Author has written 37 stories for Twilight.
* VOTING IS NOW CLOSED *
Winners will be announced July 30 - August 1
TLS Presents: Lyrics and Lemons - A Song Inspired One-Shot Contest
Ever heard a song and thought, "I could totally turn this into a fic!"
Well here is your chance! And because The Lemonade Stand is hosting, you know you're guaranteed some lemony goodness!
Since TLS is 18+ - That means that entrants must be 18+
Meet Your Judges:
5. FanBoy Mike
There will be one category for People's Choice! So make sure to read ALL ENTRIES because you get to choose the winner!
There are a group of wonderful ladies involved in the validation process of entries.
Without the time and effort that have been dedicated by them,
Lyrics and Lemons would be impossible to put together.
We greatly thank you for being there for us,
Please send all entries to: TLSLYRICSANDLEMONS@
Guidelines For Participants:
1. SUBMISSIONS ARE ANONYMOUS! Please feel free to promote the contest but please do not give hints as to which entry is yours!
2. Authors can write from a song of their choice or choose any of the TLS suggestions. (If you are not a member of the TLS group on FB you won't be able to access the list of songs)
3. The O/S must contain a LEMON- graphic, descriptive, solo, voyueristic, flashback, etc.- as long as it's a lemon! (IT'S THE LEMONADE STAND RIGHT?)
4. The fic should portray lyrics from the song it corresponds with. If your story is the song brought to life, then no lyrics will be required within your story. If your submission does not reflect the story line from your song of choice, then lyrics need to be included.
ex: background or mood music, E singing to B, at a concert, etc.
5. Min/Max requirements: MINIMUM OF 1K WORDS - MAXIMUM OF 10K
6. Any pairing, AH or AU; Any genre (humor, romance, angst); All POVs are welcome!
7. Submissions must be beta'd! You can either use one of the beta's provided or use your own but PLEASE make sure that they aren't biased with voting or leak which story is yours! Stories will be validated before posting.
*note: One of the flagship rules of TLS is quality and we are not compromising on that.
8. Collabs are welcome, but if you enter as a collab you may not enter a personal submission
9. Include a link to youtube with the version of the song you used!
Beta's are available for entrants who wish to use them. Please send your un-beta'd story to TLSLyricsandLemons@ with a subject line stating you need a beta, and it'll be returned to you for a final mark up before posting.
TLS Lyrics and Lemons Contest
Accepting Entries: June 15th through July 13th
Public Voting: July 16th through July 23th
Winners Announced: July 30th - Aug 1st (depends on number of entries and votes! stay tuned for more info!)