also puts the Great Prophecy in question, risking its earlier fulfilment by almost 5 years.
The Name: Shinobu HimuraShinobi - Shinobu. Get it. Both actually can be interpreted as endure or to endure AFAIK. Himura - from what I've gathered(I didn't come up with the name, I got my friend who is much more into anime than I am to suggest them as well as tell me what their supposed to mean) could be scarlet village or fire village. In some ways you can see the name as a bit of an in-joke as well as a small nod to her origins.
- It describes her origins. She is a shinobi from the Land of Fire.
- Shinobu has Naruto's experiences and he has endured quite a bit. Not to mention it was him who mentioned how shinobi are meant to endure.
- Enduring is in the title.
Chapter XIII: Sword StyleI've decided to name this after the chapter where I first directly inform the readers about Shinobu's developing fighting technique.
- The style Shinobu is creating is heavily inspired by the Hyuuga's Gentle Fist(as directly stated in Chapter 13).
- This is very much in character IMO for Naruto. Naruto has borrowed from other styles before, like the Naruto Uzumaki Combo from Rock Lee's Front Lotus(as directly stated in Chapter 13).
- The difference however is that this is a much more difficult endeavor as she is creating a whole style and not just basing on one move. It is also difficult because IMO the Gentle Fist, unlike the Strong Fist, is very much against her style.
- Naturally, Shinobu will give her style its own twist as she is prone to do with many of her techniques, again, like with the Naruto Uzumaki Combo.
Naruko/Shinobu: Character Profile
Shinobu is a short girl with long blonde hair; vibrant blue eyes; an oval, almost hearth-shaped, face; and a lean build.
Shinobu’s favourite colours are red, yellow, and orange.
Shinobu is hyperactive but is capable of meditating. She is not great with academics nor with complex planning ahead but is great at adapting on the moment and lateral thinking. She is loud, outspoken, and very emotional but is compassionate and very willing to listen. She does not break her promises but is secretive, devious, and willing to lie or omit truths.
Reduced testosterone results in lowered aggression and lower muscle strength (half upper body, two-thirds lower body) and lower metabolism
Birthdate: October 10?
Age: 12 - 13?
Height: 146 cm / 57.47 in - 148 cm / 58.25 in
Weight: 41.7 kg - 41 kg
Blood type: B?
Attire & Gear:
Oversized, orange Camp Half-Blood shirt and loose, dark-blue, denim pants.
Metal forearm guards and metal shin guards
Leather straps to hold blades. One horizontal strap acting like a belt connected to two vertical straps going over her shoulders.
Two rapiers; ~95.25 cm, slender, sharply pointed, best suited for thrusting attacks, metal(not Celestial Bronze); strapped to the sides.
Thirteen daggers; versatile and disposable. Two under the armpit, eleven accessible from behind; four along each vertical strap and three along the belt.
Two large daggers; ~20.5 cm blades, reverse-edged, made from Nemean Lion's canines, lined with other materials such as Stygian Iron.
Eighteen small daggers: ~7.75 cm to 6.75 cm blades, reverse-edged, made from Nemean Lion's claws, return to strap after 5 seconds.