Author has written 4 stories for Harry Potter.
Hi everyone! My name is Laura O'Neill, though I also go by several other names including Lolly, Lor, Lorella, Ella, Elle, and La. I have no idea where half of those names came from (especially the Lorella one) but it's what people call me and it's what I answer to. I was born on a cold day on the 21st of April in the year 1988, thus making me 19 years of age. I currently attend Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology where I am in my second semester of my program called "Digital Media Arts". Last year, I went to York University for Film Studies but found it immensely boring and a massive waste of time so I switched to college to get some more hands-on experience. I want to work in the film industry as a writer (which explains the avatar) or as a web developer for a film or television company (but if I'm putting videos on a website without those writers getting paid for it - forget it. I'll just work elsewhere at some design house or something).
The classes I am taking this year are: Web Design/Development, Photography and Imaging, Story Boarding and Planning, Intro to Flash, Typography and Illustrator, Story Telling, and In Search of the Paranormal (it's a class studying paranormal activity and stuff. It's an elective).
A few of my favourite past times include writing, listening to music, facebooking, doing nothing, thinking, and just lazing around. Although I also run, high jump, play soccer, and watch and make films. Things that interest me are often shiny or bright green or something with lights on it that can hold my attention for a really long time.
Some of my favourite books outside of the Harry Potter series include The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger; Confessions of a Shopaholic, Can You Keep a Secret? and The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella; Looking for Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta; The Confessions of Georgia Nicholson series by Louise Rennison; The Princess Diaries series, All American Girl and Teen Idol by Meg Cabot; Life of Pi by Yann Martel; Pride and Prejudice and Emma by Jane Austen; The Adventures of Alex Rider Series by Anthony Horowitz; Eragon and Eldest by Christopher Paolini; The View from Castle Rock by Alice Munro; The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman.
I have way too may favourite movies (outside HP) to even count, so I'll list some of them here: Magnolia, Hook, Broken Wings, Three Seasons, Garden State, Finding Neverland, Love Actually, Crash, Beseiged, High School Musical (don't ask), Oklahoma, Bend it Like Beckham, The Illusionist, The Color of Paradise, Finding Nemo, Cars, About a Boy, Ella Enchanted, Just Like Heaven, She's the Man, The Perfect Man, Hitch, Ratatouille, Shrek 1-3, Elf, Eragon, Stormbreaker, Disney's Robin Hood, Disney's The Sword in the Stone, The Bourne trilogyFavourite Quotes
(1) The fear of death is worse than death. - Robert Burton
(2) Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so. - Belva Davis
(3) It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
(4) It is a scientific fact that your body will not absorb cholesterol if you take it from another person's plate. - Dave Barry
(5) JD's Mind:"Oh my God, his ex-wife. The tension actually hurts. You have to break it. Say something! Anything!"
(6) Elliot: Oh, my God. You're afraid of balloon rides, aren't you?
Best Harry Potter Quotes
(1) "Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon, doesn't mean we all have." - Hermione to Ron in HP5.
(2) "Then I should make my meaning plainer. Mr Potter has achieved high scores in all tests set by a competent teacher." - Prof. McGonagall to Umbridge in HP5.
(3) "And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."-Dumbledore to Harry in HP6.