Author has written 17 stories for Twilight.
WELCOME! to the Broken Holiday Record Contest
First of all, thank you to EVERYONE who participated!
Congrats Ladies! We have lovely Banners coming your way in the morning, by the talented Jennmc75, and as promised, blurbs/mini reviews to be posted here, on The Writer's Coffee Shop.
The authors, revealed:
A Lot - Crimsonmarie
A Tennessee Christmas - Mistress Elektra
Christmas Don't Be Late - Justaskalice
Christmas Reality - Juliebutterfly
Christmas Remembrances - BeeJelly
Christmas Shoes - GirlWhoReads
Forgiveness Comes with a Bow - Iwant2sparkle
Last Christmas - xshear, kARLOTITA09
Night Before Christmas - TheSpoiltOne/Footroza
On The First Day of Christmas - NanMcCullen
Panty Wearing Freak - Jennmc75
Pick Your Poison - Gasaway Alley, Viola Cornuta, IslandWoman221, Winterstale
The Advent Calendar - Alogisch
The Fourteenth Christmas - lizzyvamp1901
The Name’s Cullen, Scrooge Cullen - Fates Loves Queen
There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays - SparklingTwilight
What Christmas is All About - BMT
we wanted to give you ladies some time to write the awesome holiday fics we know you're got hiding in those beautful heads of yours!
Ever feel like some of the same songs are overdone, especially around Christmas? Perhaps the holiday cheer is getting you down? Do you have that relative who plays ONE song, and only that song for way too long? Or maybe this doesn't resonate with you at all, and you're the one who LOVES the Christmas music and could listen to it all year long.
Whatever the case is we want a fic about it. Write a one-shot that expresses the true holiday fanatic or cynic within. And don't worry, we won't tell if you're really the Grinch ;) We just want a story that will get us all in the Christmas spirit!
Write a o/s that somehow involves a Christmas song. It could be based on the song, or the song could simply be playing in the car while the characters take a drive to see Christmas lights. We don't care as long as a Christmas song is somehow involved! Remember, not everything is all cheery and bright. So we'll take those stories about Scrooges too.
Get creative and have fun!
Dates and Important Info
Email your entries to: Shaelove(at)thewriterscoffeeshop(dot)com
Judging will be done by Shaelove and MrsAC ...other judges may be added, we'll let you know...
Entries will be accepted through 11:59PST on December 26th (Saturday)
Voting will take place from December 27th - January 1st, ending at 11:59pm PST
Entries will be posted anonymously on this profile.
Authors will be revealed AFTER the voting has ended.
Winners will be announced January 2nd.
- Minimum Word count: 2,500 words
- Maximum Word count:10,000 words
- The Basics:
- We'll accept any pairing, canon or non-canon. We don't care if it's AH or AU. Cross-overs are welcome. We just want to see what you can come up with.
- The contest is open to all ages, but if your story includes smut you must be over 18. We will be checking.
- You submission should be looked over by a beta. That means not a lot of spelling/grammar mistakes.
- Collaborations are welcomed.
- You can submit as many entries as you like.
- To keep things fair, no stories are allowed to be continued until the contest ends.
- However, your o/s can be a continuation or outtake of an existing fic. Just remember this contest is anonymous.
- Things we will NOT accept: Entries containing incest or rape of any kind will not be accepted.
- ALSO! Please do not post your entries until after voting has ended, this will help us keep it anonymous.
- We also hold the right to make any changes to the rules at any time.
- Winner of the Popular Vote will receive a Story Rec on www.thewriterscoffeeshop.com and a banner for their entry.
- Each Judge will pick their favorite entry as well, and will post a Story Rec on www.thewriterscoffeeshop.com.
If you have ANY questions feel free to email MrsAC at MrsAC(at)gmail(dot)com & Shaelove at Shaelove(at)thewriterscoffeeshop(dot)com.
Or you can Tweet us!
Please placed the following at the top of your entry before submitting:
Title of story
We've started posting as of December 19th (for most of you anyways) We ARE still accepting entries.
And please, feel free to leave the same sort of reviews you would if the stories were on the author's own pages. we will be forwarding the reviews eventually, if they don't check here themselves. Enjoy reading!