Author has written 4 stories for Naruto.
I'm an editor/writer by trade and first stumbled on fan fiction of the Harry Potter persuasion as an (exceedingly awkward) teenager. At the time, I never actually tried writing anything, preferring to spend my time ghosting around sites like this one as a "guest." College and life happened, and I pretty much forgot about the wonderful world of fan fiction for a good decade.
I started halfheartedly watching Naruto (after 15 years of steadfastly swearing that Anime wasn't for me) at the debatably harmless influence of my now husband... go figure. Embarrassingly quickly, I fell hard for Sasuke (he's just so adorably broody...) and committed myself to making it through all of Shippuden. Then, one evening while home alone with an iPhone, some wine, and a burning desire to procrastinate wedding planning, I found myself here, browsing the extensive Naruto offerings. Thanks to what we'll politely call a bit of an obsessive/addictive personality, I quickly became hooked. Given my career, it was only a matter of time before I switched over from reading only to writing.
So far, I've written exclusively within the Naruto fandom and don't really have any plan to wander off into another realm. When it comes to pairings, I tend to stick with Sakura... SasuSaku and ItaSaku are a close first and second (that are pretty much interchangeable for me), followed by ShiSaku and KakaSaku. I'll also dabble in poly offerings of the SasuSakuIta (as long as it doesn't go too far in the straight-up SasuIta direction), NaruSasuSaku, and ItaSakuShi (not too many of those, though) varietals.
A few things to note...
- I have not read the manga and know literally no Japanese. My stories are researched (ie, Google is my best friend, and I try to avoid making too much stuff up out of thin air), but I don't doubt that hardcore Naruto fans and those who are better acquainted with Japanese language and culture than I are going to find discrepancies. You're totally welcome to point them out if it makes you happy. (Politeness is appreciated!)
- I work full-time and write first and foremost for myself, so I don't post on a schedule and have utterly no plan to. I try to post fairly regularly, though, as long as life stays out of my way, but no promises there. I enjoy the human element of characters most. I try to keep things true to the personalities presented in the anime, but you may sometimes find yourself disagreeing with my interpretation (which is totally fine and part of the beauty of fanfic! It's always interesting to get those reactions.)
- Sometimes my characters behave... less than ethically. Hey, no one's perfect, and I do like drama. You're totally welcome to boo/hiss at them for being idiots. I get a huge kick out of enthusiastic readers, and I like to think that I'm a relatively moral person, so I might very well agree with you! That being said, I'm not a huge fan of being personally bashed for something a character did, so if your comment begins with something along the lines of "How dare you...," maybe reconsider? :-)
- I don't always follow canon when writing (although I do try to keep things somewhat authentic). I get that some people prefer stories to closely track what actually happened in the anime/manga, but I may not always do so. Different strokes for different folks!
- If you take the time to comment, follow, or favorite one of my stories, I do very much appreciate it. I don't always respond to reviews privately, but please know that I am exceedingly grateful for the feedback/interest!